Dake Bible Discussion BoardMAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Re: Turek: What About Those Who Never Heard

Post by dolph »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Frank Turek, whom I first heard of through Hill Top, on the topic.
The question still remains, Why would God start the "game" if he knew most would be tortured eternally?

Wouldn't the standard way of grading as in school be more fair?

Spiritblade Disciple

The Question Still Remains

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

dolph wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm
The question still remains, Why would God start the "game" if he knew most would be tortured eternally?

You're right. The question does still remain.

I intend to give this question some additional thought. It is a question that I have wrestled with, myself.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: The Question Still Remains

dolph wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm

What is fair?

It would be entirely fair if no one was saved and all were tortured forever. No one deserves salvation. The standard is absolutely perfect righteousness and God-like glory.

However, would it be fair to God to deny Him the right to have those who would love and enjoy Him forever from this creation? Should He be denied those relationships, just because most of those who are part of this creation must needs be damned?

Concerning the damned... Why should He be denied the right to demonstrate His wrath and make His power known? If an earthly king can heat up a furnace seven times hotter than it needed to be in an attempt to burn up those who wouldn't obey his flawed commands, why should God be denied the right to burn those that reject His rightful rule?

In order to get the pearl that He sought, He needed to buy the field. In order to catch the fish that He was after, He had to catch some bad fish, too.

Part of Branham's doctrines related to this is his doctrine of the Serpent's Seed. Remember the parable of the wheat and the tares. Who planted the tares? What if Branham was right and there are those that are of the Serpent's Seed and only those will be damned? What if all of the wheat that God planted will be saved?

Strangely, this sounds like Calvinism, in some ways. But, before rejecting it because it sounds like Calvinism, remember that all Arminians are Calvinists, but not all Calvinists are Arminians. Arminianism is a subset of Calvinism.

And, with that... I was reminded of a sermon earlier today. It's an old sermon that I've heard spoken of but have never read in its entirety. But, now there is a recording of it available on YouTube. Jonathan Edwards' Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God.

There is an introduction at the beginning of this video that mentions the Mayflower Compact. You may be interested in listening to the introduction, too. The sound quality improves a bit after the initial few minutes.

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

Re: Frank Turek is a False Teacher

Post by Hill Top »

Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm
Careful, Frank Turek is a false teacher.
I suspected you would consider him to be a false teacher.
Can you tell us why?
Is there anyone out there whom you would consider to be a true teacher, who is well known?
Thank you.
No.

Spiritblade Disciple

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:24 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Is there anyone out there whom you would consider to be a true teacher, who is well known?
Thank you.
No.
I didn't think that there was anyone out there that is well known that teaches as you do concerning water baptism and sin. I don't think Turek teaches that. I've listened to a few of his videos and read a little about his ministry and didn't see anything close to what you teach concerning these things. So, that's why I didn't think you would consider him to be a true teacher.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Hill Top my friend let me ask: Do you consider yourself to be a "true teacher?"

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

Post by Hill Top »

Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
I didn't think that there was anyone out there that is well known that teaches as you do concerning water baptism and sin. I don't think Turek teaches that. I've listened to a few of his videos and read a little about his ministry and didn't see anything close to what you teach concerning these things. So, that's why I didn't think you would consider him to be a true teacher.
OK,Thanks.
I really admired Frank's apologetic ministry, as he is quite able to prove the existence of God, and other things; but he has actually said nobody can live without sin, on TV.
That serves nobody but the devil.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.
I don't attempt to teach on every topic, but those I do teach on are in the advancement of truth.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: MAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

Post by branham1965 »

REVEREND DAKE taught

Christians must live holy pure and clean.

He also taught that people need to be born again by the Spirit of God.

He also taught water baptism.

He taught receiving the Holy Spirit.

I believe what the man of God taught.

Please see God's Plan for Man and the Dake Bible.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri May 15, 2020 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Can you tell us why?
Thank you.
No.
Absolutely.
I don't attempt to teach on every topic, but those I do teach on are in the advancement of truth.
SO I guess that means that you alone are the only true teacher you know... right?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note