Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:31 pm
So you claim that you are perfect but that the Lord Jesus Christ is not perfect. :shocked!: :crazyeyes:
That is flawed theology if i ever heard it.
You don't seem to be able to follow the gist of my post(s).
Do you really think Jesus never had to comb His hair or brush His teeth?
BTW...It is written..."And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." (1 John 3:3)
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7)
"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6519
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

No i think i get the gist of them.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:49 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:31 pm
So you claim that you are perfect but that the Lord Jesus Christ is not perfect. :shocked!: :crazyeyes:
That is flawed theology if i ever heard it.
You don't seem to be able to follow the gist of my post(s).
Do you really think Jesus never had to comb His hair or brush His teeth?
BTW...It is written..."And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." (1 John 3:3)
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7)
"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)
Hill Top, Jesus was perfect as a man in the fact that He never ever sinned, even though He was tempted in every way as we are. The Perfection of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with combing ones hair or brushing ones teeth. Many men on earth now days don't even comb their hair or brush their teeth.

Hebrews 4: 15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:49 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:31 pm
So you claim that you are perfect but that the Lord Jesus Christ is not perfect. :shocked!: :crazyeyes:
That is flawed theology if i ever heard it.
You don't seem to be able to follow the gist of my post(s).
Do you really think Jesus never had to comb His hair or brush His teeth?
BTW...It is written..."And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." (1 John 3:3)
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7)
"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)
Hill Top, Jesus was perfect as a man in the fact that He never ever sinned, even though He was tempted in every way as we are. The Perfection of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with combing ones hair or brushing ones teeth. Many men on earth now days don't even comb their hair or brush their teeth.
I agree, so our own spectacles, or bad knees, cannot be used to cast aspersions on our perfection.

[
Hebrews 4: 15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Jesus conquered sin while in the flesh.
So can we...after a real repentance from sin and rebirth.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6519
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

From your testimony on here you are consecrated.
And i believe you are devout as well.And i respect you for it.


But a few things you teach are off center.



Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:51 am
From your testimony on here you are consecrated.
And i believe you are devout as well.And i respect you for it.


But a few things you teach are off center.
You have kind of incongruant beliefs...don't you think?

What teaching do you feel is "off center"?
And if it is indeed off center, how could I maintain my consecration?
Jesus said we could tell the false prophets by their fruit, so what "fruit" of mine do you feel is not Godly?



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2997
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
At face value, that says that Jesus wasn't righteous.
So, is that really true?

Fact is, all who are IN CHRIST are righteous.
There is no unrighteousness IN CHRIST.

Paul wrote those Romans 3 verses in an effort to show that the Jews, who had the Law, still also needed a Savior and having the Law didn't do anything for the likelihood of their salvation.
All men are equally in need of a Messiah who could free them from service to sin.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6519
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

Phil,
It is referring to all sinful human beings.

FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.V23.

It does not refer in any way to Christ!!
In Jesus dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.Col.2:9

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:02 am
Ironman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
At face value, that says that Jesus wasn't righteous.
So, is that really true?

Fact is, all who are IN CHRIST are righteous.
There is no unrighteousness IN CHRIST.

Paul wrote those Romans 3 verses in an effort to show that the Jews, who had the Law, still also needed a Savior and having the Law didn't do anything for the likelihood of their salvation.
All men are equally in need of a Messiah who could free them from service to sin.



Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 am
Phil,
It is referring to all sinful human beings.

FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.V23.

It does not refer in any way to Christ!!
In Jesus dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.Col.2:9

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:02 am
Ironman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
At face value, that says that Jesus wasn't righteous.
So, is that really true?

Fact is, all who are IN CHRIST are righteous.
There is no unrighteousness IN CHRIST.

Paul wrote those Romans 3 verses in an effort to show that the Jews, who had the Law, still also needed a Savior and having the Law didn't do anything for the likelihood of their salvation.
All men are equally in need of a Messiah who could free them from service to sin.
If all have sinned, it doesn't exclude Jesus...so your thesis is in error.
Paul's point was to show the Jews that even with their Law keeping they were no different than the Gentiles.
They still needed a Savior too and were no better than heathens.

Thankfully, God has allowed our rebirth, from His seed, so we don't need to ever commit another sin.



Post Reply