Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 am
luchnia wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 am
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:15 pm
Finally, for now, I would ask a few simple questions to those who think mistakes and errors are not sin.
Who gets to decide when a "mistake" or "error" is grievous enough to rise to the level of sin?
What if the well-intended "mistake" causes someone else to commit an easily recognizable sin?
Does that mistake now rise to the "sin" level?
In my view, Jesus never stated anything that would suggest a mistake, as we define the word mistake, as a sin. If one understands the spirit and nature of sin it is not a struggle understanding what sin is and who its master is. The bible explains sin and sin's master well as well as the different natures between unrighteous and righteous works.
Interesting comment. My first thought is why should one accept your view as the correct one? I believe Jesus did state that mistakes are sin in Matt 5:48 where he commanded "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." As you see, I do not appeal to "my view" of what God requires of us, instead I point to the words of Jesus Christ. And I might suggest we take Dake's position of taking the Bible literally when it can be reasonably done so and there is nothing here to suggest we take it otherwise.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 am
Consider the spirit that is darkened by sin and its intent. Even temptation is not sin as we see in James and anger is not sin as we see in Luke, yet some would make these sin in their brothers and sisters. Can they become sin? Certainly. It is about the intent of the spirit of man when following a heart/spirit of darkness.
You have a point, temptation is not always a sin, neither is anger. I will agree. The question was at what point does temptation, anger, bitterness turn from "mistakes" and "errors" to SIN? And while I value your opinion, I would rather put my faith in God's word.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 am
None of this should be that difficult to understand for a child of God because they are born again from above and have put off the old man and have crucified the flesh with the affections and lust. They walk in a different spirit with different direction...

An elderly lady that confesses with her mouth and believes in her heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and stubs her toe does not love darkness, nor has an evil spirit of satan because she has made a mistake and stubbed her toe.
I agree, none of this should be difficult for a child of God to understand, the command was to be perfect as He is perfect. Anything short of that standard is unacceptable. Mistakes and Errors as you call them miss the mark (sin) of the standard that God himself set.

Please read and re-read my postings. I have not implied, stated, suggested, hinted, etc. that believers who make, what you call "mistakes" or "errors" and I call sin, have an evil spirit. Nor have I suggested they suddenly became unsaved when they did. Any idea that you may have that leads to that conclusion of their eternal state comes from your theological view, not mine.

What I have stated is that these things you call "mistakes" are sin. (or the results of sin, we live in a fallen world, bad things happen to good and godly people.)

So, I will repeat my answer to my questions. Not with opinion, but with God's Word.
Matts 5:48 -Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Does our heaven Father stub his toe at night? Does he lock himself out of the throneroom of glory? Does he make spelling or research errors? Does he ever miss the target that he throws a ball at? I don't think so.

We can discuss how God deals with this "little sins" that we call errors and mistakes at another time, or in another thread, but for now let us call them for what they are. SIN.
As God is a spirit and has no "toes" to stub, His perfection we are to emulate is Spiritual in essence.
You omit "intent" when describing what is sin.
James says several requirements exist before sin can be committed, in James 1:13-14.
If you are enticed to and lust to stub your toe, it would be a sin.
Sins are premeditated.



User avatar
macca
Let Not the Words and Sayings of God Depart From Thine Eyes
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by macca »

Almighty God has toes! Just because He is a Spirit does not make Him unknowable.....



Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 am
Almighty God has toes! Just because He is a Spirit does not make Him unknowable.....
You have your opinion and I have mine.
They differ.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 pm
macca wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 am
Almighty God has toes! Just because He is a Spirit does not make Him unknowable.....
You have your opinion and I have mine.
They differ.
Macca is right, you are wrong in your opinion.

God the Father has a body with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are not "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.
God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man. This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).
He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ; 6-7), Nostrils (Ps. 18:8), mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ; 18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ; Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6) ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ; 18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ; Exodus 24:10-11 ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.
God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ; 18:1-22, 33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ; Zech. 14:5 ; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ; Exodus 24:11).
There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
God the Father is a spirit. No toes.
The Word may have had toes, and Jesus definitely has toes.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 am
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
God the Father is a spirit. No toes.
The Word may have had toes, and Jesus definitely has toes.
Doesn't your bible have these many Scriptures in it that show God has a spirit body just like our flesh and bone bodies. We are created in HIS IMAGE and LIKENESS.

Let US, that's the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, make man in OUR image and in OUR likeness.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
He must have all the bodily parts we have if were created in His image and likeness.

God the Father has a body with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are not "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.
God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man. This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).
He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ; 6-7), Nostrils (Ps. 18:8), mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ; 18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ; Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6) ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ; 18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ; Exodus 24:10-11 ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ; 18:1-22, 33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ; Zech. 14:5 ; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ; God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ; Exodus 24:11).

There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.

Josh 5:13-15, 13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

This man proved to be the God of heaven, one of the persons of the Divine Godhead who was personally leading Israel from Egypt. He now revealed Himself as a man, so that from outward appearance He stood like a man, looked like a man, held a sword like a man, spoke like a man with an audible voice, and Joshua approached Him like a man(v 13).
Joshua worshipped Him (v 14), and such reverence belongs only to Divine ones. If He had only been a messenger of God He would not have permitted worship. Joshua called Him Lord, master, owner. Joshua recognised himself as His servant.

Genesis 3: 8, And they heard the voice of the LORD (So He had a mouth and a tongue because they heard His voice), God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: (He must also have legs, feet and toes to be walking in the garden), and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. He must have eyes for Adam and Eve to hide themselves from His so He could not see them.)


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
macca
Let Not the Words and Sayings of God Depart From Thine Eyes
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by macca »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 am
Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
God the Father is a spirit. No toes.
The Word may have had toes, and Jesus definitely has toes.

Where is the Holy Spirit?????
Heb . 1:3; speaking of Jesus.....He brightly reflects God's glory and is the exact representation of His (God's) BEING,
R. F. Weymouth.

If you have seen Me (Jesus) you have seen the Father.
Did Jesus lie to Phillip?



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Ironman »

Macca, Hill Top apparently does not believe Jesus or the Word of God. It seems, Hill Top believes Hill Top.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1979
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Hill Top.
Do you still believe God has no toes, therefore no body?
If He had a body, He would not be a spirit.
The Word had a body, and it was manifested in the flesh with toes.
As God the Father is one with Jesus, together they have toes.



Post Reply