Dake Bible Discussion BoardTransgression of the Doctrine of Christ

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Transgression of the Doctrine of Christ

Post by branham1965 »

" Whosoever transgresseth ,and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ,
hath not God.He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ hath both the Father and the Son.If there come any unto you,and bring not this doctrine,receive him not in your house ,neither bid him God speed.
For he that biddeth them God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."
2 John 9-11

I heard this preached on all the time when i was a member of the Church of Christ denomination.They thought this meant everyone else was lost but them.
Then they began to cut off COC members who believed in orphans homes or nursing homes or other things. :lol:
They do not accept water baptisms from other groups.They do not use musical instruments in worship.
I did meet some proper people in the denomination.

Regarding 2 John 9-11
I looked on the site of the Assemblies of God.They said anyone saying that Christ was not an Eternal Son of the Father,who says His Sonship began when He was born of the Virgin Mary is TRANSGRESSING THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST.
This caught my eye.

What IS a transgression of the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST? Someone said on here years ago that ONENESS PENTECOSTALISM was a transgression of the doctrine of Christ.

Any thoughts?? +ummm

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Transgression of the Doctrine of Christ

Post by macca »

I don't believe I ever fitted in the AOG....and after reading that I don't believe I ever will.......

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:39 am
hath not God.He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ hath both the Father and the Son.If there come any unto you,and bring not this doctrine,receive him not in your house ,neither bid him God speed.
2 John 9-11

I heard this preached on all the time when i was a member of the Church of Christ denomination.They thought this meant everyone else was lost but them.
Then they began to cut off COC members who believed in orphans homes or nursing homes or other things. :lol:
They do not accept water baptisms from other groups.They do not use musical instruments in worship.

Regarding 2 John 9-11
I looked on the site of the Assemblies of God.They said anyone saying that Christ was not an Eternal Son of the Father,who says His Sonship began when He was born of the Virgin Mary is TRANSGRESSING THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST.
This caught my eye.

What IS a transgression of the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST? Someone said on here years ago that ONENESS PENTECOSTALISM was a transgression of the doctrine of Christ.

Any thoughts?? +ummm
A transgression would be not loving one another, but first what is the doctrine of Christ the author is referring to? Doctrine is generally instruction. Because these pastors and teachers that you refer to teach other than what the author is stating means such as water baptism, music instruments, and the like, they have pulled from something else and make it their truth.

This won't make it His truth, nor will it change what the author was stating about the doctrine of Christ. I have stated this before and will do so again. I believe that many would not allow Jesus in their church if he was standing at the door and knocking because of their traditions and false teachings.

We can see the verse is taken out of context and that changes the meaning (BTW this is another great chapter in John that warns the saint about falling away from the born again status). Going back and few verses and not pulling the verse out of context can help in understanding what the author was implying:

2 John 1:5-8 (KJV)
5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

There are only so many words of Jesus recorded which indicate as much as we have of His teaching. Men add their instructions to Jesus instructions and form their doctrines. A lot of times they remove Jesus' instructions and simply use their own as if they came from Jesus to promote their doctrines.

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

The Companion Bible's author teaches that eternal
sonship doctrine and I showed it to an AOG preacher and said it is not correct. 1986. He did not know what I was talking about...lol

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I expected more to comment on this. +Grenade +foot

I have grappled with over this for a few years.

I was shocked when i read the AG statement.

If Reverend Dake always used book chapter and verse and he always did use book ,chapter and verse for his teaching then i disagree with them on this.

Reverend Dake said Christ's Sonship refers to Humanity NOT to Deity.
If it refers to Deity as the AG and others say then what does it mean by being begotten???Begotten before all worlds the creed says.
Arius in 300AD or so used this as meaning being CREATED by the Father God.
Athanasius fought with him on this.Eventually Arius was thrown out of the church as a HERETIC.People fought and were killed over this DOCTRINE.Some say Arius was poisoned.

p.s. The Companion Bible also teaches HYPER DISPENSATIONALISM :neutral: also.

macca wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 am
The Companion Bible's author teaches that eternal
sonship doctrine and I showed it to an AOG preacher and said it is not correct. 1986. He did not know what I was talking about...lol
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I was sent a Companion Bible a few years ago.

Dr.Bullinger was a great scholar.

So i was not putting him or his work down. +violin

I was saying that i do not believe in Hyper Dispensationalism.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
2 John 9-11

Regarding 2 John 9-11
This caught my eye.

Any thoughts?? +ummm
What is the "doctrine of Christ" that you refer to?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I asked this question because it has really bothered me for years.

What is a transgression of the doctrine of Christ?

" Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,let us go on to perfection;not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,and of faith towards God.
Of the doctrine of baptisms,and of laying on of hands,and of the resurrection of the dead,and eternal judgement." Hebrews 6

I know that these 7 things are the the principles of the doctrine of Christ
laying the foundation of :
1.repentance from dead works
2. faith toward God
3.the doctrine of baptisms
4.the laying on of hands
5.the resurrection of the dead
6.eternal judgement
7.the going on to perfection
A successful respected Pastor (Reverend James Lee Beall)was asking the Lord why that so many people that had met the Lord Jesus Christ in their church would go off on tangents ,leave the church and become spiritual derelicts.
God had been good to these people he said .What gives?The Lord told him that the Pastors and the church leadership were trying to build without proper foundations.That these foundation stones must be laid in every believers life before they can go on unto perfection.

:morning: :morning:
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 pm
branham1965 wrote:
2 John 9-11

Regarding 2 John 9-11
This caught my eye.

Any thoughts?? +ummm
What is the "doctrine of Christ" that you refer to?
He gave you the scripture reference... check it out... that is the one he is referring to.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:12 am
I asked this question because it has really bothered me for years.

What is a transgression of the doctrine of Christ?

" Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ,let us go on to perfection;not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,and of faith towards God.
Of the doctrine of baptisms,and of laying on of hands,and of the resurrection of the dead,and eternal judgement." Hebrews 6

I know that these 7 things are the the principles of the doctrine of Christ
laying the foundation of :
1.repentance from dead works
2. faith toward God
3.the doctrine of baptisms
4.the laying on of hands
5.the resurrection of the dead
6.eternal judgement
7.the going on to perfection
A successful respected Pastor (Reverend James Lee Beall)was asking the Lord why that so many people that had met the Lord Jesus Christ in their church would go off on tangents ,leave the church and become spiritual derelicts.
God had been good to these people he said .What gives? The Lord told him that the Pastors and the church leadership were trying to build without proper foundations. That these foundation stones must be laid in every believers life before they can go on unto perfection.
Thankyou for a good answer.
With that in mind, the answer to the OP is... to dismiss or minimize any of the things that you listed from Heb. 6 above.