Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoomsdayers come out of the woodwork

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Doomsdayers come out of the woodwork

Post by luchnia »

Food for thought.

I saw a clip yesterday that had some historical content of how each time our country has been in a calamity how the doomsdayers (they used the term end times) come out of the woodwork screaming the end is here. They ride the wave and provoke fear and untruths in the hearts of the simple minded that do not know God's word.

History has certainly proved it out too. They showed clips of over the years how each one of these people would proclaim the end. Of course we know the end did not occur then, nor will it now happen this way as it is not scriptural. They are like moths to a flame, or a dope addict to drugs. Deception is like a disease that is born with ignorance.

It was even more fascinating that a few prominent pastors had gotten on the doomsday train for the ride. What often fascinates me is how quickly these calamities will bring out all sorts of deceived dreamers and remove one from God's word to speak the fallacies that come from the mouths of men.

In these times the Henny Penny, chicken little, sky is falling stories pass extremely fast with the internet. There are so many self-proclaimed super-prophets out there they are a dime a dozen now. There are even two brothers that are self-proclaimed prophets and they are all over the place. It doesn't take long to find out the words of these type of people do not pass God's test for His prophets.

I saw a young woman a few days ago that truly believes God is speaking to her and how this is the end of the world and she said that God even gave her orders to give others that must be heeded. Seeing her deception I felt so saddened for her of how she was taken away by her dreams and imaginations that she really believed this was God speaking to her.

My hope is they come to the knowledge of God and seek Him and His word, yet I don't see that happening with these type of people and I believe scripture shows us they will be misled. I believe doomsdaying does damage to the truth of God in that those weak in faith will be deceived by this sort of thing.

Word up!

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Re: Doomsdayers come out of the woodwork

Post by Grandfather »

As the scriptures say, there is nothing new under the sun. Doomsday “prophets” have been around forever, even before Jesus walked this earth. “Christian” doomsday prophets have been around since the resurrection. These “prophets” take a page out of the political playbook - never let a crisis go to waste.

Funny thing, they we attract a following, but after the crisis passes and they were proven wrong, the crowd doesn’t leave them. These “prophets” repackage what they said, give a twisting story on why they were right, but God moved and spared them. And they continue on reeling in the profits.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:20 am
Funny thing, they we attract a following, but after the crisis passes and they were proven wrong, the crowd doesn’t leave them. These “prophets” repackage what they said, give a twisting story on why they were right, but God moved and spared them. And they continue on reeling in the profits.
You bring out another great point. They do repackage what they said and keep a following only awaiting the next "end" event to play on. I remember one group that prophesied a date and hour for Jesus return and when it did not happen, they merely set another date and made up some baroque excuses. Incredible when you think about it.

Word up!

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

It all depends on your perspective. If you're IN THE WORLD AND LOVE THE WORLD when 3 billion people have been put under quarantine, soft martial law, and have lost more of their freedoms and a few patriots protest their loss of freedom for example, the WORLDLY folks call them doomsdayers but the Body of Christ, like Paul, says in joy, Look up your redemption draweth neigh!!!

THOSE WHO LOVE THE WORLD ARE THE ENEMIES OF GOD, UNSAVED, LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

dolph wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:08 pm
It all depends on your perspective. If you're IN THE WORLD AND LOVE THE WORLD when 3 billion people have been put under quarantine, soft martial law, and have lost more of their freedoms and a few patriots protest their loss of freedom for example, the WORLDLY folks call them doomsdayers but the Body of Christ, like Paul, says in joy, Look up your redemption draweth neigh!!!

THOSE WHO LOVE THE WORLD ARE THE ENEMIES OF GOD, UNSAVED, LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I guess it does all depend on one’s perspective. But what has given you the impression that anyone here loves the world (in an ungodly sense.)? Simply because people point out both the facilacies and generalities of your postings does not mean we love the world.

BTW, I love the world, just like my Heavenly Father loves the world. I want to see everyone get saved, I want the Lord to delay His coming until everyone gets an honest opportunity to hear the good news. I am willing to forego a few days of heaven in order that a few more get saved. Yes, I love the world, just not the world system.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:17 pm
dolph wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:08 pm

Yes, I guess it does all depend on one’s perspective. But what has given you the impression that anyone here loves the world (in an ungodly sense.)? Simply because people point out both the facilacies and generalities of your postings does not mean we love the world.

BTW, I love the world, just like my Heavenly Father loves the world. I want to see everyone get saved, I want the Lord to delay His coming until everyone gets an honest opportunity to hear the good news. I am willing to forego a few days of heaven in order that a few more get saved. Yes, I love the world, just not the world system.
I have often said, "I would that Jesus tarry long that as many as possible be saved!" To love as He loves, would that not be our cry? May He tarry long.

I agree as Paul stated, "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 7Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 pm
I have often said, "I would that Jesus tarry long that as many as possible be saved!" To love as He loves, would that not be our cry? May He tarry long.
By contrast, doesn't His tarrying fill Hell faster than Heaven?

I'd estimate that 150,000 people, on average, die each day (world wide). What percentage of them do you imagine are saved?

Matthew 7:13-14 New King James Version
"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The percentage of those that die every day that are saved at the moment of death is likely very low. If we are extremely generous with our math and assume that 50,000 people of the 150,000 that die each day are saved, that still means that 1,000,000 people enter Hell every 10 days.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:35 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 pm
By contrast, doesn't His tarrying fill Hell faster than Heaven?

I'd estimate that 150,000 people, on average, die each day (world wide). What percentage of them do you imagine are saved?

Matthew 7:13-14 New King James Version
"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The percentage of those that die every day that are saved at the moment of death is likely very low. If we are extremely generous with our math and assume that 50,000 people of the 150,000 that die each day are saved, that still means that 1,000,000 people enter Hell every 10 days.
Let's hope for the best. At least it is stated that deaths are not half of births each day. So I supposed there are a lot of variables that can be taken into consideration.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

-----

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

Spiritblade Disciple

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
luchnia wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:12 pm
Let's hope for the best. At least it is stated that deaths are not half of births each day. So I supposed there are a lot of variables that can be taken into consideration.
True. However, all of them have to die as well if the Lord tarries long enough. And, few of them will find the gate to Life.

Proverbs 27:20 New King James Version
Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.

As Hell and Destruction (I really like that the NKJV capitalizes this word) like the eyes of men, so they are never full... never satisfied.