Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 am
No sir i have never believed you.You contradict the apostles,church fathers and church scholars!!!
You teach that there is no Divine Trinity but there is.
Show me the scripture declaring that. please.
You teach Christians cannot sin or backslide but they can.
The idea of "backsliders" contradicts 1 John 3:9-10.
You openly deny water baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit but Jesus Christ in the great commission taught it to his disciples.
You have me mixed up with someone else.
I believe that without water baptism, there would be no remission of past sins, (Acts 2:38), no crucifixion of the old man, and no being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-6)
And there would be no freedom from sin. (Rom 6:7)
You stated openly that you have no empathy for other people.
Were that true, I wouldn't be here trying to turn you from the darkness and unto the light.
NO Phil it is you and your pupils who are off the rails.
It is written that few would be saved.
If adhering to the doctrine which is according to Godliness goes against your nature, you are free to live your own life.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

Hiltop wrote;
"Were that true, I wouldn't be here trying to turn you from the darkness and unto the light."
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Your almost perfect, if you could just eliminate a few more sins!


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

1. Get a Dake Bible notes on 1 John.

2.Reverend Dake taught Christians can sin and backslide and has profuse Bible notes on it.

3. you are anti Trinity and you believe in Jesus name only water baptism.

4.I am glad you have empathy at least.

5.Get a Dake Bible.He blessed and influenced many people.Maybe you would like it.

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 am
No sir i have never believed you.You contradict the apostles,church fathers and church scholars!!!
You teach that there is no Divine Trinity but there is.
Show me the scripture declaring that. please.
You teach Christians cannot sin or backslide but they can.
The idea of "backsliders" contradicts 1 John 3:9-10.
You openly deny water baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit but Jesus Christ in the great commission taught it to his disciples.
You have me mixed up with someone else.
I believe that without water baptism, there would be no remission of past sins, (Acts 2:38), no crucifixion of the old man, and no being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-6)
And there would be no freedom from sin. (Rom 6:7)
You stated openly that you have no empathy for other people.
Were that true, I wouldn't be here trying to turn you from the darkness and unto the light.
NO Phil it is you and your pupils who are off the rails.
It is written that few would be saved.
If adhering to the doctrine which is according to Godliness goes against your nature, you are free to live your own life.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks for the help Ironman.


billabong

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:40 pm
Hiltop wrote;
"Were that true, I wouldn't be here trying to turn you from the darkness and unto the light."
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Your almost perfect, if you could just eliminate a few more sins!



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:40 pm
Hiltop wrote;
"Were that true, I wouldn't be here trying to turn you from the darkness and unto the light."
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Your almost perfect, if you could just eliminate a few more sins!
What would be the point of that effort if nobody can be free from sin?
The fact is that Jesus came and conquered sin while in the flesh.
As we can now be "immersed" into the Victor, we too can partake in that conquest.



Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 3101
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

So Phil are you saying that a person CAN lose the Spirit IF they fail to do the good things you mentioned??
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU BELIEVE A PERSON CAN SIN AND BACKSLIDE.
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm
No worries mate. I see where your coming from. We have the promise of a heavenly home, the glorious hope, a new glorified body THAT CANNOT SIN. We have the promise of a new heaven and earth and the promise of living eternally with the everlasting King and Creator.

Some people think they have that glorified body that cannot sin already, in this life. Lucifer sinned, Moses sinned, King Solomon sinned, King David sinned. If Lucifer, the great arc-angel and these great men fell into sin, anyone can, in this life.
How can the temple of the Holy Ghost cause you to sin?
That is what "our" bodies are after our repentance from sin and our washing of past sins.
A sanctified temple of God.
How does your house you live in get back dirty after you have (vacuumed, swept, mopped. dusted) cleaned it?
It takes work to keep a house or apartment clean.
If you don't, you will lose your abode.
It also takes work to "endure till the end".
If we are unwilling to study, read, exhort, admonish, pray, fast, witness, remain in the light, we will forfeit our honor of hosting God's Spirit.



Post Reply