Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Manifest Sons of God

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Manifest Sons of God

Post by branham1965 »

I received a magazine today that had an article on "The Manifestation of the Sons of God " (see Romans 8:19)

I know John G.Lake had a book " Spiritual Hunger The God Men ".I saw the book in my home church in Warren,Ohio.

Any one familiar with this??

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: The Manifest Sons of God

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

It has been a while, but I have read many of John G. Lake's sermons.

His conception of the manifest sons of God is a wonderful hypothesis that I would love to see demonstrated.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

I don't think we become the manifest sons of God until we finish the race and have overcome the flesh, the world and Satan. but we should be striving in that direction by the renewing of our minds and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Though Paul struggled with trying to do the things he should do and not do the things he shouldn't do, we are fortunate to have a man on this site who says he has accomplished that.

Hill Top
Whosoever shall Give to Drink unto One of These Little Ones a Cup of Cold Water Only in the Name of a Disciple, He shall in No Wise Lose His Reward

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm
I don't think we become the manifest sons of God until we finish the race and have overcome the flesh, the world and Satan. but we should be striving in that direction by the renewing of our minds and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Though Paul struggled with trying to do the things he should do and not do the things he shouldn't do, we are fortunate to have a man on this site who says he has accomplished that.
It will be too late to manifest anything by then.
Manifest the seed you were reborn of now, to the glory of God and the strengthening of the brotherhood.

Your interpretation of Rom 7 is faulty.

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:59 pm
dolph wrote:
Manifest the seed you were reborn of now, to the glory of God and the strengthening of the brotherhood.

Perhaps it depends on your definition of "manifest"? My daily mindset is to more fully renew my mine and live out what I've learned so far with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Does the word "manifest" relate to a particular scripture you have in mind?

Hill Top
Whosoever shall Give to Drink unto One of These Little Ones a Cup of Cold Water Only in the Name of a Disciple, He shall in No Wise Lose His Reward

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

Perhaps it depends on your definition of "manifest"? My daily mindset is to more fully renew my mine and live out what I've learned so far with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Does the word "manifest" relate to a particular scripture you have in mind?
No special scripture. Just my way of saying what you did,
What you call "more fully renew", however, I call growing in grace and knowledge.
I was renewed when I was reborn and don't see how I can be "more" renewed.
Semantics, I guess?

dolph

Post by dolph »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:35 pm
dolph wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

What you call "more fully renew", however, I call growing in grace and knowledge.
Semantics, I guess?
I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit. When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I agree with you dolph. :angel:
dolph wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 am
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

Semantics, I guess?
I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit. When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:39 am
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
dolph wrote:

Semantics, I guess?
I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit.
When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?
No.
If part of us is NOT reborn, none of "us" is reborn.
You can't be two different beings at the same time.
Jesus one said that if a part of you is offensive, CUT IT OFF.
Wasn't ALL of the old you offensive?
Cut them off...with the circumcision done without hands.
Cast off the flesh, with the affections and lusts.
Be a new creature, body, soul, and spirit.
Let, cause, pray that the new creature will grow in grace and knowledge, with the knowledge that ALL of the old, offensive, "you" is gone for good.

dolph

Post by dolph »

Dolph said, I believe we are tripartite persons: body, soul and spirit.
When we are born again our spirit becomes like God's, our minds/soul is being is in a process of being renewed as we read/study the Word and are led by the Holy Spirit and we will receive a new glorified body at the rapture/resurrection. Agree?

Hilltop said, No.

Dolph says, Sorry, Hilltop, but you are absolutely wrong. Have you read Dake on the subject" Do you own God'd Plan For Man? Do you own a Dake Study Bible? Do you believe we are a tripartite person?

HT, If part of us is NOT reborn, none of "us" is reborn.
You can't be two different beings at the same time.

Dolph, Do you believe we are a tripartite person? Just like a car restoration we are changed in stages. Do you really have a brand new body that's perfect, glorified? You are starting to sound like the man who hasn't sinned since being born again.

HT said, Jesus one said that if a part of you is offensive, CUT IT OFF.
Wasn't ALL of the old you offensive?
Cut them off...with the circumcision done without hands.
Cast off the flesh, with the affections and lusts.
Be a new creature, body, soul, and spirit.
Let, cause, pray that the new creature will grow in grace and knowledge, with the knowledge that ALL of the old, offensive, "you" is gone for good.

Dolph's reply, You you never sick, never have a tooth ache, never have a head ache , upset stomach, have imperfect eye sight or hearing??? Have you cut your eyes out or ears off for not being perfect. Your case has more holes in it than can be counted.

We receive a new glorified body at the resurrection/rapture, I Cor. 15:51-54:

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”