Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Manifest Sons of God

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

Re: For His Seed Remaineth IN Him?

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:47 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 pm
It isn't complicated, but the "seed parable" confronts an entirely different situation than does John's thesis.
"...confronts an entirely different situation..." not surprising, but fascinating how you constantly change scripture concepts to support your pov. Why not simply believe what Jesus and John said knowing that John did not teach contrary to what Jesus taught?
Their teachings are not "contrary" to one another, but supportive.
Jesus says who will bear fruit, and John says who has born fruit unto God.
BTW in the parable of the sower there are some important words about each "he" Jesus spoke about and that is that they "received seed." It is what they did with the seed after receiving it that was the problem that caused it to be stolen by the evil one. Show a scripture in John's "different situation" that indicates the seed of God cannot be stolen by the evil one. Correct, it isn't there.
There is one, 1 John 3:9..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Another is 2 Peter 1:10..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
And...""Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
And..."
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
He that is begotten of God keepeth himself...
He that is not begotten of God doesn't.
If you will understand 1 John chapter 3:1-10 you can receive light on this and see how it relates and supports exactly what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower and is in no way a "different situation" as you put it.
The parable of the sower is about who WILL bring forth fruit unto God.
John's letter is about those that HAVE or have not brought forth fruit unto God.
Consider how learning something that is incorrect and constantly reinforcing something incorrect, it never becomes correct, yet becomes your truth.

A simple example such as someone teaches you to swing a hammer at a nail by hitting it from the side and bending the nail each time you swing the hammer. They are a bad teacher and have given you incorrect information, yet because you don't see the error of the teacher and that is the wrong way to hit a nail, you continue to practice that until you got it down and can bend every nail you hit.

I won't belabor this, you have been shown scripture in 1 John and other text that refutes your doctrine on this and yet you hold strong which is your right and there is something to be said for persistence, yet a man can be persistent and still drive nails from the side and bend all of them never able to build anything with a hammer.

I disagree with your view of this and it is my opinion the word of God is clearly contrary to your view in many places. A farmer that has no clue about farming, need not plant seed. As the old saying goes, "To each his own."
Jesus said the seed, in the parable of the sower, was the word of God.
In 1 John 3:9, it is God Himself's seed.

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: I Have None of His Writings

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:02 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:59 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:03 pm
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Which part of that don't you believe?
Have you looked at Dake's notes on 1st John 3:9?
No, as I have none of his writings...only some videos.
OK. I think you're missing out on a lot of helpful background information. However, the videos that are now online are extremely throrough for many of the subjects that are covered.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward

Post by Hill Top »

Sat May 16, 2020 1:00 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
OK. I think you're missing out on a lot of helpful background information. However, the videos that are now online are extremely thorough for many of the subjects that are covered.
If rev. Dake's notes counter the obvious meaning of 1 John 3:9...I can pass on reading them.
Do they?

Spiritblade Disciple

Kill the Seed of Adam; Be Reborn of God

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote:
It is necessary to kill the seed of Adam so one can be reborn of God.

1. And, in your understanding, the only way to kill the seed of Adam is to be water baptized, correct?

2. And, is it impossible for the seeds to grow side-by-side until the Harvest?

Matthew 13:30 New King James Version
" ' Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' "

3. Is the "seed" in question equivalent to the human spirit in your view? What is the "seed"?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
OK. I think you're missing out on a lot of helpful background information. However, the videos that are now online are extremely thorough for many of the subjects that are covered.
If rev. Dake's notes counter the obvious meaning of 1 John 3:9...I can pass on reading them.
Do they?
They don't counter the obvious meaning, however they may counter your meaning.

Word up!

Hill Top

Re: Kill the Seed of Adam; Be Reborn of God

Post by Hill Top »

Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm
Hill Top wrote:
It is necessary to kill the seed of Adam so one can be reborn of God.
1. And, in your understanding, the only way to kill the seed of Adam is to be water baptized, correct?
That is how we are crucified (with the affections and lusts) and buried with Christ. It is how we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
2. And, is it impossible for the seeds to grow side-by-side until the Harvest?
How can a vegetables, fruit, or man be of two different seeds at the same time?
It is impossible.
Matthew 13:30 New King James Version
" ' Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' "
3. Is the "seed" in question equivalent to the human spirit in your view? What is the "seed"?
No. it is different men.
The tares are men not of God's seed but of another, different, seed.
God isn't going to eliminate a "part" of a man at the return of the Lord after having already supplied the ways and means to eliminate the whole "old man" during one's previous life.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Do they?
"May" counter?
They may counter your POV.
How about posting them here?

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Do they?
"May" counter?
The reason for "may" is because I have not read Dake's notes on that verse recently. Chances are they will counter your POV. You are welcome to obtain the resources and study them for yourself.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:04 am
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

Do they?
"May" counter?
The reason for "may" is because I have not read Dake's notes on that verse recently. Chances are they will counter your POV. You are welcome to obtain the resources and study them for yourself.
I hope you aren't saying you don't believe 1 John 3:9 because of rev Dake's notes.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:04 am
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

Do they?
"May" counter?
I hope you aren't saying you don't believe 1 John 3:9 because of rev Dake's notes.
Not at all. I believe 1 Jn 3:9 in context.

Word up!