Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:02 am
Ironman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
At face value, that says that Jesus wasn't righteous.
So, is that really true?
What a stupid thing to say. Scripture clearly and plainly states that Jesus was sinless.

1 Peter 2:22. 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:
So, is that really true?
What a stupid thing to say. Scripture clearly and plainly states that Jesus was sinless.

I think the point he was trying to make was that the scripture being used could not encompass everyone. In other words, the word "all" in that sense cannot mean every single person. This is often the case in scripture with misused out of context verses such as this one. Reading this in context one can see who the author was referring to. The usage of "all" can mean a certain group or area included and not everyone.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 am
Ironman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:
So, is that really true?

I think the point he was trying to make was that the scripture being used could not encompass everyone. In other words, the word "all" in that sense cannot mean every single person. This is often the case in scripture with misused out of context verses such as this one. Reading this in context one can see who the author was referring to. The usage of "all" can mean a certain group or area included and not everyone.
No need to make such a point. All, according to Dake from the bible;

The word "all," in Rev. 13 is simply part of a figure of speech called a "synecdoche" in which a part is used for a whole and a whole for a part. It is frequently used in Scripture as in these examples.

"I, even I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy ALL flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die" Gen. 6 : 17.

If we took this literally as men do in Rev. 13, we would have Noah and his family and all the animals in the ark dead, for they were also under heaven and in the earth and yet did not die.

Another example of many; "And the utterly destroyed ALL that was in the city, both men and women," referring to the people in Jericho when the wall fell, but the "all" here must be understood in a limited sense, for Rahab and her people were spared (Josh 6:21-25).

"David and "ALL" the house of Israel played before the Lord" and "brought up the ark" 2 Sam. 6:5, 15, yet not all Israel did this for many did not know how to play instruments and many were too young and still many were not even gathered at that one place.

It is spoken of Nebuchadnezzar that God made him ruler over ALL men, but ancient Babylon ruled only over part of the Earth (Dan. 2:37, 38; 4:1, 11, 12, 20). He never reigned over Greece, Rome, and many other lands at that time. In Dan. 2:39 Greece is spoken of as ruling "over ALL the Earth" but Greece never reigned over Italy, Spain, and many other countries at that time. In Dan. 7:23, Rome is spoken as ruling over the"WHOLE EARTH," but we all know that did not include many tribes and nations on the Earth, so "all" in these passages simply means all the people in part of the earth ruled by these kingdoms.

In Matt. 3:5, 6 we read, "Then went out to him Jerusalem, and ALL Judea, and ALL the region round the Jordan, and were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins," but we know that the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and many in all these parts were not baptized of John. Many women, children, the sick, and others of all classes never even saw John, much less were they baptized by him in Jordan It simply means a great many from these parts were baptized by John.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 am
Ironman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:
So, is that really true?

You got it !
Paul was quoting OT, (prior to Christ), scripture to show the Law keepers they were no better off than the Gentiles.
They all needed the Redeemer.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Everyone needs to find salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.

NO HUMAN BEING has that perfection.

No one not Billy Graham,Kenneth Hagin,Kenneth Copeland,Jimmy Swaggart,David Jeremiah name them all...

or the Pope in Rome or the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church claims what some here claim.

They are fooling only themselves and the neophytes that fall for their hypocrisy.
I do not fall for it.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am
Everyone needs to find salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ.
NO HUMAN BEING has that perfection.
No one not Billy Graham,Kenneth Hagin,Kenneth Copeland,Jimmy Swaggart,David Jeremiah name them all... or the Pope in Rome or the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church claims what some here claim.
They are fooling only themselves and the neophytes that fall for their hypocrisy.
I do not fall for it.
I have some "good news" for you...
Salvation through Jesus Christ is available to everyone now !
We can all be perfectly in tune with God.
Nobody heed be a servant of sin ever again!

And I agree that your list of unbelievers are fooling themselves with their accommodations for sin.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

List of unbelievers??

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 am
List of unbelievers??
None on your list believes God can turn a sinner into a Christian.
Or a lover of darkness into a lover of light.
Or a servant of sin into a servant of God.
Paul quotes Jesus here..."But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." (Acts 26:16-18)

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

That is untrue.You are wrong.You should research things more.

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 am
branham1965 wrote:
List of unbelievers??
Paul quotes Jesus here..."But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." (Acts 26:16-18)

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 am
That is untrue.You are wrong.You should research things more.

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 am
branham1965 wrote:
List of unbelievers??
If they ARE teaching that a man can be free from sin, do you argue with them as much as you argue the point with me?