Dake Bible Discussion BoardIsn't saying "God Da**" a sin & breaking a commandment?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Chris89
Leviticus

Isn't saying "God Da**" a sin & breaking a commandment?

Post by Chris89 »

Thou shalt not use the lords name in vain

People say it all the time in "The four seasons living center". In Sedalia, Missouri.

I absolutely hate hearing it being said.

My Dad even says it all the time.

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Isn't saying "God Da**" a sin & breaking a commandment?

Post by bibleman »

Chris89 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:13 am

People say it all the time in "The four seasons living center". In Sedalia, Missouri.

Makes my skin tingle every time I hear someone say it... which is often where I live in small town USA Laurens, SC.

I love what brother Copeland said many years ago... "God isn't in the damning business!"

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Chris89
Leviticus

Post by Chris89 »

Thank you so much for the replies. That's what I thought, just needed some clarification from you Jesus Christ enthusiasts.

Thanks again

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Chris89 wrote:

For those under the Law of Moses, it is a sin. But for those under grace, well, they don't talk that way !
Next time you hear someone say it, just say "Oh, you believe in God, like me !"
Of course they will get a stunned look on their face, but just add..."When I heard you beseeching the Lord's help, I knew you were a believer."

Chris89
Leviticus

Post by Chris89 »

I'll try & get a recording of the kid who uses the Lords name in vain the most. He says it over & over & over again like it means nothing.

One big black guy listens to rap where they say it all the time & he said it over & over again in front of me. So I said something to him & he proceeded to Destroy my HDTV & XBOX ONE. So I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself regarding the matter from now on.

By the way I yelled at my parents about Jesus Christ, I'm now 33 years old. So they called the cops on me & had me admitted to a psychiatric facility (MUPC) MIZZOU Psychiatric in Columbia, Missouri. Where I stayed for a month, then they set a restraining order on me so I was homeless & none of my friends of family would take me in (my Biological mother later said she would have took me in but that was after all this happened). I got connected with my Biological mother again after 30 years with my Adopted parents. Anyway back to the story of MUPC, I stayed there for a month then I went to this place called "Pathways" in Jefferson City, Missouri where I stayed for nearly 9 months & I didn't participate in all the groups they had, so they gave me a Guardian who admitted me to this place called "The Four Seasons Living Center" in Sedalia, Missouri. Where I have been since September 18th 2018. All because of Jesus Christ is why I'm locked up with a Guardian & my Guardian is my conservator, she gives me $5 a week spending money & thats all. So as far as I know, I'm stuck here for the rest of my life all because I love Jesus Christ so much.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Cya

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

Chris89 wrote:
Maybe, maybe not since "God" is the supreme being's title and not His name.