Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is Break Every Yoke
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:34 am
Grandfather,

Look at note n in the Dake Bible for Psalm 98:4-9

Read note l for Isaiah 55:12
I have. Please note that Dake states: "His "right hand" and "holy arm" are figurative of His great power." but later calls them "personal references" Are they figurative? Or personal?



Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is Break Every Yoke
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:13 pm
I watched the videos and I was not persuaded by Dake's arguments.

He did not address the anthropomorphism that was predominantly used in the Hebrew tradition.

He did not even attempt to explain the need for Jesus to be made in the likeness of men, if God was already in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)

The image of God is something different than a human form appearance. Thus the need for Jesus to become in the likeness of men.
On the video he may not have addressed anthropomorphism but he does in his Bible notes.
Anthropomorphism

Anthropomorphism is the ascription of human physical parts, attributes, and passions to God, and taking the substantiating statements of Scripture to be literal and not figurative.

In support of such teaching an appropriate question is: If God did not mean all He said about Himself in over 20,000 scriptures, then why did He say such things? They certainly do not add to a true understanding of Him if the passages do not mean what they say. Furthermore, why would God, in hundreds of places, refer to Himself as having physical parts, soul passions, and spirit faculties if He does not have them? Would it be necessary for Him to tell us He has such in order to reveal that He does not have them? Would He not be more likely to say in plain language that He does not have eyes, hands, mouth, ears, and other physical members?
There are a couple of issues with the above statement.
1) God did not say this about himself in over 20,000 scriptures. People said this about God.
2) Why did God use/allow such terminology? good question, but there are several other reasons as well. I will not take the time to research and post them at this moment. But many of them deal with the Hebrew language and God revealing himself as personal to a world that had little or no concept of a personal God.
3) Would it be necessary? Another good question, perhaps it was the way people could relate to what was being revealed.
4) As I pointed out in another post, even Dake called some of these "figurative"
5) It doesn't matter how many verses there are unless the can be proven as true.
6) Yes God appeared to men and in the form of men, but he is God an could appear in any form he desired. So that still doesn't prove that is his "true" form or appearance.


bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am
It is logical not to question the plain, simple statements of Scripture about God and His body; it is logical to understand them in the same literal way that we understand like statements about angels, men, and other beings. We have no Biblical authority to do otherwise. Rom. 1:20 alone proves this.
Why is it not logical? No reason is given to support this claim.
bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am
The truth is that God has revealed Himself to be seen by the natural eyes of men repeatedly, and Biblical writers have given a clear record concerning what He is like. The many personal descriptions of God's body and thousands of plain declarations regarding His soul passions and spirit attributes should not be denied or interpreted contrary to what is written; they should be believed in all simplicity. The constant rejection of revealed facts about God certainly will not give us a true understanding of Him. To acknowledge them as truth will not make God any less glorious, powerful, or great than He really is. God can be like man in physical form and still be as magnificent as we have always thought Him to be. He can have a spirit-substance body and still be like man in size and shape; and He can have passions, feelings, desires, intelligence and will-power without being confined to man's limitation and sinfulness. Truly He is not only all that men, angels, and other beings are in this respect, but infinitely greater in everything; and man in reality is simply a miniature of God in attributes and powers.
This has been answered above.

I am still waiting for the explanation of Phil 2:6,7 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not probbery to be equal with God:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and twas made in the likeness of men:

If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is Break Every Yoke
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6527
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

I believe the Scriptures and the posts that were posted here in this thread by both the Ironman and by the Bibleman.


Reverend Dake has greatly impressed me since i was a teenager many years ago.

:turn-l:
Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

"Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God."
Do you believe anything God says????

Genesis 1: 26, And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS:


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is Break Every Yoke
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:46 pm
"Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God."
Do you believe anything God says????

Genesis 1: 26, And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS:
Oh, I believe that, but I believe the image of God is not the same as the physical body of man.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:46 pm
"Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God."
Do you believe anything God says????

Genesis 1: 26, And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS:
Oh, I believe that, but I believe the image of God is not the same as the physical body of man.
So God is lying then? We are not made in the image and likeness of God?

And Adams son Seth didn't look like Adam?

Genesis 5: 3, And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son IN HIS OWN LIKENESS, AFTER HIS IMAGE; and called his name Seth:


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 3166
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm
"If what Dake says about God having a physical body in the likeness of men, then why did the son of God have to be MADE in the likeness of men? According to Dake, he already was."
He was the Word, (John 1;1) with a Spiritual body, who was with God the Father, and was also God. He had to become like a man, (John 1:14), and take on a mortal body of a man so that He could die for our sins.

As God, ( Th Word), He could not die, as a man (Jesus Christ), He could die for mankind.
Then continue... if we are made in the image of God, and everyone of us bears a slightly different image (i don't look like you, my wife does not look like her sister, etc) then how can you say that God has the only the basic traits of men, and not all? The trouble is you want to say God has toes because we have toes, but that doesn't extend to have the same size, weight, hair color, etc. You're picking and choosing what you want God to look like at the exclusion of other traits. Why not say God can appear however he wants to appear, because he is God.
There is a difference in being made in the "image of God" and the "express image of God."

You can be in the image without being the exact image.

For example my daughter is in my image and of course she is a female with long hair and I am a male with short hair.

But while she is in my image not my EXPRESS image.

In that regard Christ was the EXPRESS image of the Father.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

You seem to be expecting man to be in the EXPRESS image of God the Father!

I can see my image in a dirty mirror but I am not dirty.

I can see my image in a mud puddle although I am not redish and waving as a mud puddle waves.

In other words you seem to be nit picking it do death! LOL


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Thank you Pastor Bible! :angel:


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Post Reply