Dake Bible Discussion BoardHebrews 1-4;

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Hebrews 1-4;

Post by macca »

This is from an expanded translation.

In many parts and in different ways God in former times
having spoken to the fathers by means of the prophets,
in the last of these days spoke to us in One who by
nature is ( His ) Son, whom He appointed heir of all things,
through whom also He constituted the ages;
who, being the out-raying ( effulgence ) of His glory and
the exact reproduction of His essence, and sustaining,
guiding, and propelling all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; having become by so much superior to the angels as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

Comments please.

macca

Re: Hebrews 1-4;

Post by macca »

Strange choice of a word for sure :shocked!:

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:05 am
This is from an expanded translation.

In many parts and in different ways God in former times having spoken to the fathers by means of the prophets,
in the last of these days spoke to us in One who by nature is ( His ) Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He constituted the ages;
who, being the out-raying ( effulgence ) of His glory and the exact reproduction of His essence, and sustaining, guiding, and propelling all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
having become by so much superior to the angels as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

Comments please.
Heb 1:1-4..."God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. (KJV)

What version of the bible are you citing?
What ever it is, I don't care for it.

macca

Post by macca »

The New Testament an expanded translation.
By Kenneth S Wuest.
He was a teacher Emeritus of NT Greek at the Moody
Bible Institute.
I purchased it in 1984.

It is a good example of what happens when someone puts their own understanding and beliefs into the text of the bible.
I trust the KJV version of the bible above all others even though it's considered archaic English.
The Dake bible is the prince of all bibles that has been printed.
The Holy Spirit put His approval on the text of the KJV when Jesus baptized Finis J Dake in the Holy Spirit and gifted Dake with the ability to quote the entire text of the KJV at will.
Other versions of the bible help in our study of the word of God, like the amplified version.
When we have a good grasp of the KJV thanks to the anointing of the Holy Spirit, we can easily spot the fakes.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:29 am
By Kenneth S Wuest.
Bible Institute.
I purchased it in 1984.

It is a good example of what happens when someone puts their own understanding and beliefs into the text of the bible.
I trust the KJV version of the bible above all others even though it's considered archaic English.
The Holy Spirit put His approval on the text of the KJV when Jesus baptized Finis J Dake in the Holy Spirit and gifted Dake with the ability to quote the entire text of the KJV at will.
Other versions of the bible help in our study of the word of God, like the amplified version.
When we have a good grasp of the KJV thanks to the anointing of the Holy Spirit, we can easily spot the fakes.
It gives us a good idea of how far from God the Moody Bible Inst. is.
I prefer KJV bibles... without man's notes.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

macca wrote:
By Kenneth S Wuest.
Bible Institute.
I purchased it in 1984.

I appreciate you acknowledging the "archaic" language of the KJV. The struggle then is to understand the language in the understanding of the late 1500s and early 1600s. One must recognize the meaning and use of words have changed over the past 5-6 hundred years.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm
macca wrote:
By Kenneth S Wuest.
Bible Institute.
I purchased it in 1984.

It gives us a good idea of how far from God the Moody Bible Inst. is.
I prefer KJV bibles... without man's notes.
That may be true, but you put your "notes" on what each passage means. Why should we trust your notes above those of someone else?

macca

Post by macca »

The Wuest bible is a Baptist/Evangelical bible, for the osas and sinning Christians.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

macca wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:15 am
The Wuest bible is a Baptist/Evangelical bible, for the osas and sinning Christians.
And what evidence do you have that supports your opinion? Most OSAS believers I know use the KJV

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:15 am
Sinning-Christians is an oxymoron.
We can be only one or the other.