Dake Bible Discussion BoardREGENERATION

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

REGENERATION

Post by branham1965 »

" Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation."

Do you agree with this statement??

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: REGENERATION

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:06 pm
" Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation."

Absolutely.

Why do you ask?

"There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God."
(Romans 3:10-11 NKJV)
Are You a Good Person? Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

Grandfather
Do Any of You Want to Live a Long and Good Life? Then, Watch Your Tongue!

Post by Grandfather »

branham1965 wrote:

Under the tradititonal understanding of this statement, I wholeheartedly agree.

I too am interested as to why you are asking the question.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Because there are some people who do not know that it takes this REGENERATION to save a person.
Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential to personal salvation.
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Thanks Billy, :angel: :angel: :angel:

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:

I found this verse from Titus 3:5..."Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"
So I can't agree with you.
The regeneration is done by the "washing", and renewal is done by the Holy Spirit.

It is, however, essential for salvation.

Do you have some verses that verify your POV?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Image Image Image Image Image

"There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God."
(Romans 3:10-11 NKJV)
Are You a Good Person? Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

" In regeneration we become partakers of the divine nature,enabling us to escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 2 Peter 1:4 " Bible Doctrines

I have been in a church denomination that did not teach and emphasize the Holy Ghost.They affirm and teach that He = God the Holy Spirit quit operating on earth after the last apostle died.He managed to write the New Testament but there was no direct operation of the Holy Ghost today.

They 1.steal sheep and

2.they teach aberrant doctrine.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

macca
Give and Men Shall Given Unto You; Good Measure, Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Running Over

Post by macca »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:

I found this verse from Titus 3:5..."Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"
So I can't agree with you.
The regeneration is done by the "washing", and renewal is done by the Holy Spirit.

It is, however, essential for salvation.

Do you have some verses that verify your POV?

All praise to the water God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

How to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit and the Word:

1.Recognize that you are a sinner -lost,without God and without hope Romans 3:23.
2.Admit Jesus Christ died on the Cross to save you from sin by His precious blood.
3.Come to God ,turning away from all sin and confessing Jesus as your Lord -and you shall be born again.The Holy Spirit will then make you a new creature-a new creation-cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and the blood of Christ which was shed to atone for your sin.
4.Believe from your heart and confess with your mouth that God does forgive you of your sins and that you are born again.
Romans 10:9-10,John1:12-13,John 6:37;John 3:14-21,3:36,5:24,Acts 3:19 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

The water of the New Birth is the Word of God.
Ephesians 5:26,John6:63,John15:3,John17:17,1Peter 1:23,James 1:18.
One must believe what the Word of God says about man-that man is a sinner and that Christ died to save him from all sin.Then if man will confess his sins to God and turn from sin with a whole heart and believe the Gospel,he is conforming to the Word of God.
The Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ.That moment ,he is born again!!
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.