Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Manifest Sons of God

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: For His Seed Remaineth IN Him?

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 pm
It isn't complicated, but the "seed parable" confronts an entirely different situation than does John's thesis.
"...confronts an entirely different situation..." not surprising, but fascinating how you constantly change scripture concepts to support your pov. Why not simply believe what Jesus and John said knowing that John did not teach contrary to what Jesus taught?
Their teachings are not "contrary" to one another, but supportive.
Jesus says who will bear fruit, and John says who has born fruit unto God.
BTW in the parable of the sower there are some important words about each "he" Jesus spoke about and that is that they "received seed." It is what they did with the seed after receiving it that was the problem that caused it to be stolen by the evil one. Show a scripture in John's "different situation" that indicates the seed of God cannot be stolen by the evil one. Correct, it isn't there.
There is one, 1 John 3:9..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Another is 2 Peter 1:10..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
And...""Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
And..."
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
He that is begotten of God keepeth himself...
He that is not begotten of God doesn't.
If you will understand 1 John chapter 3:1-10 you can receive light on this and see how it relates and supports exactly what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower and is in no way a "different situation" as you put it.
The parable of the sower is about who WILL bring forth fruit unto God.
John's letter is about those that HAVE or have not brought forth fruit unto God.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
It isn't complicated, but the "seed parable" confronts an entirely different situation than does John's thesis.
"...confronts an entirely different situation..." not surprising, but fascinating how you constantly change scripture concepts to support your pov. Why not simply believe what Jesus and John said knowing that John did not teach contrary to what Jesus taught?
BTW in the parable of the sower there are some important words about each "he" Jesus spoke about and that is that they "received seed." It is what they did with the seed after receiving it that was the problem that caused it to be stolen by the evil one. Show a scripture in John's "different situation" that indicates the seed of God cannot be stolen by the evil one. Correct, it isn't there.
There is one, 1 John 3:9..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Another is 2 Peter 1:10..."Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
And...""Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
And..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
And..."
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
If you will understand 1 John chapter 3:1-10 you can receive light on this and see how it relates and supports exactly what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower and is in no way a "different situation" as you put it.
John's letter is about those that HAVE or have not brought forth fruit unto God.
Consider how learning something that is incorrect and constantly reinforcing something incorrect, it never becomes correct, yet becomes your truth.

A simple example such as someone teaches you to swing a hammer at a nail by hitting it from the side and bending the nail each time you swing the hammer. They are a bad teacher and have given you incorrect information, yet because you don't see the error of the teacher and that is the wrong way to hit a nail, you continue to practice that until you got it down and can bend every nail you hit.

I won't belabor this, you have been shown scripture in 1 John and other text that refutes your doctrine on this and yet you hold strong which is your right and there is something to be said for persistence, yet a man can be persistent and still drive nails from the side and bend all of them never able to build anything with a hammer.

I disagree with your view of this and it is my opinion the word of God is clearly contrary to your view in many places. A farmer that has no clue about farming, need not plant seed. As the old saying goes, "To each his own."

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:47 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:59 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
And..."
Consider how learning something that is incorrect and constantly reinforcing something incorrect, it never becomes correct, yet becomes your truth.

A simple example such as someone teaches you to swing a hammer at a nail by hitting it from the side and bending the nail each time you swing the hammer. They are a bad teacher and have given you incorrect information, yet because you don't see the error of the teacher and that is the wrong way to hit a nail, you continue to practice that until you got it down and can bend every nail you hit.

I won't belabor this, you have been shown scripture in 1 John and other text that refutes your doctrine on this and yet you hold strong which is your right and there is something to be said for persistence, yet a man can be persistent and still drive nails from the side and bend all of them never able to build anything with a hammer.

I disagree with your view of this and it is my opinion the word of God is clearly contrary to your view in many places. A farmer that has no clue about farming, need not plant seed. As the old saying goes, "To each his own."
Jesus said the seed, in the parable of the sower, was the word of God.
In 1 John 3:9, it is God Himself's seed.

luchnia

Re: I Have None of His Writings

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:40 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:04 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm

If rev. Dake's notes counter the obvious meaning of 1 John 3:9...I can pass on reading them.
Do they?
They don't counter the obvious meaning, however they may counter your meaning.
"May" counter?
They may counter your POV.
How about posting them here?
The reason for "may" is because I have not read Dake's notes on that verse recently. Chances are they will counter your POV. You are welcome to obtain the resources and study them for yourself.
I hope you aren't saying you don't believe 1 John 3:9 because of rev Dake's notes.
Not at all. I believe 1 Jn 3:9 in context.
That context being the differentiation of the children of God and the children of the devil?
The context bearing all of the truth being conveyed, not just children of God and the children of the devil. It should not be that difficult to see how the two are manifest. If, or when, you sin you are of the devil.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:40 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:04 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:43 pm

They don't counter the obvious meaning, however they may counter your meaning.
"May" counter?
They may counter your POV.
How about posting them here?
The reason for "may" is because I have not read Dake's notes on that verse recently. Chances are they will counter your POV. You are welcome to obtain the resources and study them for yourself.
I hope you aren't saying you don't believe 1 John 3:9 because of rev Dake's notes.
Not at all. I believe 1 Jn 3:9 in context.
That context being the differentiation of the children of God and the children of the devil?
The context bearing all of the truth being conveyed, not just children of God and the children of the devil. It should not be that difficult to see how the two are manifest. If, or when, you sin you are of the devil.
Agreed.
Isn't it nice to know a seed can only bring forth after itself?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:25 pm
Agreed.
Yes, it definitely is. If only the soil wasn't the challenge.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Agreed.
The soil can indeed be a challenge for the proliferation of seed, but still, an apple seed will never bear peaches, and God's seed will never bear liars and thieves.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Who introduced you to this ...... teaching???
Were you in another church before you accepted the church you are in now?

Were you just a normal flesh and blood human being before you joined "the church by Christ Jesus" ?
Do you affirm that you are not a human being now???

What is your testimony??

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:54 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Agreed.
The soil can indeed be a challenge for the proliferation of seed, but still, an apple seed will never bear peaches, and God's seed will never bear liars and thieves.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Agreed.
I agree. Apple seed will never bear peaches, yet they both can grow in the very same soil right next to each other. Which seed does man raise in his soil, the apple, the peach, or both?

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:43 am
Who introduced you to this ...... teaching???
Were you in another church before you accepted the church you are in now?
The church introduced me to these.....teachings, thank God.
I was a catholic before I found out I could live the way that pleases God.
Were you just a normal flesh and blood human being before you joined "the church by Christ Jesus" ?
Do you affirm that you are not a human being now???
Before I was "immersed" into Christ's death and resurrection I was a plain man.
Since I was raised with Him to walk in newness of life I am a new creature.
What is your testimony??
Does it really matter?

Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Agreed.
[/quote]