Dake Bible Discussion Board1 Cor. 10:13;

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

1 Cor. 10:13;

Post by macca »

What do we think of this translation of 1 Cor. 10:13;?

No temptation has come upon you that is beyond human power to resist.
God will be true to you, and will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength; but when he sends the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, so that you may have strength to endure it.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 1 Cor. 10:13;

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks macca. :angel: That Word really works.
macca wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:40 pm

God will be true to you, and will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength; but when he sends the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, so that you may have strength to endure it.

Hill Top
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:

Your version of the KJV bible makes it look like God is sending the temptation.
KJV..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

It is written..."Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:" (James 1:13)
I don't care for your translation.

macca

Post by macca »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 pm
macca wrote:

Your version of the KJV bible makes it look like God is sending the temptation.
KJV..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

It is written..."Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:" (James 1:13)
I don't care for your translation.
Well picked up Hilltop. :angel:
That verse is from " The Twentieth Century New Testament" 1901...
Even more confusing is their writing of James 1:13;
No one should ever say in the hour of temptation-" It is God who is tempting me!" For God, who cannot be tempted to do wrong, does not himself tempt any one.....

Here we have a clear contradiction of scripture in this bible....proving Christians should have a good working knowledge of the written Word of God.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:

Yeah I agree with you and Hilltop - Billy I think you must have posted before you read it.

The Amplified Bible reads:

"1 Corinthians 10:13 (AMP) 13 For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin),"

Of course the "enticing to sin" alerts you at once that it could NOT be "but when he sends the temptation,"

AND although the Century Version is a bit different than the one you quoted you can see an interesting Bible page here that has the translation: https://www.stepbible.org/?q=version=Tw ... ons=HVLGUN

This passage aside... the www.stepbible.org site works very well with other translations and hebrew and greek... one of the best I have seen and very easy to use.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca

Post by macca »

Thanks for that Leon....the one I quoted from was the original version, there was a revised version in 1904. And again in 1910.

Another strange verse I found is 1 Cor. 15:39; 44-45;
Animal life is not all of the same kind, but there is one kind for men, another for beasts, another for birds, and another for fishes.

That which is sown is an animal body, that which rises is a spiritual body.
As surely as there is an animal body, so there is also a spiritual body.
Scripture says the same,,,,, Adam, the first man, became a being with animal life...

The translaters seem to be influenced by Darwin in calling man an animal...confusing the Greek word starx....flesh.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am
Thanks for that Leon....the one I quoted from was the original version, there was a revised version in 1904. And again in 1910.

Another strange verse I found is 1 Cor. 15:39; 44-45;
Animal life is not all of the same kind, but there is one kind for men, another for beasts, another for birds, and another for fishes.

That which is sown is an animal body, that which rises is a spiritual body.
As surely as there is an animal body, so there is also a spiritual body.
Scripture says the same,,,,, Adam, the first man, became a being with animal life...

The translaters seem to be influenced by Darwin in calling man an animal...confusing the Greek word starx....flesh.
Yeah a lot of translations never put out a "fixed" version that never changes for years and sometimes never.

NOW I am no fan of the "20th Century NT" at all - in fact never heard of it until today.

BUT they changed those verses as well:

1 Corinthians 15:39 All forms of life are not the same; there is one for men, another for beasts, another for birds, and another for fishes.
40 There are heavenly bodies, and earthly bodies; but the beauty of the heavenly bodies is not the beauty of the earthly.
41 There is a beauty of the sun, and a beauty of the moon, and a beauty of the stars; for even star differs from star in beauty.
42 It is the same with the resurrection of the dead. Sown a mortal body, it rises immortal; sown disfigured, it rises beautiful;
43 Sown weak, it rises strong; sown a human body, it rises a spiritual body.
44 As surely as there is a human body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 That is what is meant by the words--'Adam, the first man, became a human being';the last Adam became a Life-giving spirit.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Your right Pastor Bible.
Thank you for the heads up. :o
THE NASB 1977 reads "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man;And God is faithful,who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also,that you may be able to endure it."
bibleman wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:01 am
macca wrote:

Yeah I agree with you and Hilltop - Billy I think you must have posted before you read it.

The Amplified Bible reads:

"1 Corinthians 10:13 (AMP) 13 For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin),"

Of course the "enticing to sin" alerts you at once that it could NOT be "but when he sends the temptation,"

AND although the Century Version is a bit different than the one you quoted you can see an interesting Bible page here that has the translation: https://www.stepbible.org/?q=version=Tw ... ons=HVLGUN

This passage aside... the www.stepbible.org site works very well with other translations and hebrew and greek... one of the best I have seen and very easy to use.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I read it pretty fast.I thought it was a new version or a paraphrase of some kind.
I like the KJV or NASB the best.

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:50 pm
Thanks macca. :angel: That Word really works.
macca wrote:

macca

Post by macca »

Yep, The KJV is king....I read the NKJV a lot.