Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is To Undo the Heavy Burdens

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.
I'm sorry but your argument does not follow a logical progression.
Your premise is - I am made in the image of God
Therefore - if I have toes therefore God has toes.

If that proposition is true, then saying "I have "X" colored skin, then it would logically follow that God has "X" colored skin.
Since we know this is not true because people of various skin colors are made in the image of God, then there is a problem with the argument. The problem cannot be we are made in the image of God, because that is a scriptural truth. The problem then must be in the application of "image of God" to the natural body.

We must remember that God is a spirit being. (John 4:24) And we know that Jesus was in the form of God but made himself into the image of man. (Phil 2:6,7) If God was in the same physical image as we understand there would be no reason for Jesus to make himself into the likeness of man, he would have already been in that image.

I present the following..
1) We are made in the image of God
2) That image is unlike a bodily image we are aware of.
3) Jesus was in the image prior to the incarnation.
4) Jesus took on the image of man, yet mysteriously (to us) remained fully divine.
5) Therefore we cannot define the Father God in human body part terms. Although we can use them using anthropomorphic language.

FYI - I am not suggest that God is not a personal being or some mystical force. He has, he is the true person as he wants personhood to be.
Did you deliberately ignores all these Scriptures or just refuse to believe them?
No, I've read them all. I have Dake's Bible and GPFM. Nothing there answered the questions I asked above. Nothing there refuted the logical fallacy I pointed out. Repeating the same statement over and over again is not an answer, but actually an avoidance of the question.
Matthew 25:25-27, 25,At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26, Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Z 161..jpg
Oh, a highly intellent response to a question you cannot answer. I expect more from you. Even Hilltop doesn't resort to this foolishness

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman »

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman »

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 am
Ironman wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
If He had a body, He would not be a spirit.
The Word had a body, and it was manifested in the flesh with toes.
As God the Father is one with Jesus, together they have toes.
Again wrong. Read your bible with an open mind. It does not harmonize with the theories of man.

Taken from Dakes God plan for man book page 51.

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell (Gen 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas:2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10).

There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies, and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49). The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

God has been seen with the natural eyes by men many times, so His invisibility is not something beyond spiritual or physical possibility of manifestation or sight. He will be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:4-5; Ezek. 43-7; 48:35). He can appear visible or invisible to natural eyes now; and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Angels and other spirit beings have also bee seen by natural eyes. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things, as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations - a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increase seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26). Even man's invisible soul and spirit or the inner man has been and can be seen (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 6:9-11); therefore it is possible for all spirits and spiritual things to be seen. Sin has blinded the natural sight of man so that now we see only through a glass darkly (1 Cor. 13:12). No man therefore, therefore can say with Scriptural authority that God consists of a kind of invisible substance which cannot be seen or touched by man. In fact, God will live among men in visible form for ever (Rev. 21:3-7; 22:4-5).
You are substituting the Word for the Father/God.
They are one, but also separate with distinct facets.
The Spirit doesn't have toes.
The Word does.
Which ever manifestation of God that is written about can be identified by those, and other attributes.
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
Isn't it written..."And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: "?
Not just God's (a spirit), image.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

I watched the videos and I was not persuaded by Dake's arguments.

He did not address the anthropomorphism that was predominantly used in the Hebrew tradition.

He did not even attempt to explain the need for Jesus to be made in the likeness of men, if God was already in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)

The image of God is something different than a human form appearance. Thus the need for Jesus to become in the likeness of men.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Poor old HillTop thinks God does not have a body. That He is some spooky nothingness floating about in nowhere land?

Mark 16: 19,So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

1 Peter 3: 22, Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Colossians 3:1, If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:55-56, But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8: 34, Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Ephesians 1: 20, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Acts 5:31-31, 30, The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. 31, Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Looks like the Father has a right hand! If He has a right hand He must also have a left hand. I wonder what His hands are attached to?? Maybe HillTop can answer that! They might be attached to an anthropomorphism.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:56 pm
If God does not have a body then He must be some spooky nothingness floating about in nowhere land?

Mark 16: 19,So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

1 Peter 3: 22, Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Colossians 3:1, If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:55-56, But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Romans 8: 34, Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Ephesians 1: 20, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Acts 5:31-31, 30, The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. 31, Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Looks like the Father has a right hand! If He has a right hand He must also have a left hand. I wonder what His hands are attached to?? Maybe HillTop can answer that! They might be attached to an anthropomorphism.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

I guess flood waters have hands... Psalm 98:8 Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
So do the trees of the fields... Isa 55:12 the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
This same verse tells us the mountains and hills must have a mouth because they have a voice and sing!

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:59 am
Ironman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:56 pm
If God does not have a body then He must be some spooky nothingness floating about in nowhere land?

Do you even understand the meaning of anthropomorphism? BTW - "the right hand" is an expression of prestige and authority, not just a physical position. But you're a smart guy, you know that much.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Grandpa,

So you are not impressed with Reverend Dake?

There are many clear and plain Scriptures on these things.And they were posted above.

Is the Lord trying to confuse us or does He actually mean what He says?

Rev.Dake spent 100,000 and over 43 years studying when the Dake Bible was completed in 1963.

Do you have a Dake Bible??

If so look up the KENOSIS of Christ on Philippians 2. :|

Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:13 pm
I watched the videos and I was not persuaded by Dake's arguments.

He did not address the anthropomorphism that was predominantly used in the Hebrew tradition.

He did not even attempt to explain the need for Jesus to be made in the likeness of men, if God was already in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)

The image of God is something different than a human form appearance. Thus the need for Jesus to become in the likeness of men.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.