Dake Bible Discussion BoardUndeniable proof that Paul's writings were the Word of God!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Undeniable proof that Paul's writings were the Word of God!

Post by bibleman »

Some have doubted that the writings of Paul were the Word of God at the time he wrote them. "I believe Paul spoke from an authoritative position. I believe he received his message from God. But at the time he was writing them, I do not believe he thought they were equal to what he knew as the Holy Scripture at that time."

In my devotions today I read the verse which makes it pretty clear to me that the Apostle Paul's writings were in fact the Word of God at the time he wrote them.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: Undeniable proof that Paul's writings were the Word of God!

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:39 pm
Some have doubted that the writings of Paul were the Word of God at the time he wrote them. "I believe Paul spoke from an authoritative position. I believe he received his message from God. But at the time he was writing them, I do not believe he thought they were equal to what he knew as the Holy Scripture at that time."

In my devotions today I read the verse which makes it pretty clear to me that the Apostle Paul's writings were in fact the Word of God at the time he wrote them.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Sadly, Paul was writing about what he has spoken to them. Notice he said WHEN YE RECEIVED, this is past tense. Perhaps this was the gospel message he preached. The message that Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Besides if it was truly “undeniable” then conservative scholars would not be undecided on this matter.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:59 pm
bibleman wrote:

Sadly, Paul was writing about what he has spoken to them. Notice he said WHEN YE RECEIVED, this is past tense. Perhaps this was the gospel message he preached. The message that Jesus Christ came to save sinners.

Besides if it was truly “undeniable” then conservative scholars would not be undecided on this matter.
What conservative scholars think that Paul's writings are not the Word of God?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:

That is a good proof.
Rom 14:14 is another proof of the Lord Jesus communicating His will to Paul..."I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus,
that there is nothing unclean of itself:..."
1 Cor 7:10 is another..."And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:"

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:16 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

That's not the question you asked. You stated "Some have doubted that the writings of Paul were the Word of God at the time he wrote them" when he wrote them, not currently. Two different things.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:18 am
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

That's not the question you asked. You stated "Some have doubted that the writings of Paul were the Word of God at the time he wrote them" when he wrote them, not currently. Two different things.
OK, let's try it again.

What conservative scholars think that Paul's writings were not the Word of God... WHEN he wrote them?

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:40 am
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

OK, let's try it again.

What conservative scholars think that Paul's writings were not the Word of God... WHEN he wrote them?
I’m sorry but you made the assertion that there is “undeniable proof”, not me. Thus, it is your responsibility to prove that assertion, it is not my responsibility to debunk it. So, why don’t you provided some proof other than your opinion about a veiled meaning in scripture.

But, I’ll be nice and give you a starting point. A quick search of Google Scholar on “Did Paul believe what he was writing was equal to Holy Scripture” will reveal a number of articles. Some are of the opinion that he was, others that is did not. Almost all will indicate he realized he was writing with authority, but the debate is did that authority rise to level of what Paul understood as Scripture questioned. What is not debated is that presently these writing are equated with Scripture, but again we are not talking at the present. Instead we are discussing at the moment Paul wrote them.

What I cannot find in the several articles I read, is anyone making a claim that it is undeniable, positively certain, without a doubt convincing, that Paul thought his letters were the equal of scripture. But you made that claim, so now support it.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:16 pm
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

OK, let's try it again.

I’m sorry but you made the assertion that there is “undeniable proof”, not me. Thus, it is your responsibility to prove that assertion, it is not my responsibility to debunk it. So, why don’t you provided some proof other than your opinion about a veiled meaning in scripture.

But, I’ll be nice and give you a starting point. A quick search of Google Scholar on “Did Paul believe what he was writing was equal to Holy Scripture” will reveal a number of articles. Some are of the opinion that he was, others that is did not. Almost all will indicate he realized he was writing with authority, but the debate is did that authority rise to level of what Paul understood as Scripture questioned. What is not debated is that presently these writing are equated with Scripture, but again we are not talking at the present. Instead we are discussing at the moment Paul wrote them.

What I cannot find in the several articles I read, is anyone making a claim that it is undeniable, positively certain, without a doubt convincing, that Paul thought his letters were the equal of scripture. But you made that claim, so now support it.
OK - So you don't have any scholars that think that Paul's writings were not the Word of God, when he wrote them.

I didn't think you did, thanks for confirming it.

Here is what Paul said about his writings:

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

OK, let's try it again.

OK - So you don't have any scholars that think that Paul's writings were not the Word of God, when he wrote them.

And see you don’t have any that says he does, you only have your opinion.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:19 pm
bibleman wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

OK, let's try it again.

And see you don’t have any that says he does, you only have your opinion.
NOT my opinion but Paul's own testimony.

Paul himself declared HIS writings were the Word of God!

God bless
Leon Bible