Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Manifest Sons of God

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Manifest Sons of God

Post by branham1965 »

I received a magazine today that had an article on "The Manifestation of the Sons of God " (see Romans 8:19)

I know John G.Lake had a book " Spiritual Hunger The God Men ".I saw the book in my home church in Warren,Ohio.

Any one familiar with this??

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: The Manifest Sons of God

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm
I don't think we become the manifest sons of God until we finish the race and have overcome the flesh, the world and Satan. but we should be striving in that direction by the renewing of our minds and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Though Paul struggled with trying to do the things he should do and not do the things he shouldn't do, we are fortunate to have a man on this site who says he has accomplished that.
It will be too late to manifest anything by then.
Manifest the seed you were reborn of now, to the glory of God and the strengthening of the brotherhood.

Your interpretation of Rom 7 is faulty.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:59 pm
dolph wrote:
I don't think we become the manifest sons of God until we finish the race and have overcome the flesh, the world and Satan. but we should be striving in that direction by the renewing of our minds and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Though Paul struggled with trying to do the things he should do and not do the things he shouldn't do, we are fortunate to have a man on this site who says he has accomplished that.
Manifest the seed you were reborn of now, to the glory of God and the strengthening of the brotherhood.

Perhaps it depends on your definition of "manifest"? My daily mindset is to more fully renew my mine and live out what I've learned so far with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Does the word "manifest" relate to a particular scripture you have in mind?
No special scripture. Just my way of saying what you did,
What you call "more fully renew", however, I call growing in grace and knowledge.
I was renewed when I was reborn and don't see how I can be "more" renewed.
Semantics, I guess?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I agree with you dolph. :angel:
dolph wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:35 pm
dolph wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

Perhaps it depends on your definition of "manifest"? My daily mindset is to more fully renew my mine and live out what I've learned so far with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Does the word "manifest" relate to a particular scripture you have in mind?
What you call "more fully renew", however, I call growing in grace and knowledge.
Semantics, I guess?
I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit. When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:35 pm
dolph wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

Semantics, I guess?
I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit.
When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?
No.
If part of us is NOT reborn, none of "us" is reborn.
You can't be two different beings at the same time.
Jesus one said that if a part of you is offensive, CUT IT OFF.
Wasn't ALL of the old you offensive?
Cut them off...with the circumcision done without hands.
Cast off the flesh, with the affections and lusts.
Be a new creature, body, soul, and spirit.
Let, cause, pray that the new creature will grow in grace and knowledge, with the knowledge that ALL of the old, offensive, "you" is gone for good.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: For His Seed Remaineth IN Him?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:02 am
The ground has nothing at all to do with the "picture" Jesus and John refer to.
One could ask how you can read God's word and can come to such a conclusion, especially when much of what Jesus taught was about the soil and how the soil must be or the seed cannot grow.

Seed can be stolen, snatched away, blown away, have no depth for root, choked out, burned up, eaten by animals, planted in tainted soil, and so on. It is a very simple concept that Jesus taught and easy for most to understand yet you refuse this part of His teaching.

I am perplexed as to why this is such a struggle for you to understand these simple concepts that Jesus taught. There is a reason you disregard many things that Jesus taught in this area. Finding that reason and what hinders you in understanding would be life changing for you.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:43 am
Hill Top wrote:
One could ask how you can read God's word and can come to such a conclusion, especially when much of what Jesus taught was about the soil and how the soil must be or the seed cannot grow.

Seed can be stolen, snatched away, blown away, have no depth for root, choked out, burned up, eaten by animals, planted in tainted soil, and so on. It is a very simple concept that Jesus taught and easy for most to understand yet you refuse this part of His teaching.

I am perplexed as to why this is such a struggle for you to understand these simple concepts that Jesus taught. There is a reason you disregard many things that Jesus taught in this area. Finding that reason and what hinders you in understanding would be life changing for you.
The point is that seeds can only bring forth after their originator.
Grapes seeds cannot bear figs and God's seed cannot bear liars and murderers.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:45 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

A grape seed bearing a fig has nothing to do with any of this. Seed only produces after its own kind as has been mentioned time and time again. God's seed cannot bear evil, it is impossible, but the one with God's seed can, because they can do exactly what Jesus said they can do with the seed.

This is not complicated. The evil one can snatch that seed right out of them as it is written. The pure fact is that you don't agree with what Jesus taught about seed and how the heart of man works by that seed. BTW Jesus teaching about seed is from God and not something He made up.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:05 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:45 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

A grape seed bearing a fig has nothing to do with any of this. Seed only produces after its own kind as has been mentioned time and time again. God's seed cannot bear evil, it is impossible, but the one with God's seed can, because they can do exactly what Jesus said they can do with the seed.
If, as you rightly say, "seed only produces after its own kind", its own kind continues to carry that same seed forward.
Those born of God cannot commit murder or tell lies, which would be contrary to the seed they are born of.
This is not complicated. The evil one can snatch that seed right out of them as it is written. The pure fact is that you don't agree with what Jesus taught about seed and how the heart of man works by that seed. BTW Jesus teaching about seed is from God and not something He made up.
It isn't complicated, but the "seed parable" confronts an entirely different situation than does John's thesis.
In the parable, Jesus points out how different men react to the truth.
Some reject it, some make a stab at it, and some try for a while and give up altogether.
But some bring forth the fruit of the word of God.
In 1 John 3, John authors the effect of the seed in the reborn.
It is in effect, an epilogue of Jesus' parable.
He is dealing with those portrayed earlier by Jesus as "good ground" in verse 9, and those who never accepted it in verses 8 and 10.
V 8..."He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning."
V 10..."In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,"
If men are bringing forth the fruit of the devil, the seed of God is not in them.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 pm
It isn't complicated, but the "seed parable" confronts an entirely different situation than does John's thesis.
"...confronts an entirely different situation..." not surprising, but fascinating how you constantly change scripture concepts to support your pov. Why not simply believe what Jesus and John said knowing that John did not teach contrary to what Jesus taught?

BTW in the parable of the sower there are some important words about each "he" Jesus spoke about and that is that they "received seed." It is what they did with the seed after receiving it that was the problem that caused it to be stolen by the evil one. Show a scripture in John's "different situation" that indicates the seed of God cannot be stolen by the evil one. Correct, it isn't there.

If you will understand 1 John chapter 3:1-10 you can receive light on this and see how it relates and supports exactly what Jesus taught in the parable of the sower and is in no way a "different situation" as you put it.

Word up!