Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
If He had a body, He would not be a spirit.
The Word had a body, and it was manifested in the flesh with toes.
As God the Father is one with Jesus, together they have toes.
Again wrong. Read your bible with an open mind. It does not harmonize with the theories of man.

Taken from Dakes God plan for man book page 51.

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell (Gen 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas:2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10).

There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies, and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49). The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

God has been seen with the natural eyes by men many times, so His invisibility is not something beyond spiritual or physical possibility of manifestation or sight. He will be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:4-5; Ezek. 43-7; 48:35). He can appear visible or invisible to natural eyes now; and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Angels and other spirit beings have also bee seen by natural eyes. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things, as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations - a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increase seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26). Even man's invisible soul and spirit or the inner man has been and can be seen (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 6:9-11); therefore it is possible for all spirits and spiritual things to be seen. Sin has blinded the natural sight of man so that now we see only through a glass darkly (1 Cor. 13:12). No man therefore, therefore can say with Scriptural authority that God consists of a kind of invisible substance which cannot be seen or touched by man. In fact, God will live among men in visible form for ever (Rev. 21:3-7; 22:4-5).


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1962
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
If He had a body, He would not be a spirit.
The Word had a body, and it was manifested in the flesh with toes.
As God the Father is one with Jesus, together they have toes.
Again wrong. Read your bible with an open mind. It does not harmonize with the theories of man.

Taken from Dakes God plan for man book page 51.

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell (Gen 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas:2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10).

There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies, and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49). The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

God has been seen with the natural eyes by men many times, so His invisibility is not something beyond spiritual or physical possibility of manifestation or sight. He will be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:4-5; Ezek. 43-7; 48:35). He can appear visible or invisible to natural eyes now; and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Angels and other spirit beings have also bee seen by natural eyes. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things, as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations - a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increase seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26). Even man's invisible soul and spirit or the inner man has been and can be seen (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 6:9-11); therefore it is possible for all spirits and spiritual things to be seen. Sin has blinded the natural sight of man so that now we see only through a glass darkly (1 Cor. 13:12). No man therefore, therefore can say with Scriptural authority that God consists of a kind of invisible substance which cannot be seen or touched by man. In fact, God will live among men in visible form for ever (Rev. 21:3-7; 22:4-5).
You are substituting the Word for the Father/God.
They are one, but also separate with distinct facets.
The Spirit doesn't have toes.
The Word does.
Which ever manifestation of God that is written about can be identified by those, and other attributes.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 am
Ironman wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
If He had a body, He would not be a spirit.
The Word had a body, and it was manifested in the flesh with toes.
As God the Father is one with Jesus, together they have toes.
Again wrong. Read your bible with an open mind. It does not harmonize with the theories of man.

Taken from Dakes God plan for man book page 51.

The body of any being is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwell (Gen 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:52; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas:2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10).

There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies, and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49). The soul is that invisible part which feels , the seat of his emotions and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows the seat of his intellect, mind and will, and that which gives him self determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2;11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21;Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 1:27; Heb. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

God has been seen with the natural eyes by men many times, so His invisibility is not something beyond spiritual or physical possibility of manifestation or sight. He will be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:4-5; Ezek. 43-7; 48:35). He can appear visible or invisible to natural eyes now; and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Angels and other spirit beings have also bee seen by natural eyes. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things, as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations - a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increase seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26). Even man's invisible soul and spirit or the inner man has been and can be seen (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 6:9-11); therefore it is possible for all spirits and spiritual things to be seen. Sin has blinded the natural sight of man so that now we see only through a glass darkly (1 Cor. 13:12). No man therefore, therefore can say with Scriptural authority that God consists of a kind of invisible substance which cannot be seen or touched by man. In fact, God will live among men in visible form for ever (Rev. 21:3-7; 22:4-5).
You are substituting the Word for the Father/God.
They are one, but also separate with distinct facets.
The Spirit doesn't have toes.
The Word does.
Which ever manifestation of God that is written about can be identified by those, and other attributes.
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.

Read this, check all the Scriptures and get back to me.

God the Father has a body, a Spirit Body, with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are NOT "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.

God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man.

This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).
He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ; 6-7), Nostrils (Ps. 18:8), mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ; 18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ; Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6) ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ; 18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ; Exodus 24:10-11 ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.
God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ; 18:1-22, 33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ; Zech. 14:5 ; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ; Exodus 24:11).
There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.
I'm sorry but your argument does not follow a logical progression.
Your premise is - I am made in the image of God
Therefore - if I have toes therefore God has toes.

If that proposition is true, then saying "I have "X" colored skin, then it would logically follow that God has "X" colored skin.
Since we know this is not true because people of various skin colors are made in the image of God, then there is a problem with the argument. The problem cannot be we are made in the image of God, because that is a scriptural truth. The problem then must be in the application of "image of God" to the natural body.

We must remember that God is a spirit being. (John 4:24) And we know that Jesus was in the form of God but made himself into the image of man. (Phil 2:6,7) If God was in the same physical image as we understand there would be no reason for Jesus to make himself into the likeness of man, he would have already been in that image.

I present the following..
1) We are made in the image of God
2) That image is unlike a bodily image we are aware of.
3) Jesus was in the image prior to the incarnation.
4) Jesus took on the image of man, yet mysteriously (to us) remained fully divine.
5) Therefore we cannot define the Father God in human body part terms. Although we can use them using anthropomorphic language.

FYI - I am not suggest that God is not a personal being or some mystical force. He has, he is the true person as he wants personhood to be.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6519
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

When i found this out about the LORD.Reverend Dake used book ,chapter and verse to prove his
truth.Thank you Ironman and Macca.

I was amazed.It goes against much so called theology.

