Dake Bible Discussion BoardA righteous man.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

A righteous man.

Post by macca »

James. 5:16;
The effective, fervent prayer of a RIGHTEOUS MAN avails much.

Where are the righteous men and women on this board?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: A righteous man.

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:59 am

What facets of "righteous" do you require to accommodate your wonder?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Psalm 1: 1- 6, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,1 nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2, But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3, And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither;2 and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4, ¶ The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5, Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6, For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

And Psalm 5:1-12, 1, To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2, Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3, My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4, For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5, The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6, Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7, ¶ But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8, Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
9, For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;6 their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
10, Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
11, But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12, For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass1 him as with a shield.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 pm
Psalm 1: 1- 6, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,1 nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2, But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3, And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither;2 and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4, ¶ The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5, Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6, For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

And Psalm 5:1-12, 1, To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2, Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3, My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4, For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5, The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6, Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7, ¶ But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8, Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
9, For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;6 their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
10, Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
11, But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12, For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass1 him as with a shield.
That was perfect.

macca

Post by macca »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm
macca wrote:

There are no facets, variables to righteousness because it is a gift of God.
Rom.5:17; For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
No one in Christ has more righteousness than any other in Christ.
We cannot grow in righteousness because it is a gift.

2 Cor. 5:17-21;
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

For He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:13 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm
macca wrote:

There are no facets, variables to righteousness because it is a gift of God.
Rom.5:17; For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
No one in Christ has more righteousness than any other in Christ.
We cannot grow in righteousness because it is a gift.

2 Cor. 5:17-21;
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

For He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ.
OK then.
The righteous are in Christ.
The unrighteous are not in Christ.
Not one single sinner is in Christ.

macca

Post by macca »

Righteousness and righteous means, right standing with God.
It is not some special attainment for some Holy person to achieve.
Every single child of God is as righteous as the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:07 am
Righteousness and righteous means, right standing with God.
It is not some special attainment for some Holy person to achieve.
Every single child of God is as righteous as the Lord Jesus Christ.
I agree, and will add that both came from the same seed.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

And he (Abraham) believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.