Dake Bible Discussion BoardTwo questions about Lucifer his creation and his fall

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Two questions about Lucifer his creation and his fall

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:09 am
bibleman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.3 And God said, “Let there be....

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

A simple statement of fact, but there is nothing here to suggest the process with which God created the heavens and the earth.

The earth was without form and void.

A simple factual statement of the condition of the earth, but nothing to suggest how it arrived here.
1) Was the "without form and void" a resulting leftover of a previous world?
2) Was the "without form and void" the necessary result of God's creating desire?

From this point forward we see the process that God undertook to make the world. Some hold that he created, others hold that he made from the materials that were present. What is difficult to debate is that life came because of His word.
You said: "From this point forward we see the process that God undertook to make the world. Some hold that he created, others hold that he made from the materials that were present. What is difficult to debate is that life came because of His word."

Just what did he CREATE "from this point forward" ???
I’m not clear on what you are asking. Perhaps you could explain the difference between “create” and “made” to help me better understand.
Just check it out in the Hebrew for chapter 1.

How many times is "bara" used and how many times is "asa" used?

That will tell you what was created verses what was made.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:41 am
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.3 And God said, “Let there be....

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

A simple statement of fact, but there is nothing here to suggest the process with which God created the heavens and the earth.

The earth was without form and void.

A simple factual statement of the condition of the earth, but nothing to suggest how it arrived here.
1) Was the "without form and void" a resulting leftover of a previous world?
2) Was the "without form and void" the necessary result of God's creating desire?

From this point forward we see the process that God undertook to make the world. Some hold that he created, others hold that he made from the materials that were present. What is difficult to debate is that life came because of His word.
You said: "From this point forward we see the process that God undertook to make the world. Some hold that he created, others hold that he made from the materials that were present. What is difficult to debate is that life came because of His word."

Grandfather wrote:
I’m not clear on what you are asking. Perhaps you could explain the difference between “create” and “made” to help me better understand.

Bibleman, you responded to a post of mine with
bibleman wrote:

To which I replied
Grandfather wrote:
And you followed with:
bibleman wrote:

So God created the the birds of the sky, but made the animals on the land. Interesting use of Hebrew. Is that what you believe the difference between the meanings of create and made are?

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 pm
[
Bibleman, you responded to a post of mine with
bibleman wrote:

To which I replied
Grandfather wrote:
And you followed with:
bibleman wrote:

So God created the the birds of the sky, but made the animals on the land. Interesting use of Hebrew. Is that what you believe the difference between the meanings of create and made are?

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

For the sake of peace among brethren, I will not pursue this line of discussion any further. I hold that reasonable minds can disagree on this topic. I do not believe it is an issue on which the salvation of the soul rests. It is an interesting topic, that I believe God did not give us all the information necessary to form a definitive conclusion. If it were not so, then the topic would have been answered with definite proof ages ago, since this is a topic that has been debated for almost as long as the Hebrew scriptures were recorded.

You are free to disagree, you are free to formulate your own opinion. You are free to claim the Word of God to support your position and refute others, just as those on the other side make the same claim for their position.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 pm
If you will notice God uses the same word for man in verse 26 as he does for beast in verse 25.

What do you think about that?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note