Dake Bible Discussion BoardTwo things that scripture teaches concerning sin and the saint:

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Two things that scripture teaches concerning sin and the saint:

Post by luchnia »

Dake elaborated and was very detailed his writings about these two things (I summarized the concepts):
1. That saints can fall away and sin and serve satan - some saints even fell away to the point of apostasy that there is no forgiveness granted no matter how much repentance.
2. That one committing sin is not a child of God.

With these two thoughts, what is it that makes men claim they are in sin and sinning and how has satan deceived them into thinking that way? Dake maintained that the saint was not in sin, nor sinning, and was holy. He recorded numerous scriptures to support his belief.

This has been brought up before, but it is amazing how many claim to believe as Dake did, yet disagree with him about this issue.

Here is what Dake had to state about people outside of Christ (those in sin). "The present state of every man outside of Christ is that of being depraved, polluted and corrupt in all his nature."

Here is something else that Dake stated, "I am fully aware that literally thousands of religious teachers are constantly saying that no man can live free from sin, that we are in sin every day, and that there is no man that does not sin every day he lives. One can see that this teaching is entirely out of harmony with the Bible... If these men sin every day, then they are sinners every day and there is no time that they are not sinners."

Dake also states, "Christ means nothing to them if they are sinners and if they cannot be saved from sin."

This begs the question, what does Christ mean to you if you are in sin?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Two things that scripture teaches concerning sin and the saint:

Post by branham1965 »

+backStaber

I will NEVER in my life cease to be amazed at people.Especially Christian people.
Any of us can point fingers at other people Romans 14:4

Answering Bible Questions by Finis Dake on youtube 48:00 minutes long. :angel: :angel:

luchnia wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:13 am
Dake elaborated and was very detailed his writings about these two things (I summarized the concepts):
1. That saints can fall away and sin and serve satan - some saints even fell away to the point of apostasy that there is no forgiveness granted no matter how much repentance.

With these two thoughts, what is it that makes men claim they are in sin and sinning and how has satan deceived them into thinking that way? Dake maintained that the saint was not in sin, nor sinning, and was holy. He recorded numerous scriptures to support his belief.

This has been brought up before, but it is amazing how many claim to believe as Dake did, yet disagree with him about this issue.

Here is what Dake had to state about people outside of Christ (those in sin). "The present state of every man outside of Christ is that of being depraved, polluted and corrupt in all his nature."

Here is something else that Dake stated, "I am fully aware that literally thousands of religious teachers are constantly saying that no man can live free from sin, that we are in sin every day, and that there is no man that does not sin every day he lives. One can see that this teaching is entirely out of harmony with the Bible... If these men sin every day, then they are sinners every day and there is no time that they are not sinners."

Dake also states, "Christ means nothing to them if they are sinners and if they cannot be saved from sin."

Last edited by branham1965 on Mon May 11, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm
+backStaber

I will NEVER in my life cease to be amazed at people.Especially Christian people.

Answering Bible Questions by Finis Dake on youtube 48:00 minutes long. :angel: :angel:

luchnia wrote:

I don't really understand your response. I think the questions I posed are relevant and important to this discussion.

I am not pointing fingers at Dake, other than just stating his position on this subject as it comes up often in this forum and few agree with him on it.

Since you don't agree with Dake on this subject, please share your beliefs about it for discussion and post scripture references to support your view.

In my opinion, Dake was pretty much spot on in his view on this subject and I mostly agree with him.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia,
I thought you were getting on me.If not then i really misunderstood you.

luchnia wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm
+backStaber

luchnia wrote:

I don't really understand your response. I think the questions I posed are relevant and important to this discussion.

I am not pointing fingers at Dake, other than just stating his position on this subject as it comes up often in this forum and few agree with him on it.

Since you don't agree with Dake on this subject, please share your beliefs about it for discussion and post scripture references to support your view.

In my opinion, Dake was pretty much spot on in his view on this subject and I mostly agree with him.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

It is written..."The wages of sin is death." (Rom 6:23)
There is no differentiation between major and minor sin, or between death penalty-sins and non death-penalty sins.
A death penalty sin is one you don't quit doing.
Repentance from sin makes one an ex-sinner...or else the repentance from sin was a lie to God.
And we can't forge a relationship with God that is based on a lie.