Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Grandfather
Give and Men Shall Given Unto You; Good Measure, Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Running Over
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.
Is this an answer? It does not take any work to keep a house or apartment clean, unless, somehow, it gets dirty.



Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.
Is this an answer? It does not take any work to keep a house or apartment clean, unless, somehow, it gets dirty.
You seem to be equating a house getting dirty, and needing maintenance, with a soul getting dirty.
Right?
It is an inequitable comparison.
Souls don't get dirty after their conversions.
They may, however, manifest that they were never cleaned in the first place.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3057
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.
Is this an answer? It does not take any work to keep a house or apartment clean, unless, somehow, it gets dirty.
You seem to be equating a house getting dirty, and needing maintenance, with a soul getting dirty.
Right?
It is an inequitable comparison.
Souls don't get dirty after their conversions.
They may, however, manifest that they were never cleaned in the first place.
Why do you deny this fact. God cannot keep anyone contrary to their will any more than He kept Lucifer (Isa. 14:12-14; 1 Tim. 3:6), angels (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7) the pre-Adamites (Jer. 4:23-26; 2 Pet. 5-8, demons (Mat. 8:29), and Adam and Eve (Gen.3:; Rom.5:12-21), and many other perfect sin free created beings who later willed to sin.

Lucifer was not only clean, he was PERFECT, (Ezek. 28:14-15), Adam and Eve were clean, created in God's own image and likeness; (Gen. 1:27-31). How were they never cleanin the first place???


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3057
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

BUMP!
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.
Is this an answer? It does not take any work to keep a house or apartment clean, unless, somehow, it gets dirty.
You seem to be equating a house getting dirty, and needing maintenance, with a soul getting dirty.
Right?
It is an inequitable comparison.
Souls don't get dirty after their conversions.
They may, however, manifest that they were never cleaned in the first place.
Ironman asked Hill Top,

Why do you deny this fact. God cannot keep anyone contrary to their will any more than He kept Lucifer (Isa. 14:12-14; 1 Tim. 3:6), angels (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7) the pre-Adamites (Jer. 4:23-26; 2 Pet. 5-8, demons (Mat. 8:29), and Adam and Eve (Gen.3:; Rom.5:12-21), and many other perfect sin free created beings who later willed to sin.

Lucifer was not only clean, he was PERFECT, (Ezek. 28:14-15), Adam and Eve were clean, created in God's own image and likeness; (Gen. 1:27-31). How were they never cleanin the first place???


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.
Is this an answer? It does not take any work to keep a house or apartment clean, unless, somehow, it gets dirty.
You seem to be equating a house getting dirty, and needing maintenance, with a soul getting dirty.
Right?
It is an inequitable comparison.
Souls don't get dirty after their conversions.
They may, however, manifest that they were never cleaned in the first place.
Why do you deny this fact. God cannot keep anyone contrary to their will any more than He kept Lucifer (Isa. 14:12-14; 1 Tim. 3:6), angels (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6-7) the pre-Adamites (Jer. 4:23-26; 2 Pet. 5-8, demons (Mat. 8:29), and Adam and Eve (Gen.3:; Rom.5:12-21), and many other perfect sin free created beings who later willed to sin.

Lucifer was not only clean, he was PERFECT, (Ezek. 28:14-15), Adam and Eve were clean, created in God's own image and likeness; (Gen. 1:27-31). How were they never cleanin the first place???
There is nothing to deny.
If "beings" want to please themselves over pleasing God...they will.
It is called idolatry.
It isn't the action of those who love God.
Nor is it an action done by those reborn of God's seed.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3057
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Quote Hill Top, "There is nothing to deny.
If "beings" want to please themselves over pleasing God...they will.
It is called idolatry.
It isn't the action of those who love God.
Nor is it an action done by those reborn of God's seed.."
.

Tear these scriptures out of your bible hill Top.

King Saul. Saul, who was in God's favour and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed because of sin (1 Chron. 10:13-14).
He committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal live (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal.
5:19-21).
To argue that Saul was never a saved man is to demonstrate a lack of Bible truth. "God gave Saul another heart . . . and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied (1 Sam. 10:9-13). If this was not an experience of the saved man then it was nothing at all.
It is also recorded how the Spirit of God LEFT HIM WHEN HE SINNED (1 Sam. 16:12-23). Saul went into spiritualism and God said He would cut off the man who did this (Lev. 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:11). He was a very humble and Godley man to begin with, but he did not end in this way (1 Sam. 10:21-24).


