Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe strange disposal of Mark 16:9-20

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The strange disposal of Mark 16:9-20

Post by branham1965 »

I was astounded that many modern Bible versions emit these verses.

What do you think about this ???

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: The strange disposal of Mark 16:9-20

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Which versions omit them?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

The recent New World Translation removed them.

The recent New International Version does not remove them but has them in italics. like they are not Scripture.

I read the ORTHODOX STUDY BIBLE and it affirms that they are true because

THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS SAY SO.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spiritblade Disciple

I don't honestly consider the New World Translation to be a Bible, Billy.

The NIV still includes the verses. However, it is admitting that not all manuscripts have these verses. When I looked into the matter, I found that this was the case, but that doesn't mean that these verses are not trustworthy.

Do any reliable translations actually omit them?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:14 pm
I was astounded that many modern Bible versions emit these verses.

What do you think about this ???
It is the devil's attempt to eliminate Godliness from Christianity.
Another item to check for authenticity of a version of a bible is 2 Tim 3:17..."That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
The versions that dilute Godliness translate "perfect" into "complete", which would make the rest of the verse redundant..."thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
So it looks like they are completely complete.
But not perfect.

Spiritblade Disciple

Another Check: 2nd Tim. 3:17 "thoroughly" v. "throughly"

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:51 pm
Another item to check for authenticity of a version of a bible is 2 Tim 3:17..."That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
I know folks that would never accept a book as the Bible if it used the word "thoroughly" in 2nd Timothy 3:17. They would say that that is a corruption of the text and that it should be spelled "throughly" as it appears in the Cambridge King James Version of 1900.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

EVERY modern version includes the verses with QUESTIONS. :neutral:

It cause the neophyte to question the Bible!!!

REVEREND DAKE :angel: himself believed Mark 16:9-20 ARE HOLY SCRIPTURE.

The Early Church Fathers accepted them as Holy Scripture.