But yet it is true.
How anyone can resist these Scriptures is beyond me.
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.

Read this, check all the Scriptures and get back to me.

God the Father has a body, a Spirit Body, with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are NOT "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.

God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man.

This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).
He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ; 6-7), Nostrils (Ps. 18:8), mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ; 18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ; Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6) ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ; 18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ; Exodus 24:10-11 ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.
God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ; 18:1-22, 33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ; Zech. 14:5 ; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ; Exodus 24:11).
There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.
I'm sorry but your argument does not follow a logical progression.
Your premise is - I am made in the image of God
Therefore - if I have toes therefore God has toes.

If that proposition is true, then saying "I have "X" colored skin, then it would logically follow that God has "X" colored skin.
Since we know this is not true because people of various skin colors are made in the image of God, then there is a problem with the argument. The problem cannot be we are made in the image of God, because that is a scriptural truth. The problem then must be in the application of "image of God" to the natural body.

We must remember that God is a spirit being. (John 4:24) And we know that Jesus was in the form of God but made himself into the image of man. (Phil 2:6,7) If God was in the same physical image as we understand there would be no reason for Jesus to make himself into the likeness of man, he would have already been in that image.

I present the following..
1) We are made in the image of God
2) That image is unlike a bodily image we are aware of.
3) Jesus was in the image prior to the incarnation.
4) Jesus took on the image of man, yet mysteriously (to us) remained fully divine.
5) Therefore we cannot define the Father God in human body part terms. Although we can use them using anthropomorphic language.

FYI - I am not suggest that God is not a personal being or some mystical force. He has, he is the true person as he wants personhood to be.
Did you deliberately ignores all these Scriptures or just refuse to believe them?

God has a body. This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).
He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ; 6-7), Nostrils (Ps. 18:8), mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ; 18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ; Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6) ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ; 18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ; Exodus 24:10-11 ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.
God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ; 18:1-22, 33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ; Zech. 14:5 ; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ; Exodus 24:11).
There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Grandfather »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.
I'm sorry but your argument does not follow a logical progression.
Your premise is - I am made in the image of God
Therefore - if I have toes therefore God has toes.

If that proposition is true, then saying "I have "X" colored skin, then it would logically follow that God has "X" colored skin.
Since we know this is not true because people of various skin colors are made in the image of God, then there is a problem with the argument. The problem cannot be we are made in the image of God, because that is a scriptural truth. The problem then must be in the application of "image of God" to the natural body.

We must remember that God is a spirit being. (John 4:24) And we know that Jesus was in the form of God but made himself into the image of man. (Phil 2:6,7) If God was in the same physical image as we understand there would be no reason for Jesus to make himself into the likeness of man, he would have already been in that image.

I present the following..
1) We are made in the image of God
2) That image is unlike a bodily image we are aware of.
3) Jesus was in the image prior to the incarnation.
4) Jesus took on the image of man, yet mysteriously (to us) remained fully divine.
5) Therefore we cannot define the Father God in human body part terms. Although we can use them using anthropomorphic language.

FYI - I am not suggest that God is not a personal being or some mystical force. He has, he is the true person as he wants personhood to be.
Did you deliberately ignores all these Scriptures or just refuse to believe them?
No, I've read them all. I have Dake's Bible and GPFM. Nothing there answered the questions I asked above. Nothing there refuted the logical fallacy I pointed out. Repeating the same statement over and over again is not an answer, but actually an avoidance of the question.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:59 pm
So, you don't have toes, or are you made in the image and likeness of something with a cloven hoof?
How to you explain that everyone looks different? If you say that being made in the image of God requires God to have toes because people have toes, then what skin color does God have? People have different skin tones. Or perhaps how tall is God since people are of different stature. How much does God weigh, because different people have different weights.

I'm sorry but your attempted analogy falls short in this regard.

Plus there is the odd question that you expose yourself to... if we are made in God's physical image, then who made God's image?
I am the same image wise as any man on earth regardless of color size, weight, nationality, hairy or bald. God created many things of the same species differently. Form miniature birds to giant albatross, shetland ponies to huge clydsdles. From small miniature puppy dogs to great danes. Thats the greatness of God. Wouldn't things be boring in the eternal earth if everyone was exactly the same size, weight shape, colour.
I'm sorry but your argument does not follow a logical progression.
Your premise is - I am made in the image of God
Therefore - if I have toes therefore God has toes.

If that proposition is true, then saying "I have "X" colored skin, then it would logically follow that God has "X" colored skin.
Since we know this is not true because people of various skin colors are made in the image of God, then there is a problem with the argument. The problem cannot be we are made in the image of God, because that is a scriptural truth. The problem then must be in the application of "image of God" to the natural body.

We must remember that God is a spirit being. (John 4:24) And we know that Jesus was in the form of God but made himself into the image of man. (Phil 2:6,7) If God was in the same physical image as we understand there would be no reason for Jesus to make himself into the likeness of man, he would have already been in that image.

I present the following..
1) We are made in the image of God
2) That image is unlike a bodily image we are aware of.
3) Jesus was in the image prior to the incarnation.
4) Jesus took on the image of man, yet mysteriously (to us) remained fully divine.
5) Therefore we cannot define the Father God in human body part terms. Although we can use them using anthropomorphic language.

FYI - I am not suggest that God is not a personal being or some mystical force. He has, he is the true person as he wants personhood to be.
Did you deliberately ignores all these Scriptures or just refuse to believe them?
No, I've read them all. I have Dake's Bible and GPFM. Nothing there answered the questions I asked above. Nothing there refuted the logical fallacy I pointed out. Repeating the same statement over and over again is not an answer, but actually an avoidance of the question.
Matthew 25:25-27, 25,At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26, Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Z 161..jpg
Z 161..jpg (30.19 KiB) Viewed 101 times


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Post Reply