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 pm
Quote Hill Top, "There is nothing to deny.
If "beings" want to please themselves over pleasing God...they will.
It is called idolatry.
It isn't the action of those who love God.
Nor is it an action done by those reborn of God's seed.."
.

Tear these scriptures out of your bible hill Top.

King Saul. Saul, who was in God's favour and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed because of sin (1 Chron. 10:13-14).
He committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal live (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal.
5:19-21).
To argue that Saul was never a saved man is to demonstrate a lack of Bible truth. "God gave Saul another heart . . . and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied (1 Sam. 10:9-13). If this was not an experience of the saved man then it was nothing at all.
It is also recorded how the Spirit of God LEFT HIM WHEN HE SINNED (1 Sam. 16:12-23). Saul went into spiritualism and God said He would cut off the man who did this (Lev. 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:11). He was a very humble and Godley man to begin with, but he did not end in this way (1 Sam. 10:21-24).
As you have made abundantly clear, being "saved" won't be manifested till the end of our lives, and at the final judgment we will either hear that our names are in the book of life...or not.
Saying "I am saved" is a bit of a misnomer, as we should be saying "I am on the right path to salvation".
Or not.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6625
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

How strange that the great Apostle Paul said :

1 Corinthians 9:27 " I KEEP UNDER MY BODY,AND BRING IT INTO SUBJECTION:LEST THAT BY ANY MEANS ,WHEN I HAVE PREACHED TO OTHERS, I MYSELF SHOULD BE A CASTAWAY."

If he was perfect at his salvation in Damascus as HT says

HE NEVER would of said that.Though he was the greatest Apostle he still had to keep under his body and bring it into subjection.

Paul as great as he was ..he still had to keep under his body and bring it into subjection.



Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:34 pm
How strange that the great Apostle Paul said :

1 Corinthians 9:27 " I KEEP UNDER MY BODY,AND BRING IT INTO SUBJECTION:LEST THAT BY ANY MEANS ,WHEN I HAVE PREACHED TO OTHERS, I MYSELF SHOULD BE A CASTAWAY."

If he was perfect at his salvation in Damascus as HT says

HE NEVER would of said that.Though he was the greatest Apostle he still had to keep under his body and bring it into subjection.

Paul as great as he was ..he still had to keep under his body and bring it into subjection.
If he could do it, why can't we?
Fact is, we can keep manifesting we have been reborn of God...to the glory of God and the name of Jesus Christ.

Your point seems to be that anyone reborn of God doesn't have to do anything to manifest his impending salvation.
That we can just sit around eating bon bons till the return of Christ.
Not so.
The devil will do all in his power to derail our faith, and we must be wary of him.
We can only call ourselves lovers of God as long as we love God above all else.



Sonflower
1 Kings
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Re: By Hill Top's Standards

Post by Sonflower »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:23 am
dolph wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 am
I like the breath of fresh air Hilltop brings to this site.
By Hill Top's standards,
you aren't saved
and never have been saved.

By Hill Top's standards,
it's likely that
you have never known anyone who has ever been saved,
other than,
maybe,
Hill Top.

By Hill Top's standards,
if a person has sinned
after being water baptized,
they were never saved.
And, their water baptism was invalid.
New here so I'll ask, what or who is Hill Top?

I read your signature in time with your post and thought the signature was included in your reply. Having said that, regarding your signature, and the last part about unless our righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees....

Didn't Jesus call the Pharisees vipers and say they were of their father the Devil, when they called him to appear before them and answer for his miracles they questioned?

As to the OP question itself, as those born again in Christ we are no longer sinners who sin, as sin was counted against us prior to our redemption.
I don't think we can be perfect being we are still alive in this world where Satan is lord. However, we can I believe keep ourselves attuned to the leading of indwelling Holy Spirit God and rise above the fray. I think we'll be perfect once we're dead and with the Father.



Post Reply