Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Well said, Leon.


Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Pastor Bible.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.



Grandfather
No Plague Shall Come Nigh Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:29 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.
There is a difference in being made in the "image of God" and the "express image of God."

You can be in the image without being the exact image.

For example my daughter is in my image and of course she is a female with long hair and I am a male with short hair.

But while she is in my image not my EXPRESS image.

In that regard Christ was the EXPRESS image of the Father.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

You seem to be expecting man to be in the EXPRESS image of God the Father!

I can see my image in a dirty mirror but I am not dirty.

I can see my image in a mud puddle although I am not redish and waving as a mud puddle waves.

In other words you seem to be nit picking it do death! LOL
You’re the one being nit-picky. We agree in concept but the disagreement is in application. We both agree that “his image” is more of an essence that actual physical appearance.



Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 am
bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:29 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.
There is a difference in being made in the "image of God" and the "express image of God."

You can be in the image without being the exact image.

For example my daughter is in my image and of course she is a female with long hair and I am a male with short hair.

But while she is in my image not my EXPRESS image.

In that regard Christ was the EXPRESS image of the Father.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

You seem to be expecting man to be in the EXPRESS image of God the Father!

I can see my image in a dirty mirror but I am not dirty.

I can see my image in a mud puddle although I am not redish and waving as a mud puddle waves.

In other words you seem to be nit picking it do death! LOL
You’re the one being nit-picky. We agree in concept but the disagreement is in application. We both agree that “his image” is more of an essence that actual physical appearance.
Which "His" are you referring to?
God the Father or the Word?



Grandfather
No Plague Shall Come Nigh Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Which "His" are you referring to?
God the Father or the Word?
Which do you think?



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

Grandfather,
Since you openly disagreed with Reverend Dake

Were not you a missionary and a great soul winner???
Who are you and are you Assemblies of God or what are you???
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Which "His" are you referring to?
God the Father or the Word?
Which do you think?
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Which "His" are you referring to?
God the Father or the Word?
Which do you think?
Can't you answer a question of your belief?



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

I am not on your board talking about your Bible
or anything like it.

Reverend Dake was a TRUE ministry gift to the Church with his books and his incomparable Reference Bible.

Who are you???

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 am
bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:29 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.
There is a difference in being made in the "image of God" and the "express image of God."

You can be in the image without being the exact image.

For example my daughter is in my image and of course she is a female with long hair and I am a male with short hair.

But while she is in my image not my EXPRESS image.

In that regard Christ was the EXPRESS image of the Father.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

You seem to be expecting man to be in the EXPRESS image of God the Father!

I can see my image in a dirty mirror but I am not dirty.

I can see my image in a mud puddle although I am not redish and waving as a mud puddle waves.

In other words you seem to be nit picking it do death! LOL
You’re the one being nit-picky. We agree in concept but the disagreement is in application. We both agree that “his image” is more of an essence that actual physical appearance.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3052
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

1 Samuel 3: 10, And the LORD came, AND STOOD, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

The Lord stood just like any other person with a body, soul, and spirit.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
No Plague Shall Come Nigh Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Which "His" are you referring to?
God the Father or the Word?
Which do you think?
Can't you answer a question of your belief?
Can’t you respond with an answer that reveals your reading comprehension ?



Post Reply