Dake Bible Discussion BoardDake and Divine Attributes

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: Dake and Divine Attributes

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:06 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:57 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:48 pm
Genesis 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

But that being said where in Genesis 18:21 do you find the liberal modern day understanding of the omniscience and omnipresence of God?
Most liberal modern day understand this as God being nothing more than a very smart man, who needs help to accomplish anything. Basically impotent as a “god”
God did not know man would become so evil. God was sorry he had made man.

Genesis 6: 6, and it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
If that is your understanding of that passage, then you serve a God that is not all knowing. You serve a God that is capable of repenting from anything thing at any time for any reason. As I have said before, I do not agree with Dake’s methodology of interpretation, so I get a different meaning when reading that passage and placing it in context of the revealed revelation of the Lord.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:13 pm
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Genesis 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

But that being said where in Genesis 18:21 do you find the liberal modern day understanding of the omniscience and omnipresence of God?
Most liberal modern day understand this as God being nothing more than a very smart man, who needs help to accomplish anything. Basically impotent as a “god”

Genesis 6: 6, and it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
If that is your understanding of that passage, then you serve a God that is not all knowing. You serve a God that is capable of repenting from anything thing at any time for any reason. As I have said before, I do not agree with Dake’s methodology of interpretation, so I get a different meaning when reading that passage and placing it in context of the revealed revelation of the Lord.
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
Hmmmm, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm disappoint that you have chosen a God who is less than all.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:16 am
It is easy to disagree, but what is impossible is to go to the Scriptures, read them, believe them.... and still disagree!

Here is one example that cannot be reconciled with the theological opinions that men give concerning the omniscience and omnipresence of God.

And then there is this:

Psa 33:13-15 The LORD looks down from heaven; he sees all the children of man: from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds.

If the Lord looks down and sees ALL the children of man and ALL the inhabitants of the earth, and from heaven observes all their deeds. THEN as Ricky Ricardo would say "you got some splanning to do" Because one doesn't align with the other.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:33 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:16 am
It is easy to disagree, but what is impossible is to go to the Scriptures, read them, believe them.... and still disagree!

Here is one example that cannot be reconciled with the theological opinions that men give concerning the omniscience and omnipresence of God.

And then there is this:

Psa 33:13-15 The LORD looks down from heaven; he sees all the children of man: from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds.

If the Lord looks down and sees ALL the children of man and ALL the inhabitants of the earth, and from heaven observes all their deeds. THEN as Ricky Ricardo would say "you got some splanning to do" Because one doesn't align with the other.
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:12 pm
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
Hmmmm, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm disappoint that you have chosen a God who is less than all.
God said in His Word; "Genesis 6: 6, it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Here's something God cannot do, God cannot lie! Titus 1: 2, In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Do you think, or believe that God lied when He said; " it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." ?

Sometimes when your personal opinion varies greatly from experts like Reverend Dake, it probably is because you are a true visionary and maybe even a genius. :-)

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:55 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:12 pm
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
God said in His Word; "Genesis 6: 6, it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Here's something God cannot do, God cannot lie! Titus 1: 2, In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Do you think, or believe that God lied when He said; " it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." ?

Sometimes when your personal opinion varies greatly from experts like Reverend Dake, it probably is because you are a true visionary and maybe even a genius. :-)
Numbers 23:19
19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

1Sa 15:29 And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he is not a man, that he should have regret.”

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

patrissimo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:58 pm
What does it mean to not interpret the scripture?
One interpret when he chooses what definitions to give to words rather than take the clear and plain meaning that he would if it were any other document. To put your own spin on the subject. To perform eisegesis.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

patrissimo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 pm
On p. 623 of the DARB, under the heading "22 attributes of God," Dake says God is "Infinite in presence...in knowledge."

If God is omnibody, not omnipresent as Dake teaches, then how can Dake say God is Infinite in presence?

If God finds things out, how is HE Infinite in knowledge?

Patrissimo
How about checking that again... Dake does not teach God to be omnibody as you have stated. You must have read that wrong.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Post by patrissimo »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:44 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 pm
On p. 623 of the DARB, under the heading "22 attributes of God," Dake says God is "Infinite in presence...in knowledge."

If God is omnibody, not omnipresent as Dake teaches, then how can Dake say God is Infinite in presence?

If God finds things out, how is HE Infinite in knowledge?

Patrissimo
How about checking that again... Dake does not teach God to be omnibody as you have stated. You must have read that wrong.

Oops! I wrote that wrong. I realize Dake does not teach omnibody.

Lord have mercy