Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod's glory

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: God's glory

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:44 am
Thank you Haz.

I remember a Catholic nun saying to our class that the War in the Heavens was not literal.That it was some mystical spooky type of thing beyond explanation.I was in 6th grade and a altar boy and i argued with her about it.

Ironman wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:15 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Reverend Dake said that in Bible College his professors kept spiritualizing the statements about God.
God says He has hands,feet,hair,a mouth,a shadow,sits on a throne,lives on a planet called Heaven and many many other things.Rev.Dake decided to accept what the Bible said instead of clinging to man made theology.
I am grateful that he did.
So am I Billy. Thanks mate.
They had some strange ideas. We were taught that Mary was Co-Redemptrix, We weren't allowed to disagree with anything they taught us or we got a flogging. I learnt the hard way after a few!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Hey Haz.
I remember a nun blasting me in 5th grade.I saw stars and stripes,the Union Jack and the six stars. :lol!: :mrgreen:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Hey Haz.
I remember a nun blasting me in 5th grade.I saw stars and stripes,the Union Jack and the six stars. :lol!: :mrgreen:
Some were viscious, let their frustrations out on us kids. We had one, FAT SISTER MARY BARBRA, loved the wield the cane for the slightest reason. :crazyeyes:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:lol! They were interesting.
Ironman wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:58 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Hey Haz.
Some were viscious, let their frustrations out on us kids. We had one, FAT SISTER MARY BARBRA, loved the wield the cane for the slightest reason. :crazyeyes: