Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho could possibly doubt the existence of a Pre-Adamite World.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Who could possibly doubt the existence of a Pre-Adamite World.

Post by Ironman »

Ha ha ha.. How can something that has not been created, be without form??

See my new house. I have not built it yet. O'h look, it has no roof, walls, or windows.
Last edited by Ironman on Thu May 13, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:07 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 pm
bibleman wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:08 pm

You got your floods mixed up!

Would you call it a flood if the whole world was covered in water?
Yes, as that is what it is called in God's word.
From that flood, came the world we know sprang from Noah, his sons, and all the animals saved on the ark.
So according to you Genesis 1:2 is a Flood.
Gen 1:2 was the state of the universe before its creation.
The following verses describe that creation.
Gen 1: 2, And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This Scripture is describing the EARTH, not the universe before its creation! FYI, GOD never creates anything without form. His creations are perfect until sin enters into the equation.
If the earth was yet without form, it is because it had not yet been created by God.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

See my new house. I have not built it yet. O'h look, it has no roof, walls, or windows. How can that be? I have not built it yet?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 pm

See my new house. I have not built it yet. O'h look, it has no roof, walls, or windows.
If it hasn't been built yet, it has no roof, walls, or windows.
Why doesn't that make sense to you?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 pm
Ironman wrote:

Its doesn't. As what you wrote doesn't make any sense at all. You wrote:
"If the earth was yet without form, it is because it had not yet been created by God."
Here we have the Earth which has not yet been created, without form. How do you or anyone else know the Earth was without form before it was even created?? Scripture clearly states "THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM.

1, ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. SO THE EARTH WAS A CREATED THING.
2, And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. GOD NEVER CREATES ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PERFECT. EVEN SATAN WAS CREATED PERFECT.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

From that flood, came the world we know sprang from Noah, his sons, and all the animals saved on the ark.
Now you are not being consistent... YOU have to change your view to fit your view.

When I asked: "Would you call it a flood if the whole world was covered in water?"

YOU answered: "Yes, as that is what it is called in God's word."

But then you back away from your statement that a flood is called a flood.

Your theology is nothing but a joke!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:

Ah, but your house was first a plan. When you saw that plan you, most likely, called that drawing "my house" even though it was simply a design on paper.

When all the building material arrived you would have said something like "This is the stuff of my house" or "this is going to be my house". Had someone stolen or damaged that material you would have claimed they damaged your house, even though it was not complete.

The issue here is a matter of process. You may only see "your house" upon full completion. Other may call it "your house" upon the completion of the design, even before any material is put together.

So, when God says he is going to build "your house" - Does he call it "your house" at the moment of design, or completion?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:00 pm
Ironman wrote:

Ah, but your house was first a plan. When you saw that plan you, most likely, called that drawing "my house" even though it was simply a design on paper.

When all the building material arrived you would have said something like "This is the stuff of my house" or "this is going to be my house". Had someone stolen or damaged that material you would have claimed they damaged your house, even though it was not complete.

The issue here is a matter of process. You may only see "your house" upon full completion. Other may call it "your house" upon the completion of the design, even before any material is put together.

So, when God says he is going to build "your house" - Does he call it "your house" at the moment of design, or completion?
You know I read your response but it seems you skipped over the question and went to the example.... I am sure by mistake.

Would love to hear your respond to his question? "How can something that has not been created, be without form??

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:16 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 pm
Ironman wrote:

Its doesn't. As what you wrote doesn't make any sense at all. You wrote:
Ironman wrote:
"If the earth was yet without form, it is because it had not yet been created by God."
Here we have the Earth which has not yet been created, without form. How do you or anyone else know the Earth was without form before it was even created?? Scripture clearly states "THE EARTH WAS WITHOUT FORM.
That is a lot like saying "The 2025 cars are not yet built."
Ironman wrote:
1, ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. SO THE EARTH WAS A CREATED THING.
It will be, when He is done with it on the third day.
Ironman wrote:
2, And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. GOD NEVER CREATES ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PERFECT. EVEN SATAN WAS CREATED PERFECT.
Gen. one:one..."God created the heaven and the earth."
Gen. one:two through thirty-one..."Here is how He did it."
Perhaps this paraphrase of Gen 1 will help you understand.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:50 am
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Now you are not being consistent... YOU have to change your view to fit your view.
When I asked: "Would you call it a flood if the whole world was covered in water?"
YOU answered: "Yes, as that is what it is called in God's word."
But then you back away from your statement that a flood is called a flood.
Your theology is nothing but a joke!
Ooops.
I meant Gen 1:1 was the state of the universe before it was created. Not Gen 1:2.
Sorry.
I guess I was just responding to your own typo.
Gen 1:2-31 describe its creation...to the glory of God.

How can something exist before its creation?