Dake Bible Discussion BoardMAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Frank Turek is a False Teacher

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:47 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:24 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm
Careful, Frank Turek is a false teacher.
I suspected you would consider him to be a false teacher.
Can you tell us why?
Is there anyone out there whom you would consider to be a true teacher, who is well known?
Thank you.
No.
Hill Top my friend let me ask: Do you consider yourself to be a "true teacher?"
Absolutely.
I don't attempt to teach on every topic, but those I do teach on are in the advancement of truth.
SO I guess that means that you alone are the only true teacher you know... right?
The subjects I am aware of that HT post about he should never teach since he does not understand them. He struggles with some basic things. HT may be a teacher, but he is not a teacher approved of God. Ability rarely equates to wisdom.

Reminds me of so many of the unapproved teachers of the bible roaming about today teaching as if they have a "lock" on understanding certain things of God. Just because a man is able to teach, does not mean he should teach.

As it states in Timothy "study to show yourself approved unto God a workman that need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth..." If you don't have truth, you have not come to a place to handle it correctly as we see with HT. Untruth taught can eat away on those that are not diligent to study and mislead them.

Those that are wrongly dividing/handling God's word, are certainly not approved by God to do so. The last thing HT should do is teach. How can the unlearned teach and not be subverting many of those that hear? It simply overthrows the faith of many and often can turn them from God. The responsibility and judgment of a teacher is great.

I remember back about 35 years ago how I thought I knew so much and somehow God gave me a lock on the truth and was the teacher of God's word. Now I look back and realize just how wrong I was. I have been consumed for the last roughly 25 years with the realization and vastness of what I do not know about God and exactly why I realized I was not ready to teach.

The fact is I should have been ashamed and humbled, but I had little to no wisdom at that time. A man might have knowledge and even a degree of understanding, yet without the wisdom of God to handle that knowledge and understanding he is basically nothing and roams around in ignorance.

I remember what happened to Moses when he thought he was going to be a great leader and doing God's work. He went off "half-cocked" as they say and yet he found out the hard way "Who died and left you boss?" when he fled. It is a good study in learning what it means to do something for God such as teaching or leading others.

Moses found out 40 years later, yes 40 years later, from God that he was finally ready to lead. Consider 40 years later is a long time, yet we somehow think we are ready. How many today wait until they are ready and are sure they are approved as a workman rightly handling God's word?

Many today would do well to study Moses story and take heed before they go off teaching and leading others. Maybe that would change their point of view some and they would seek His wisdom first.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:20 am
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Is there anyone out there whom you would consider to be a true teacher, who is well known?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.
I don't attempt to teach on every topic, but those I do teach on are in the advancement of truth.
SO I guess that means that you alone are the only true teacher you know... right?
The subjects I am aware of that HT post about he should never teach since he does not understand them. He struggles with some basic things. HT may be a teacher, but he is not a teacher approved of God. Ability rarely equates to wisdom.

Reminds me of so many of the unapproved teachers of the bible roaming about today teaching as if they have a "lock" on understanding certain things of God. Just because a man is able to teach, does not mean he should teach.

As it states in Timothy "study to show yourself approved unto God a workman that need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth..." If you don't have truth, you have not come to a place to handle it correctly as we see with HT. Untruth taught can eat away on those that are not diligent to study and mislead them.

Those that are wrongly dividing/handling God's word, are certainly not approved by God to do so. The last thing HT should do is teach. How can the unlearned teach and not be subverting many of those that hear? It simply overthrows the faith of many and often can turn them from God. The responsibility and judgment of a teacher is great.

I remember back about 35 years ago how I thought I knew so much and somehow God gave me a lock on the truth and was the teacher of God's word. Now I look back and realize just how wrong I was. I have been consumed for the last roughly 25 years with the realization and vastness of what I do not know about God and exactly why I realized I was not ready to teach.

The fact is I should have been ashamed and humbled, but I had little to no wisdom at that time. A man might have knowledge and even a degree of understanding, yet without the wisdom of God to handle that knowledge and understanding he is basically nothing and roams around in ignorance.

I remember what happened to Moses when he thought he was going to be a great leader and doing God's work. He went off "half-cocked" as they say and yet he found out the hard way "Who died and left you boss?" when he fled. It is a good study in learning what it means to do something for God such as teaching or leading others.

Moses found out 40 years later, yes 40 years later, from God that he was finally ready to lead. Consider 40 years later is a long time, yet we somehow think we are ready. How many today wait until they are ready and are sure they are approved as a workman rightly handling God's word?

Many today would do well to study Moses story and take heed before they go off teaching and leading others. Maybe that would change their point of view some and they would seek His wisdom first.
Moses is a great example of a man that wanted to help but was wrong in his methods and thankfully after God dealt with him for 40 years he was a great vessel for the Lord!

I pray we can all be like Moses in learning and then allowing God to change us.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.
Not at all, as I had to hear it from somebody else.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.

Do you consider yourself 100% full of wisdom and unable to learn anything else?
Even that you may still be in error on certain topics?

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:00 am
I consider wisdom from God much like knowledge and understanding to be about growing in them. I consider myself very limited in God's wisdom. I don't know if I have scratched the surface. I may hold a position on a topic, yet I am fully aware I may be in error about it.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:21 am
Hill Top wrote:
I consider wisdom from God much like knowledge and understanding to be about growing in them. I consider myself very limited in God's wisdom. I don't know if I have scratched the surface. I may hold a position on a topic, yet I am fully aware I may be in error about it.
That must be so uncomfortable.
It is written..."For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor 2:16)

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 am
luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.

Moses is a great example of a man that wanted to help but was wrong in his methods and thankfully after God dealt with him for 40 years he was a great vessel for the Lord!

I pray we can all be like Moses in learning and then allowing God to change us.
A hearty Amen to you sir!

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:21 am
Hill Top wrote:
That must be so uncomfortable.
It is written..."For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor 2:16)
Not really uncomfortable at all, I believe His wisdom is to be grown in as scripture illustrates and I have grown immensely over the last 45 years, yet if one thing I have learned is how far reaching God's wisdom is.

Word up!

branham1965

Re: MAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks luchnia for the words.

branham1965

Re: Turek: What About Those Who Never Heard

Post by branham1965 »

I found this to be interesting.
dolph wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm
Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Frank Turek, whom I first heard of through Hill Top, on the topic.
The question still remains, Why would God start the "game" if he knew most would be tortured eternally?

Wouldn't the standard way of grading as in school be more fair?