Dake Bible Discussion BoardUndeniable proof that Paul's writings were the Word of God!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Undeniable proof that Paul's writings were the Word of God!

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:10 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:00 pm
Who cares what the article says? I posted that for you benefit, since you need external sources to believe the Bible.

ME? I simply believe what Paul wrote.

Here it is with NO interpretation at all.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Oh... you posted it for me, but you wrote...
bibleman wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:09 pm
So I thought I would post it here, underlining the pertinent parts (in other words those parts that help me the most).
For the record, I too believe what Paul wrote, how that was not the question that launched this discussion, but it is the statement you keep circling back to as your defense.

As to your "no interpretation at all" there is no such thing at NO interpretation at all.

1 Thes 2:13 - Jewish people often understood a rabbi's word as being the truth from God, but did not equate it on par with scripture but as close to equal to it as possible. So, what is Paul's word commending them for receiving it as rabbinical teaching, or as Holy Scripture? Both of those possibilities exist as "interpretations" of the text UNLESS one is blinding reading them with a personal bias. (Which you can continue to do as you have demonstrated.)

Gal 1:12 - I would ask you to define "the gospel preached" to which that passage is referring. If it is the same as what Jesus preached, then I would say Paul is simply "passing on" the message. However, if you include the expansive teaching and explaining of the gospel as "the gospel", but again you would have to INTERPRET what is meant by "gospel preached" and you say you don't do that. So, we can agree that where Paul said the exact same thing Jesus did, he preached the gospel. I have no problem with that, just as when you or I write the exact same thing we find within the pages of the Bible we understand we are writing scripture. However, when Paul wrote... Romans 16 - did he believe that would be scripture as well?

BTW - thank you for continuing to prove my point for me with your attempts to dispute the point.
The WORD of God itself settles the question for me... It should for you as well.

As Dake would say: here it is, you can: "believe it or not."

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:39 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Who cares what the article says? I posted that for you benefit, since you need external sources to believe the Bible.

bibleman wrote:
So I thought I would post it here, underlining the pertinent parts (in other words those parts that help me the most).
For the record, I too believe what Paul wrote, how that was not the question that launched this discussion, but it is the statement you keep circling back to as your defense.

As to your "no interpretation at all" there is no such thing at NO interpretation at all.

1 Thes 2:13 - Jewish people often understood a rabbi's word as being the truth from God, but did not equate it on par with scripture but as close to equal to it as possible. So, what is Paul's word commending them for receiving it as rabbinical teaching, or as Holy Scripture? Both of those possibilities exist as "interpretations" of the text UNLESS one is blinding reading them with a personal bias. (Which you can continue to do as you have demonstrated.)

Gal 1:12 - I would ask you to define "the gospel preached" to which that passage is referring. If it is the same as what Jesus preached, then I would say Paul is simply "passing on" the message. However, if you include the expansive teaching and explaining of the gospel as "the gospel", but again you would have to INTERPRET what is meant by "gospel preached" and you say you don't do that. So, we can agree that where Paul said the exact same thing Jesus did, he preached the gospel. I have no problem with that, just as when you or I write the exact same thing we find within the pages of the Bible we understand we are writing scripture. However, when Paul wrote... Romans 16 - did he believe that would be scripture as well?

BTW - thank you for continuing to prove my point for me with your attempts to dispute the point.
The WORD of God itself settles the question for me... It should for you as well.

I too agree with Gods Word. I just don’t agree it says what you are trying to say it says.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:01 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:39 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

bibleman wrote:

I too agree with Gods Word. I just don’t agree it says what you are trying to say it says.
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

That is what I believe... wish you did too!

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:32 am
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

Yes that is what it says. I’m not questioning that. But it doesn’t say that Paul recognized he was writing scripture as he penned these letters. Show that it plain text and simple reading! You haven’t. You have interpreted theses passages to mean that, but they don’t say that in plan unbiased reading.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:21 am
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

Yes that is what it says. I’m not questioning that. But it doesn’t say that Paul recognized he was writing scripture as he penned these letters. Show that it plain text and simple reading! You haven’t. You have interpreted theses passages to mean that, but they don’t say that in plan unbiased reading.
Show me the interpretation?

God bless
Leon Bible

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:04 am
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

+thumbsUp

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

Where do these passage say “ my letters are the same as the Holy Scripture”? You are interpreting them to convey that message. But where does it plainly say that? It doesn’t.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:55 pm
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

Where do these passage say “ my letters are the same as the Holy Scripture”? You are interpreting them to convey that message. But where does it plainly say that? It doesn’t.
READ it and you will see.

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:13 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

I have read it, and re-read it, several times. No where does it say, all of what I am writing Holy Scripture. Sure, parts of what he wrote are from God, just like parts of what you preach on Sunday are from God. But I hope you do not equate your Sunday messages to being the same as scripture.

So, again, where does he say ALL of what he wrote he understood to be equal to Holy Scripture AT THE TIME HE WAS WRITING IT.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:31 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:13 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Here is what it says:

I agree with it.

I have read it, and re-read it, several times. No where does it say, all of what I am writing Holy Scripture. Sure, parts of what he wrote are from God, just like parts of what you preach on Sunday are from God. But I hope you do not equate your Sunday messages to being the same as scripture.

So, again, where does he say ALL of what he wrote he understood to be equal to Holy Scripture AT THE TIME HE WAS WRITING IT.
Well if he wrote a letter to the Roman government asking for an exception, for his chariot tag license for being tax exempt...
I don't guess that was Scripture.

But I don't think Paul was talking about his tax exemption when he wrote the following:

God bless
Leon Bible