Dake Bible Discussion BoardMAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

MAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

Post by dolph »

If God has and had perfect foreknowledge and knew who would be saved and who would go to eternal torment and still hit the "start button" and God is perfect Love I can understand why William Branham believed in annihilationism.

People who choose not to believe in God would get what they say. What you say is what you believe and what you get. Otherwise how could a loving God send the vast majority of people to eternal torture?

Many are called but few are chosen. Would you start a world in which 97% would be tortured eternally, including people's mothers, sweet old grandmothers, wives? How about 70%? How about 30%? How about 1%? I wouldn't.

We don't have all the answers to the paradigm we're in. God didn't tell us everything. We don't even know where God draws the line between sins of damnation and much lesser sins like not saying "I love you" to your spouse more frequently.

Consider the millions of savages and Indians who have never heard of Jesus. Do they deserve Heaven and to be joint heirs with Christ? Maybe they will be reincarnated and given another chance to renew their minds. Or do you relegate them to Hell?

We haven't been given all the answers.

Before you reply with the standard answers put yourself in the shoes or moccasins of a loving Indian who lived in Ecuador 3,000 years ago. Oops, maybe I just answered my own question.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: MAYBE WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS RIGHT

Post by luchnia »

dolph wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:18 pm
If God has and had perfect foreknowledge and knew who would be saved and who would go to eternal torment and still hit the "start button" and God is perfect Love I can understand why William Branham believed in annihilationism.

People who choose not to believe in God would get what they say. What you say is what you believe and what you get. Otherwise how could a loving God send the vast majority of people to eternal torture?

Many are called but few are chosen. Would you start a world in which 97% would be tortured eternally, including people's mothers, sweet old grandmothers, wives? How about 70%? How about 30%? How about 1%? I wouldn't.

We don't have all the answers to the paradigm we're in. God didn't tell us everything. We don't even know where God draws the line between sins of damnation and much lesser sins like not saying "I love you" to your spouse more frequently.

Consider the millions of savages and Indians who have never heard of Jesus. Do they deserve Heaven and to be joint heirs with Christ? Maybe they will be reincarnated and given another chance to renew their minds. Or do you relegate them to Hell?

We haven't been given all the answers.

Before you reply with the standard answers put yourself in the shoes or moccasins of a loving Indian who lived in Ecuador 3,000 years ago. Oops, maybe I just answered my own question.
Interesting thoughts. I would respond about "We haven't been given all the answers." this way, we have all the answers we need in God's word.

Also while reading this something you stated reminded me of something and that is that God wills that all men be saved. So His will is good and right and the question could be asked, will God not give every person a chance to be saved? I believe the answer to that is Yes.

Word up!

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

Thaks for not slamming me Luchnia.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

dolph wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:18 pm
Excellent line of thoughts.

To add to this, God didn't send Jesus to Sodom, but He did send Him to Capernaum. Yet, Capernaum didn't repent. Strangely, we're told that it will be better for Sodom on Judgment Day than Capernaum.

Perhaps, the Equadorian you imagine will have a more tolerable Judgment Day than those that have heard the Gospel and refused to obey it?

Remember, sometimes the job of the preacher isn't to convert the hearer, but to harden them against repentance.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

dolph

Post by dolph »

Not to put too fine a point on it, what about the Jews since Paul's day when God blinded their eyes?

Romans 11:7-10

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.9 And David says:“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

Perhaps this is directed to the Jews who personally rejected Christ until Paul's apostleship?!

Spiritblade Disciple

Perhaps, their judgment will be more tolerable since they were blinded?

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Spiritblade Disciple

Turek: What About Those Who Never Heard

Frank Turek, whom I first heard of through Hill Top, on the topic.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Turek: What About Those Who Never Heard

Post by luchnia »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Some very interesting viewpoints given.

Word up!

Hill Top
Whosoever shall Give to Drink unto One of These Little Ones a Cup of Cold Water Only in the Name of a Disciple, He shall in No Wise Lose His Reward

Frank Turek is a False Teacher

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Careful, Frank Turek is a false teacher.

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Frank Turek is a False Teacher

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm
Careful, Frank Turek is a false teacher.
I suspected you would consider him to be a false teacher.

Is there anyone out there whom you would consider to be a true teacher who is well known?

Thank you.