Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhen IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on

Post by bibleman »

This reading reminded me of some of our discussions here....
The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."
The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.
As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"
The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."
The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."
The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"
The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.
When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:06 pm
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.
As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."
The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.
I saw this on Facebook today

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Very good analogy, I like it very much.
When I was a few years old in the Lord I wished I had the knowledge to argue, debate the truth of the word of God with those who were so obviously in error, lol
Now I have discovered that as I have grown in the Lord and the knowledge of the truth that I have found silence and walking in love is far better for all concerned. +SmileHeart

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Rarely is a discussion on scripture as simple as the default color of grass.

Word up!

Bible Reader
Zechariah

Post by Bible Reader »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 am
Ah but it is! The word of God is black and white. The problem occurs when people try to make it a shade of gray. The serious problem occurs when they try to add their own colors. Scripture is complete only when it is taken in completeness, problems arise when we try to stand on this verse and that verse disregarding the rest of scripture. Not valid discussion of scripture can occur when focused only on one verse, or a narrow interpretation.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:28 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 am
Ah but it is! The word of God is black and white. The problem occurs when people try to make it a shade of gray. The serious problem occurs when they try to add their own colors. Scripture is complete only when it is taken in completeness, problems arise when we try to stand on this verse and that verse disregarding the rest of scripture. No valid discussion of scripture can occur when focused only on one verse, or a narrow interpretation.
:angel: