- Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
- Posts: 817
- Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm
In the last days your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will have visions and your old men will have dreams, Acts C. 2.
- Posts: 3101
- Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
- Location: South Carolina
Time Passages of DanielSt. Christopher wrote: ↑Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:36 pmIn Daniel 8:14 it refers to 2,300. Some say it should be 1,150 as half the amount taking into consideration that there was two sacrifrices daily... the evening and morning sacrifice. However, it says two thousand and three hundred evening AND morning... where evening and morning looks like it should be one unit. Not, 1,150 evenings and 1,150 mornings. I have my GPFM and Revelation Expounded book but my Dake Bible is somewhere in a box in the basement and I can't get to it right now. No information on this specifically in the books. Anyone, can you please tell me what Dake says in the annotated bible note for 2,300?
At the end of the 2,300 evenings and mornings (3 years, 2 months, and 10 days; Dan. 8:11-13,26) the sanctuary shall be cleansed of the abomination of desolation (Dan. 8:13-14; 9:27; 11:45; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; 2Th. 2:4; Rev. 13:11-18). No scripture says that the abomination of desolation will actually be in the temple 1,260 days. So, if Dan. 8:14 says the daily sacrifices will be taken away after 2,300 evenings and mornings this settles the question, and we have to guess about the additional 110 days making up the 1,260 days of the whole period.
Note All the Time Passages:
1. War on the saints and having power to change the times and laws will last exactly 3 1/2 years (Dan. 7:25).
2. The daily sacrifices (evening and morning, Dan. 8:26) being cut off and the transgression of desolation will last 2,300 evenings and mornings (1,150 days) or 3 years, 2 months, and 10 days (Dan. 8:14).
3. In the midst of the week (7 years) Antichrist shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (Dan. 9:27). It seems that the sacrifices will cease by the middle of Daniel's 70th week or at the beginning of the 1,260 days.
4. He shall make it desolate, "even until the consummation" (Dan. 9:27). This indicates until the age ends or until the full end of that which is determined to be poured out upon the one making the temple desolate; but it does not necessarily refer to the last day of the period. The end of cutting off the daily sacrifices could be 110 days before the actual judgment upon the Antichrist who is making the temple desolate.
5. All things shall be finished at the end of 3 1/2 years or the 1,260 days (Dan. 12:7), but the cleansing of the temple of the abomination could be 110 days before this (Dan. 8:14).
6. From the time the daily sacrifice shall be taken away shall be 1,290 days (Dan. 12:11) and 1,335 days (Dan. 12:12). This is an additional 30 and 75 days to the 1,260 (see notes, Dan. 12:7-13). It is again emphasized that the daily sacrifices will be taken away at the beginning of the 1,260 and 1,290 day periods.
7. When you shall see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel (Mt. 24:15; Dan. 8:14; 9:27; 12:7-11), THEN let the Jews flee into the mountains (Mt. 24:16-21). They will flee for the whole 1,260 days (Rev. 12:6,14). Again it is clear that the daily sacrifices will be taken away at the beginning of the 1,260 days, so the 110 days before the end of this period for the cleansing of the sanctuary must be at the end of the 1,150 days (Dan. 8:14).
8. The temple will be given to the Gentiles, and the holy city they shall tread underfoot 42 months (Rev. 11:1-2). It does not say here how long the temple will be desolate during these 42 months, so we have to rely again upon the 2,300 evenings and mornings of Dan. 8:13-14 for this information. The city being trodden underfoot 42 months could simply mean that the city will not be completely rid of Gentile dominion until the 42 months are up. It does not say that the Jews could not, by the help of the 2 witnesses of Rev. 11 and by other means, get control of the city the last 110 days before it is finally delivered from the Gentiles. It is clear from Zech. 14:1-5,14 that the Jews do get back into the city at the end of these 42 months. It must be remembered that Antichrist by this time will have been at war with Russia, Germany, and other northern nations for nearly 42 months (Dan. 11:44). It may be that he will need all the available manpower of his armies to conquer these countries and will take most of the army from Jerusalem and Palestine. This would so weaken him in Palestine that the Jews could gain control of the city again. It is certain that they will be in the city by the time the Antichrist conquers the enemies of the north and east, for he will then gather his vast armies against Jerusalem to battle to retake the city and exterminate the Jews. Half of Jerusalem will be taken again by him before Christ suddenly appears in the heavens with all the saints to deliver Jerusalem and the Jews from the Gentile armies at Armageddon (Zech. 14:1-5,14; Joel 3; Rev. 19:11-21). This could explain the 110 days short of the 1,260 days of the whole period (Dan. 8:13-14).
9. The two witnesses will prophesy and do miracles to protect Israel and win her to God again for 1,260 days (Rev. 11:3-11). With their help, it can be seen how the Jews could get control of Jerusalem again for the last 110 days of this period. They will be the leaders of Israel during this time like Moses and Aaron were when Israel came out of Egypt (Ezek. 20:33-38; Mal. 4:5-6; Rev. 11).
10. Israel will flee into the wilderness for 1,260 days (Rev. 12:6). This will exclude the remnant of the woman who remain in the land (Rev. 12:17) and many of the Jews who will return to get control of the city the last 110 days while Antichrist is in a death struggle with his enemies in the north and east (Dan. 11:44).
11. The time Israel flees from Judea into the mountains is stated as being a time (1 year), times (2 years), and half a time (1/2 year). She is helped by the Arabs during this time (Rev. 12:14). One thing is certain: Judah will have an army fighting at Jerusalem when Antichrist comes down from the north (Ezek. 38-39) to retake Jerusalem (Zech. 14:14).
12. Antichrist will be given power over the nations for 42 months (Rev. 13:5). The 12 scriptures of this study are all that mention a definite time element in Daniel and Revelation. All refer to the 3 1/2 years, 1,260 days, or 42 months except Dan. 8:13-14, which gives 3 years, 2 months, and 10 days, or 110 days short of the 1,260-day period of the other passages. With these facts in mind we can see how the sanctuary could be cleansed 110 days earlier than the complete liberation of Jerusalem at the end of the 1,260 days. At least, nothing is said in any one of these 12 passages to indicate that the daily sacrifice will be cut off and the abomination of desolation placed in the sanctuary for the full 1,260 days.
The only other theory is that the 2,300 days mean 3 years, 2 months and 10 days that Antiochus Epiphanes made the temple desolate, 165 B.C., and that this is a type of the future Syrian king making the temple desolate. However, since there are no grounds for inserting him into this plain revelation of events in connection with the little horn or future Antichrist, we must dismiss this theory. Only one man is involved in the language of Dan. 8:9-14,23-25, so it is unscriptural to insert Antiochus Epiphanes or any second man into the picture.
Since this is true, and since it is unscriptural to make the 2,300 days mean years, we conclude that they will be literally fulfilled with the cutting off of 2,300 evening and morning sacrifices in the future Jewish temple by the coming Antichrist.
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 8".
The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note