Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs God without limits?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Is God without limits?

Post by luchnia »

patrissimo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:36 am
luchnia wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:13 am
patrissimo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:58 pm
Nowhere in the Bible is heaven called a planet. The word planet means wandering star. Again, nowhere in the Bible is heaven called a wandering star.
What difference does it make if heaven is called a planet or if the earth is called a planet in the Bible? The Dake forum that you are posting on is not in mentioned in the Bible either, yet you are posting on it. Does it not exist because it is not mentioned in the Bible?

What is more important from God's word is that spirit, heaven, and earth among many other items have form or body and are not void or nothingness. God is not a God of confusion. Think of form or body like a God created objective purposeful and non-chaotic structure.
Do you realize that what you are saying is that if something is not a body, it cannot exist? That is basically Epicurean philosophy. Christianity is not Epicureanism or any other Greek philosophy. If the scriptures which speak of God as having body parts were literal, then why hasn't anyone seen God's foot on this earth? Dake says that we can't see God due to His distance from us and not because He is intrinsically invisible.
I know nothing of Epicurean philosophy or any philosophy for that matter as I basically study God's word which is my resource and I have no reason to call God a liar when He makes certain statements about Himself.

Curious is your perception of God a mist of vapor or air floating around in all realms without any form, or particles of matter that transverse realms and transforms on demand when needed to speak or show someone a backside as God did Moses and other functions that He has performed on many occasions?

Since in your view/belief God doesn't have form, can you explain what your perception of God is? We know Jesus told the disciples if they had seen Him they had seen the Father, but that would seem a lie from your view of what God looks like.

Word up!

patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Post by patrissimo »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:06 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:36 am
luchnia wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:13 am
patrissimo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:58 pm
Nowhere in the Bible is heaven called a planet. The word planet means wandering star. Again, nowhere in the Bible is heaven called a wandering star.
What difference does it make if heaven is called a planet or if the earth is called a planet in the Bible? The Dake forum that you are posting on is not in mentioned in the Bible either, yet you are posting on it. Does it not exist because it is not mentioned in the Bible?

What is more important from God's word is that spirit, heaven, and earth among many other items have form or body and are not void or nothingness. God is not a God of confusion. Think of form or body like a God created objective purposeful and non-chaotic structure.
Do you realize that what you are saying is that if something is not a body, it cannot exist? That is basically Epicurean philosophy. Christianity is not Epicureanism or any other Greek philosophy. If the scriptures which speak of God as having body parts were literal, then why hasn't anyone seen God's foot on this earth? Dake says that we can't see God due to His distance from us and not because He is intrinsically invisible.
I know nothing of Epicurean philosophy or any philosophy for that matter as I basically study God's word which is my resource and I have no reason to call God a liar when He makes certain statements about Himself.

Curious is your perception of God a mist of vapor or air floating around in all realms without any form, or particles of matter that transverse realms and transforms on demand when needed to speak or show someone a backside as God did Moses and other functions that He has performed on many occasions?

Since in your view/belief God doesn't have form, can you explain what your perception of God is? We know Jesus told the disciples if they had seen Him they had seen the Father, but that would seem a lie from your view of what God looks like.
I believe you that you know nothing of Epicurean philosophy but you nevertheless have Epicurean tendencies in your thinking which is very common nowadays. Your response further proves my point. I never once said God is a mist or a vapour. That is YOUR Epicurean assumption. You seem to think that whatever exists, is a body and so if I deny that God is a body, you immediately think that it must mean that He is then a mist or a vapour, both of which are bodies. This is an Epicurean tendency just as is the idea of infinite worlds.

God doesn't look like anything. We can only say what He is not. Our positive language referring to Him is analogical, saying what He is LIKE. We now see through a glass darkly. We sometimes say things like "that dog is very intelligent." But we also say "that man is very intelligent." Does "very intelligent" mean the same thing in either case? Of course not. In the case of the dog it means the dog is able to quickly learn how to do tricks such as shaking hands or rolling over. Would these kinds of acts necessarily point to high intelligence in the case of a man? No. A child could shake hands, roll over and the like. Different entities exist at different levels in the scale of being. God is infinitely higher than all creation.

Lord have mercy

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

patrissimo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:24 pm
Luchnia wrote:I know nothing of Epicurean philosophy or any philosophy for that matter as I basically study God's word which is my resource and I have no reason to call God a liar when He makes certain statements about Himself.

patrissimo wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:24 pm
I believe you that you know nothing of Epicurean philosophy but you nevertheless have Epicurean tendencies in your thinking which is very common nowadays. Your response further proves my point. I never once said God is a mist or a vapour. That is YOUR Epicurean assumption. You seem to think that whatever exists, is a body and so if I deny that God is a body, you immediately think that it must mean that He is then a mist or a vapour, both of which are bodies. This is an Epicurean tendency just as is the idea of infinite worlds.

God doesn't look like anything. We can only say what He is not. Our positive language referring to Him is analogical, saying what He is LIKE. We now see through a glass darkly. We sometimes say things like "that dog is very intelligent." But we also say "that man is very intelligent." Does "very intelligent" mean the same thing in either case? Of course not. In the case of the dog it means the dog is able to quickly learn how to do tricks such as shaking hands or rolling over. Would these kinds of acts necessarily point to high intelligence in the case of a man? No. A child could shake hands, roll over and the like. Different entities exist at different levels in the scale of being. God is infinitely higher than all creation.
I think you misread my post and making an assumption. I have no clue other than your posts of what you believe God is. I never stated you believe God is a mist or a vapor.

It was a question to see what you believe God is and not an assumption. Re-read my post and notice the question mark at the end of the statement. I was hoping you might answer the question, but not a big deal either way as it was for discussion. If you believe God is without body, or doesn't look like anything, I respect your right to believe as you wish.

Word up!