Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho Is Leviathan?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Who Is Leviathan?

Post by branham1965 »

I was listening to some sermons by Dr.Peter S.Ruckman on youtube.

He was a independent Baptist scholar.He was said to be the smartest man to ever go through Bob Jones University.He had an IQ of 195.He was a man's man and a character.

Dr.Ruckman was talking about the identity of Leviathan.

I was quite fascinated by the study.In his lessons he affirms that Leviathan is the devil.
The more i listened the more i believed him.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Who Is Leviathan?

Post by branham1965 »

I saw notes on Leviathan in my Dake Bible. :turn-l:

When i listen to Dr.Ruckman i like some of the message he gives.But when he or others like John Macarthur
bad mouth the Charismatic movement,or speaking in tongues or the Gifts of the Holy Spirit it makes me cringe inside.
Because of that i could not recommend any of those people to anyone.

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:20 am

He was a independent Baptist scholar.He was said to be the smartest man to ever go through Bob Jones University.He had an IQ of 195.He was a man's man and a character.

I was quite fascinated by the study.In his lessons he affirms that Leviathan is the devil.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I agree with you dolph. :angel:
A great preacher with a Pentecostal Church in Akron, Ohio said years ago that the Lord had shown him that ministers would come into his ministry and mock the old time power of God in signs,wonders miracles and healings.And they would blaspheme the Holy Ghost.They would return to their pulpits and be dead inside. Dear God. :arrow:

dolph wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 am
B65, has anyone speculated if those critical of speaking in tongues are guilty of blaspheming the Holy Spirit and committing the unforgivable sin? I wouldn't want that on my resume!
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

God's great power shown in His creatures.

Job 41.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:20 am

I have been aware of the use of the word "leviathan" to infer the devil for a long time.
Thanks for the reminder.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

From the Dake Bible
Leviathan a name of Satan
d-582-4 Job 41:1,Psalms 74:14,104:26,Isaiah 27:1