Dake Bible Discussion BoardWords mean something.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Words mean something.

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 am
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:30 am
I have determined that someone is fully committed to their belief and is fully committed to defending it regardless of how ambiguous they must become when taking other positions, or defining terms. The “cause” must be defended at all cost.
To add, no doubt a very dangerous position to hold as there is no place for growth in Christ for the defense of the "cause" overshadows growth.
Some "growths" are cancerous.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 pm
I guess he doesn't preach freedom from sin, as he writes our "thorough purging of sin" is in the future.
Frankly speaking, I was "thoroughly purged" of my past sins at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
No question that his beliefs are different than yours. It's different from most people's on this board, too.
I wish there was a “like” button. I have determined that someone is fully committed to their belief and is fully committed to defending it regardless of how ambiguous they must become when taking other positions, or defining terms. The “cause” must be defended at all cost.
I've been wishing for a "Like" button, too. And, a WYSIWYG editor...
There are several posts that I would've liked to "like."
I would like it if the posts were numbered, so I could cite previous posts with more than "the third post of page 3".
Can changes be made to the format?
They are numbered, if you know where to look.

Your post was #105119.

Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Hill Top »

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:30 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 pm
I guess he doesn't preach freedom from sin, as he writes our "thorough purging of sin" is in the future.
Frankly speaking, I was "thoroughly purged" of my past sins at my baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
No question that his beliefs are different than yours. It's different from most people's on this board, too.
I wish there was a “like” button. I have determined that someone is fully committed to their belief and is fully committed to defending it regardless of how ambiguous they must become when taking other positions, or defining terms. The “cause” must be defended at all cost.
I've been wishing for a "Like" button, too. And, a WYSIWYG editor...
There are several posts that I would've liked to "like."
I would like it if the posts were numbered, so I could cite previous posts with more than "the third post of page 3".
Can changes be made to the format?
They are numbered, if you know where to look.

Your post was #105119.
Thanks, but that isn't much use when scrolling back several pages looking for a post somebody else supplied the number for.
If I told you post # 104222 was of use in a thread, you would need to dial up every post until you found it.
Or is there a code I can follow?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks, but that isn't much use when scrolling back several pages looking for a post somebody else supplied the number for.
If I told you post # 104222 was of use in a thread, you would need to dial up every post until you found it.
If the quotations from each post is used properly, a little upward arrow at the end of the line that looks like this:

Hill Top wrote: ↑

is a link to the post being quoted...

Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:31 pm
If the quotations from each post is used properly, a little upward arrow at the end of the line that looks like this:

Hill Top wrote: ↑

is a link to the post being quoted...
When I hit the arrow to see where THAT post was, it only seems to go to the "page" being quoted.
Still, that is better than scrolling through several pages.
Thankyou.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm
luchnia wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
I have determined that someone is fully committed to their belief and is fully committed to defending it regardless of how ambiguous they must become when taking other positions, or defining terms. The “cause” must be defended at all cost.
To add, no doubt a very dangerous position to hold as there is no place for growth in Christ for the defense of the "cause" overshadows growth.
Do you suppose those growing in Christ has cancerous growths?

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm
luchnia wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Do you suppose those growing in Christ has cancerous growths?
Nope.
The cancer of the spirit is the proof of not being in Christ.