Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:58 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 am
That is untrue.You are wrong.You should research things more.


Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 am
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 am
List of unbelievers??
None on your list believes God can turn a sinner into a Christian.
Or a lover of darkness into a lover of light.
Or a servant of sin into a servant of God.
Paul quotes Jesus here..."But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." (Acts 26:16-18)
If they ARE teaching that a man can be free from sin, do you argue with them as much as you argue the point with me?
The simplicity of being free from sin:

1. Free in Christ - saint (new man alive to Christ)
2. Bound to satan - sinner (old man dead to Christ)


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

That simple eh?
So there is no struggle with the world,no struggle with the flesh and never any trouble with the devil and his demons for you guys?
You guys have it all beaten now?
How odd that you are never tempted!You never glance a second too long at a beautiful woman.You are perfect in your relationships with everyone.Your money is handled perfectly.
One of you bragged he had no empathy in him! :lol!:

How strange that the Churches in Revelation were rebuked by the Lord.To one He said they were miserable,blind,naked and poor.
Ask them and they thought they were really it.
Dad Hagin was visiting in a church like this.He led by the Holy Ghost jumped off the platform and let them have it with both barrels so to speak.

The Lord did not share their high opinions of themselves.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 am
That simple eh?
So there is no struggle with the world,no struggle with the flesh and never any trouble with the devil and his demons for you guys?
You guys have it all beaten now?
How odd that you are never tempted!You never glance a second too long at a beautiful woman.You are perfect in your relationships with everyone.Your money is handled perfectly.
One of you bragged he had no empathy in him! :lol!:

How strange that the Churches in Revelation were rebuked by the Lord.To one He said they were miserable,blind,naked and poor.
Ask them and they thought they were really it.
Dad Hagin was visiting in a church like this.He led by the Holy Ghost jumped off the platform and let them have it with both barrels so to speak.

The Lord did not share their high opinions of themselves.
Yep, that simple - Jesus BEAT IT ALL! PTL In Him is NO sin and our old man is crucified. A good study is Dake's Bible Truths Unmasked chapter 8, Bible evidences of the new birth and spend time in the scripture references Dake uses.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
That depends on how "early" you want to go...
Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

John wrote...“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
And..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Peter wrote..."But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
And...“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21-22)
And..."
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Who do you consider an early church "father"?



User avatar
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
Dake's teaching was often in opposition to early church fathers and is opposed to what many teach today in a number of biblical subjects and not just the living free from sin subject. It also is fascinating that many that claim they agree with Dake, do not agree with him about this issue in the least respect.

The more one studies this the more one should be shocked that people teach you can live in sin and have eternal life which is in opposition to what the bible teaches about it.

In my opinion, Dake did not teach anything one cannot find in the scriptures references he used. I am sure he dealt with a lot of people that believed you can sin your way to eternal life.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

The early church fathers preserved the truth.Saint Augustine,Saint Thomas Aquinas,Saint Jerome,Saint John Chrysostom,Saint Basil the Great and all the others.They literally changed human history.They formulated the canon of Scripture.
Google early church fathers.There is plenty of information on the internet about them.
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
That depends on how "early" you want to go...
Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

John wrote...“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
And..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Peter wrote..."But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
And...“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21-22)
And..."
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Who do you consider an early church "father"?
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.



Hill Top
He that Receiveth a Prophet in the Name of a Prophet shall Receive a Prophet's Reward
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 am
The early church fathers preserved the truth.Saint Augustine,Saint Thomas Aquinas,Saint Jerome,Saint John Chrysostom,Saint Basil the Great and all the others.They literally changed human history.They formulated the canon of Scripture.
Google early church fathers.There is plenty of information on the internet about them.
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
That depends on how "early" you want to go...
Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

John wrote...“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
And..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Peter wrote..."But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
And...“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21-22)
And..."
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Who do you consider an early church "father"?
I'm surprised you would believe anyone who contradicts the apostles.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by branham1965 »

No sir i have never believed you.You contradict the apostles,church fathers and church scholars!!!

You teach that there is no Divine Trinity but there is.
You teach Christians cannot sin or backslide but they can.
You openly deny water baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit but Jesus Christ in the great commission taught it to his disciples.

You stated openly that you have no empathy for other people.

NO Phil it is you and your pupils who are off the rails.

Get it right sir.
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:34 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 am
The early church fathers preserved the truth.Saint Augustine,Saint Thomas Aquinas,Saint Jerome,Saint John Chrysostom,Saint Basil the Great and all the others.They literally changed human history.They formulated the canon of Scripture.
Google early church fathers.There is plenty of information on the internet about them.
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
That depends on how "early" you want to go...
Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

John wrote...“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
And..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Peter wrote..."But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
And...“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21-22)
And..."
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Who do you consider an early church "father"?
I'm surprised you would believe anyone who contradicts the apostles.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 am
No sir i have never believed you.You contradict the apostles,church fathers and church scholars!!!

You teach that there is no Divine Trinity but there is.
You teach Christians cannot sin or backslide but they can.
You openly deny water baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit but Jesus Christ in the great commission taught it to his disciples.

You stated openly that you have no empathy for other people.

NO Phil it is you and your pupils who are off the rails.

Get it right sir.
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:34 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 am
The early church fathers preserved the truth.Saint Augustine,Saint Thomas Aquinas,Saint Jerome,Saint John Chrysostom,Saint Basil the Great and all the others.They literally changed human history.They formulated the canon of Scripture.
Google early church fathers.There is plenty of information on the internet about them.
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Your teaching denies every teaching of the early church fathers.
That depends on how "early" you want to go...
Paul wrote..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)
And..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

John wrote...“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
And..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Peter wrote..."But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
And...“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Peter 2:21-22)
And..."
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Who do you consider an early church "father"?
I'm surprised you would believe anyone who contradicts the apostles.
WELL SAID BILLY!


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Post Reply