Dake Bible Discussion BoardMatthew 25:46

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Bbenzick
Leviticus

Matthew 25:46

Post by Bbenzick »

I understand this is the the Gentile nations at the end of the Tribulation period. In verse 46 it says the goats go away to everlasting punishment but the righteous into eternal life. The righteous it seems would be permitted to go into the Millennial reign but the unrighteousness goats go directly to everlasting punishment? Is this the Lake of Fire mentioned in the Great White Throne Judgement ? It looks like they are judged here and sent to their final punishment and not Hades. The Dake notes say they no longer will be judged later But my question is when do they die? I was under the understanding it was appointed unto man once to die then the judgement ?

BillB

Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Re: Matthew 25:46

Post by Hill Top »

Bbenzick wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:29 pm
I understand this is the the Gentile nations at the end of the Tribulation period. In verse 46 it says the goats go away to everlasting punishment but the righteous into eternal life. The righteous it seems would be permitted to go into the Millennial reign but the unrighteousness goats go directly to everlasting punishment? Is this the Lake of Fire mentioned in the Great White Throne Judgement ? It looks like they are judged here and sent to their final punishment and not Hades. The Dake notes say they no longer will be judged later But my question is when do they die? I was under the understanding it was appointed unto man once to die then the judgement ?

BillB
Welcome to the 'board'.
As these words are being spoken to the Jews, why do you think they involve only the Gentiles?

Bbenzick
Leviticus

Post by Bbenzick »

The notes in my other study Bible the Open Bible New King James Version Says “ Judgment of the Gentiles “
I believe from other study this is commonly thought to be a judgement of the non Jewish nations when Christ comes back at the Second Advent after the tribulation.

Bbenzick
Leviticus

Post by Bbenzick »

Also. Verse 32 of Matt 25 says ALL the Nations will be gathered before Him