Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat was producing Jesus' life?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

What was producing Jesus' life?

Post by bibleman »

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

If Jesus did NOT have blood in his body AFTER the resurrection... and the life is in the blood... (Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:) what was producing Jesus's life AFTER the resurrection?
flesh and bones—He says not “flesh and blood”; for the blood is the life of the animal and corruptible body (Ge 9:4), which “cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Co 15:50); but “flesh and bones,” implying the identity, but with diversity of laws, of the resurrection body. (See on Jn 20:24–28).

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset, and David Brown, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, vol. 2 (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 125.
Looking for Scripture!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: What was producing Jesus' life?

Post by Ironman »

How I see Jesus having blood in His glorified body after His resurrection. His entire body, including His blood is glorified.

Jesus was a sinless perfect physical human being. He shed every drop of His blood on the cross to save us. When He was raised by the Father, I see no reason what so ever for Him to be raised in a glorified flesh and bone body, without blood.

When he first appeared to His disciples they were TERRIFIED, because they thought they saw a spirit being.
Jesus told them not to be afraid and showed them that He was in fact risen,

He was still flesh and bone, carrying scars which He will carry forever to remind people throughout eternity what He went through for us! . . . Zec. 13:6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

He then asked them if they had anything to eat, so He must have been a little hungry, and they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And He ate it, so He still had His stomach, gastric juices and His intestines, so why not blood?
Jesus also has a Heart.

Matt. 11: 29, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. A Heart without blood is useless.

Luke 24:37-43, v 37, But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38, And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40, And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41, And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42, And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43, And he took it, and did eat before them.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:32 pm
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

If Jesus did NOT have blood in his body AFTER the resurrection... and the life is in the blood... (Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:) what was producing Jesus's life AFTER the resurrection?
flesh and bones—He says not “flesh and blood”; for the blood is the life of the animal and corruptible body (Ge 9:4), which “cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Co 15:50); but “flesh and bones,” implying the identity, but with diversity of laws, of the resurrection body. (See on Jn 20:24–28).

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset, and David Brown, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, vol. 2 (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 125.
Looking for Scripture!
Perhaps "new creature's" blood?
As it is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
His "old things", including blood, had passed away.
If anybody is "in Christ", Jesus must certainly be "in Christ".
He was the first "new creature".

On the other hand, this is written..."In him was life; and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4)
It didn't say "the blood was the light of men".
God in a man counts for more than blood does/can.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:24 pm
bibleman wrote:

Looking for Scripture!
As it is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)

On the other hand, this is written..."In him was life; and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4)
Thanks Hill Top for your response.

I am guessing from your response that you do NOT believe that people who are resurrected have blood in their bodies.

Right?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Jesus was both God and man while He was on the earth and He had blood in His veins and in His heart.

Romans 3: 25, Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith IN HIS BLOOD, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Blood does not cry . . . . boo . . . hoo, There is a meaning to the words thy brothers blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Genesis 4: 10, And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

The blood of Abel crying out means Cain not only killed one man, his own brother, Abel, he also killed of all of Abel's posterity for eternal generations.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:16 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:24 pm
bibleman wrote:

Looking for Scripture!

Thanks Hill Top for your response.
I am guessing from your response that you do NOT believe that people who are resurrected have blood in their bodies.
Right?
I had never given it a thought before now.
Resurrected humans will have a glorified body, so if there is any blood in it it will be glorified blood.
I figure that while Jesus still walked on earth, before His ascension, He still had blood in His veins.
After all, He ate and drank while He was here for 40 days.