Dake Bible Discussion BoardKnow one another in Heaven and Hell.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Know one another in Heaven and Hell.

Post by Ironman »

I know we will know one another in Heaven and even in Hell, but what I have been thinking about, since I have lost some friends and loved ones, should some loved ones or even friends end up in Hell, will God allow us to know this when we get to Heaven, or will God block these things from our minds? Just wondering.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Know one another in Heaven and Hell.

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm
I know we will know one another in Heaven and even in Hell, but what I have been thinking about, since I have lost some friends and loved ones, should some loved ones or even friends end up in Hell, will God allow us to know this when we get to Heaven, or will God block these things from our minds? Just wondering.
Just remember that God is good.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
Yes men will know each other in both Heaven and in Hell

Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Notice. In Hell the rich man knew both Abraham and Lazarus

AND, In paradise Abraham knew the man and that he was rich in his earth life and knew that he was now in torment.

So yes we will indeed know even as we are known.

Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

But notice too, we well also know "face to face' not through a glass darkley.

We will look on the torments of those we know but with the "understanding" of God.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thank you for your answer's.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
To add a twist to this conversation. How will we appear to one another in heaven?

For example, My mom was saved as a young child, so she will be in heaven
My Dad got saved at 80, so he will be in heaven
My wife and I are saved, so we will be in heaven.
Our children and grandchildren that knew their great grand parents are saved.

When we all get to heaven. How will my dad know his wife? As the 20 year old bride? The 40 something mom?
How will I know my Dad? As the 80 year old that just got saved, or as the young Navy Officer that mom married?
How will my grandkids know their great grandfather, the old man that would hobble along?
What happens when/if all the generations are together at a single moment?