Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod's glory

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

God's glory

Post by macca »

I was just praising Father God and thinking of His glory.
He is light and in Him there is no darkness.
His glory lights all heaven and there is no darkness there at all.... there are no shadows cast by His glory not even a hint of dimming.

Prove me wrong.

KenB
Leviticus

Re: God's glory

Post by KenB »

Thank you for this there is nothing better than praising Almighty God first thing in the morning.

Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty?
They are higher than the heavens what can you do? they are deeper than Sheol what can you Know?
There measure is longer than the earth and wider the the sea.

Can not prove you wrong but can agree with you!

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Nope, won't do it.

Hill Top
The Spirit-Baptism is Promised unto You, Your Children, to All that are Afar Off, and to as Many as Our Lord Shall Call

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 am
His glory lights all heaven and there is no darkness there at all.... there are no shadows cast by His glory not even a hint of dimming.

Prove me wrong.
Can't prove that wrong.
I was thinking about the "no sun or moon" in heaven, and as one who loves watching stars and planets as they transverse God's sky was wondering if God might have some other thing in His "second act" that will top it. ???

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 am

Prove me wrong.
Impossible macca!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca

Post by macca »

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the father
of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

macca

Post by macca »

1 Tim. 6:14-16; Speaking of Christ's glory.

That you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing.
Which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
who alone has immorality, dwelling in unapproachable Light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Dake said that in Bible College his professors kept spiritualizing the statements about God.
God says He has hands,feet,hair,a mouth,a shadow,sits on a throne,lives on a planet called Heaven and many many other things.Rev.Dake decided to accept what the Bible said instead of clinging to man made theology.
I am grateful that he did.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Reverend Dake said that in Bible College his professors kept spiritualizing the statements about God.
God says He has hands,feet,hair,a mouth,a shadow,sits on a throne,lives on a planet called Heaven and many many other things.Rev.Dake decided to accept what the Bible said instead of clinging to man made theology.
So am I Billy. Thanks mate.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Haz.

I remember a Catholic nun saying to our class that the War in the Heavens was not literal.That it was some mystical spooky type of thing beyond explanation.I was in 6th grade and a altar boy and i argued with her about it.

Ironman wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:15 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:50 pm
So am I Billy. Thanks mate.