Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat do you think of this?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: What do you think of this?

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Bible
DARB Galatians c,d,e

Page 207 talks about being born again more than once.

I know Reverend Dake was RIGHT.

He was right always.I am the failure.Not the man of God.

bibleman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:51 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:28 am
I know what he taught.I got my first Dake Bible in 1977.

Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God.Notes on Galatians 4:19.So for example ifsay Reverend ? would miss it and lose his temper on his wife then he confesses it he gets born again again again again again again again again again again again again again again....

I must say humbly that i do not believe that.
I think :
" If you sin after you are born again,you can confess your sins and God will forgive you (1 John 1:9).But you aren't born again a second time.No one is ever born again twice.If you were born again every time your your sins were forgiven ,some people would be born again a million times.You can't be made a new creature more than once."
page 6 " The Present Day Ministry Of Jesus Christ " by Reverend Kenneth E.Hagin.
This slimline book is sold @www.DakeBible.com.

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:34 am
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:06 am
NO ONE in any of the major Churches teach sinless perfection.Not one.

Only the fringes go to extremes about sinless perfection(and many other odd ball doctrines)
Every preacher i know of who taught it has had a major public fall.

NONE of the Church Fathers taught it.The Bible does not teach it.

It comes from the PRIDE of fallen man who does not want to bow the knees and acknowledge his/her own exceeding sinfulness his/her own utter helplessness and utter hopelessness and his/her complete need for the Lord Jesus Christ.

"JESUS PAID IT ALL,ALL TO HIM I OWE ,SIN HAD LEFT A CRIMSON STAIN ,HE WASHED IT WHITE AS SNOW."

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 pm
I just got a one month vacation from a different "Christian Forum".
Why?
Because I was discussing sinless perfection, which was against their rules.
Do you all think that such a rule is..."Christian"?
BTW, I had over three thousand posts there, over a couple of years.
I usually 'couched' my mentioning of sinless perfection with innuendos, synonyms, and invitations to go to PM ing.
I knew their rules, but as something like declaring the actions of God are not legislated against from heaven, I was forced to skirt them.
Comments?
Dake taught it.
Where in the world did you come up with this? "Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God."

I have never seen that before.

I think you need to read Dake again.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

PHIL
You are very wrong about that.
Reverend Dake taught a form of sinless perfection

BUT he also taught that believers

can sin backslide fail God and miss the mark....

You need to get Dake Bible.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

The man i am named after is the Prophet William Marrion Branham.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 am
Reverend Bible
DARB Galatians c,d,e

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God.Notes on Galatians 4:19.So for example ifsay Reverend ? would miss it and lose his temper on his wife then he confesses it he gets born again again again again again again again again again again again again again again....

I think :
" If you sin after you are born again,you can confess your sins and God will forgive you (1 John 1:9).But you aren't born again a second time.No one is ever born again twice.If you were born again every time your your sins were forgiven ,some people would be born again a million times.You can't be made a new creature more than once."
page 6 " The Present Day Ministry Of Jesus Christ " by Reverend Kenneth E.Hagin.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Only the fringes go to extremes about sinless perfection(and many other odd ball doctrines)

It comes from the PRIDE of fallen man who does not want to bow the knees and acknowledge his/her own exceeding sinfulness his/her own utter helplessness and utter hopelessness and his/her complete need for the Lord Jesus Christ.

"JESUS PAID IT ALL,ALL TO HIM I OWE ,SIN HAD LEFT A CRIMSON STAIN ,HE WASHED IT WHITE AS SNOW."

Hill Top wrote:
Why?
I usually 'couched' my mentioning of sinless perfection with innuendos, synonyms, and invitations to go to PM ing.
I knew their rules, but as something like declaring the actions of God are not legislated against from heaven, I was forced to skirt them.
Comments?
Dake taught it.
Where in the world did you come up with this? "Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God."

Billy of course Dake taught a man can be born again more than once....

What I was questioning was your statement: "Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God."

Dake did not teach that you get born again "again" when you commit a NON-Death penalty sin... only Death penalty sins.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 am

What I was questioning was your statement: "Reverend Dake taught that a person is born again every time they sin and confess it to God."

Dake did not teach that you get born again "again" when you commit a NON-Death penalty sin... only Death penalty sins.
How can that possibly be true in light of 1 John 3:9?
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Those born of God can't commit sin because His seed is in them.
Apple trees can't suddenly start to bear potatoes or cherries.
God's seed can't suddenly start bearing liars or thieves.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 pm
bibleman wrote:

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
A person who is born of God does not "practice" sin.

1 John 3:9 (AMP) 9 No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

But that be as it may when a person gets off the word and sins they are no longer born again.

As long as the seed remains in them they of course do not make a practice of sin.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 am
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

1 John 3:9 (AMP) 9 No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

But that be as it may when a person gets off the word and sins they are no longer born again.

As long as the seed remains in them they of course do not make a practice of sin.
We have been on this merry-go-round with HT. The one out of context misunderstood scripture he has used to build an entire false doctrine and cannot move to any wisdom from God beyond that understanding.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

You are correct, just as apple trees don't "practice" bringing forth potatoes.
That is kind of a long way of saying "won't commit sin"; don't you think?
As God's seed inside of them would have prohibited sin, it is clear any sinner is not born of God's seed.
Correct.
I agree.
Thanks be to God for the graceful gift of a way to kill the old man and be "raised with Christ to walk in newness of life".
We can now remain reborn of God's seed till He calls us home.
Otherwise, we could have just converted to Judaism for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly atonements for "practiced" sin.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:21 am
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

We have been on this merry-go-round with HT. The one out of context misunderstood scripture he has used to build an entire false doctrine and cannot move to any wisdom from God beyond that understanding.
God's wisdom has provided evidence that we can live according to Godliness.
Any wisdom that counters our Lord's graceful gifts is not of God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

When i was married we attended a church (church of Christ)that taught they were the ONLY true church :shocked!: And that believers will burn in hell for all sins ...omission ,commission,weakness of the flesh and ignorance.
So if you live as best you can and have a sin of ignorance in your life you go to hell.
We left it.
One prominent leader of this group teaches mental adultery as grounds for divorce.

No wonder people are leaving the churches.
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 am
Reverend Bible
DARB Galatians c,d,e

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

I think :

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Hill Top wrote:
Why?
Comments?
Dake taught it.

Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.