Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat do you think of this?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

What do you think of this?

Post by Hill Top »

I just got a one month vacation from a different "Christian Forum".
Why?
Because I was discussing sinless perfection, which was against their rules.
Do you all think that such a rule is..."Christian"?
BTW, I had over three thousand posts there, over a couple of years.
I usually 'couched' my mentioning of sinless perfection with innuendos, synonyms, and invitations to go to PM ing.
I knew their rules, but as something like declaring the actions of God are not legislated against from heaven, I was forced to skirt them.
Comments?

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: What do you think of this?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Vacations are nice.

If they don't want to discuss it, why would you like to bother them about it?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:50 pm
Vacations are nice.

If they don't want to discuss it, why would you like to bother them about it?
Because there are some on their site that are very interested in obeying God perfectly.
I know that God can and will get the truly interested ones to the right place for their continuing education in the doctrine which is according to Godliness, but I was hoping to expound on more to them.
It is the moderators who won't allow the discussions, not the posters.

I miss going there in hope of finding others of like mind as myself.

Spiritblade Disciple

Interesting.

Ever thought of hosting your own website or discussion board as an hub for like minded folks to find and discuss things?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

NO ONE in any of the major Churches teach sinless perfection.Not one.

Only the fringes go to extremes about sinless perfection(and many other odd ball doctrines)
Every preacher i know of who taught it has had a major public fall.

NONE of the Church Fathers taught it.The Bible does not teach it.

It comes from the PRIDE of fallen man who does not want to bow the knees and acknowledge his/her own exceeding sinfulness his/her own utter helplessness and utter hopelessness and his/her complete need for the Lord Jesus Christ.

"JESUS PAID IT ALL,ALL TO HIM I OWE ,SIN HAD LEFT A CRIMSON STAIN ,HE WASHED IT WHITE AS SNOW."

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 pm
I just got a one month vacation from a different "Christian Forum".
Why?
Because I was discussing sinless perfection, which was against their rules.
Do you all think that such a rule is..."Christian"?
BTW, I had over three thousand posts there, over a couple of years.
I usually 'couched' my mentioning of sinless perfection with innuendos, synonyms, and invitations to go to PM ing.
I knew their rules, but as something like declaring the actions of God are not legislated against from heaven, I was forced to skirt them.
Comments?
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spiritblade Disciple

Pastor Joey Faust, author of The Rod: Will God Spare It?: An Exhaustive Study of Temporary Punishment for Christians, was recently on Dr. Kent Hovind's Youtube broadcast. Faust presented some of his understanding of a middle road between lawless once saved always saved and conditional security (which some call sinless perfection). Hovind said that although he didn't like what Faust had to say, he could not refute it. Faust claims that many famous and not so famous Christians throughout the past 2,000 years have shared or somewhat shared this view. His book gives quotations from many of them as well as over 1,000 scripture references.

I have read Faust's book at least twice, but had almost forgotten about it until seeing this broadcast.
If you take the time to listen, please let me know your thoughts.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

It is very easy to refute SP or anything like it.

I have NEVER met a perfect person on this earth be it Pastor,Priest or otherwise.

Oh there have been many say they were but it did not prove to be so in the REAL WORLD.

I am watching a series on Cults and Extreme Beliefs on AE.

The sociologist a PHD in Cult Research says people in cults practice what is called

"COGNITIVE DISSONANCE" :| :|

How fascinating!!! Many religious people are practicing this everyday of their lives.

Spiritblade Disciple

Cognitive dissonance is extremely common, both among the religious and non-religious.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:48 am
Cognitive dissonance is extremely common, both among the religious and non-religious.
WOW I had to look that one up....

But it seems James described "Cognitive dissonance" to a T!

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:24 pm
Interesting.

Ever thought of hosting your own website or discussion board as an hub for like minded folks to find and discuss things?
I have, but am not knowledgeable enough to initiate such a task.
Good idea though, and one I hadn't considered for quite some time.