Dake Bible Discussion BoardAnswered Prayer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Answered Prayer

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:37 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:36 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:27 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm
Not all of my prayers have been answered yet...
Why do you think that is?
God said "no" for His own reasons.
Perhaps my desire must wait for another happening before mine can happen...or a hundred other reasons.
I would like to hear some of your “hundred other reasons” - the only reason I see in scripture for unanswered prayer is when the request does not line up with God’s will.
But in your case, that should not be a problem, since you are sinless in all your ways.
Amen to that.
Some reasons for immediately unanswered prayers may be there is a teaching involved that needs to be learned first, or waiting will strengthen one for a future time of trouble, or someone else needs to get on board, or the time is not yet right for such a miracle.
Or perhaps God just doesn't see fit to answer a prayer in the way WE think it should be answered.
Or maybe, in the case of praying for others, they need to get in a better place first.
Or the answer to the prayer might just be "NO".

macca
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Refrain His Lips from Guile

Post by macca »

You all will notice that Jesus said; "Believe that you receive them, and you shall have them"

Most Christians still miss what Jesus says here,,,,, you must believe that you have received those things you have asked for in
prayer, BEFORE you have physically got them.
God is a Spirit and prayer is a spiritual exercise between your spirit and God.
It may take some time to materialise in our physical realm, but God is not limited by time as we are.

Once you have asked God for those things and thanked Him for them in Jesus' name then that settles it as done.
don't bring it up again to God in prayer unless, it is to thank Him for the answer and worship Him for His goodness.

Once you receive a gift from someone you do not keep asking for the gift everyday afterwards do you.
People will think you are nuts and you would be, so stop asking God day after day for the same thing
He has given you already.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Amen to that.
Some reasons for immediately unanswered prayers may be there is a teaching involved that needs to be learned first, or waiting will strengthen one for a future time of trouble, or someone else needs to get on board, or the time is not yet right for such a miracle.
Or perhaps God just doesn't see fit to answer a prayer in the way WE think it should be answered.
Or maybe, in the case of praying for others, they need to get in a better place first.
Fascinating concepts, but what scriptures support this line of reasoning, especially the last statement?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I do agree with you and your post. :angel:

Reverend Kenneth E.Hagin was the best He was very special to me.I am listening to him on you tube right now.
macca wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 am
You all will notice that Jesus said; "Believe that you receive them, and you shall have them"

Most Christians still miss what Jesus says here,,,,, you must believe that you have received those things you have asked for in
prayer, BEFORE you have physically got them.
God is a Spirit and prayer is a spiritual exercise between your spirit and God.
It may take some time to materialise in our physical realm, but God is not limited by time as we are.

Once you have asked God for those things and thanked Him for them in Jesus' name then that settles it as done.
don't bring it up again to God in prayer unless, it is to thank Him for the answer and worship Him for His goodness.

Once you receive a gift from someone you do not keep asking for the gift everyday afterwards do you.
People will think you are nuts and you would be, so stop asking God day after day for the same thing
He has given you already.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Mark 11:23 For verily i say unto you,that whosoever shall say to this mountain be thou removed,and be thou cast into the sea;and shall not doubt in his heart,but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass;he shall have whatsoever he saith.

In verse 25 Jesus speaks of a real hindrance to faith.

And when ye stand praying,forgive,if ye have aught against any :that your Father also which is heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
BUT if ye do not forgive ,neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

macca wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 am
Who here believes this....

Mark. 11:24;
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 am
Mark 11:23 For verily i say unto you,that whosoever shall say to this mountain be thou removed,and be thou cast into the sea;and shall not doubt in his heart,but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass;he shall have whatsoever he saith.

And when ye stand praying,forgive,if ye have aught against any :that your Father also which is heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
BUT if ye do not forgive ,neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

macca wrote:

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
What happens if a believer does NOT forgive others? Jesus said he is NOT forgiven himself. SO does the believer who does NOT forgive others still go to Heaven unforgiven?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Refrain His Lips from Guile

Post by macca »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:54 am
branham1965 wrote:

macca wrote:

What happens if a believer does NOT forgive others? Jesus said he is NOT forgiven himself. SO does the believer who does NOT forgive others still go to Heaven unforgiven?

Great question....don't know the answer.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Amen to that.
Fascinating concepts, but what scriptures support this line of reasoning, especially the last statement?
God knows better than us about what we need, and sometimes what we want is not what we need.
Sometimes our "want" is for our own good.
As for scripture, I cite Paul's prayers to be relieved of what he called a "thorn in the flesh", in 2 Cor 12:7-9.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

macca wrote:

No "unforgiven" men will end up in heaven. (Men who refuses to forgive others)
Unforgiveness is tantamount to hate, and no haters will be awarded eternal life.
By their hate they declare they are NOT believers.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 pm
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

macca wrote:

No "unforgiven" men will end up in heaven. (Men who refuses to forgive others)
Unforgiveness is tantamount to hate, and no haters will be awarded eternal life.
By their hate they declare they are NOT believers.
You are correct on "No "unforgiven" men will end up in heaven. (Men who refuses to forgive others)"

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note