Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs pestilence always sent from god

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Therefore, Having Your Loins Girt About With Truth

Re: Is pestilence always sent from god

Post by royplumber »

I love you man ! I am trying to work this thing out that is not working We have dropped the ball someware.
Brillant time for me too seek god though !

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

I believe that evil is nothing more than the absence of good. Just as darkness is the absence of light, cold is the absence of heat. Is pestilence sent from God? Can darkness overpower light? Pestilence comes as a result of distancing from God, perhaps it is God moving and people not following, or perhaps it is people moving away from God.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Ironman fears God.You bet your life he does. :angel: :angel:
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Sometimes, it could be possible, with modern science, to have pestilences sent by man.

This video postulates that possibility.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by dolph »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:37 pm
Sometimes, it could be possible, with modern science, to have pestilences sent by man.

This video postulates that possibility.

Great post Spiritblade!! Glad to see someone else looking behind the curtain. Satan DOES CONTROL THE WORLD and all these SICK, SICK people who run the world. I spread the word, blow the whistle everywhere I go. Where are the Christian leaders who SHOULD have the Holy Spirit leading them, not to mention Joe Sheeple.

Spiritblade Disciple

Do you listen to Brother Nathaniel's broadcasts, Dolph?

https://www.brighteon.com/b8231046-f9ac ... c6bba27b09

The above link goes to the lastest one that I'm aware of. It's about current events.

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

royplumber
Stand Therefore, Having Your Loins Girt About With Truth

Re: Does God Create Evil? Yes!

Post by royplumber »

dolph wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:50 pm
royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:29 pm
dolph wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 pm
The LORD most definitely sends pestilences.
royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 am
Does god create evil !
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."

God most definitely creates evil.

Do you know the terror of the LORD?

2 Corinthians 5:11 King James Version
Knowing therefore THE TERROR OR THE LORD, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

He is to be feared.

Luke 12:4-5 King James Version
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: FEAR HIM, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, FEAR HIM."

He is to be truly feared. By comparison, no one nor nothing else is worthy of our fear.
Wow, SBD, you nailed that one. An even more interesting question may be, Did God ordain Satan from the beginning to be His proxy? Even though God defeated Satan at Calvary, has He not licensed him to test the saints and allowed him to come into His Presence in Heaven and accuse the brethren of their sins?
God uses satan and people all the time for his purposes does not mean he's evil eg god put lying thoughts/spirit mans thoughts just like he does with dolph but like saint Peter he's got no idea he just thinks its from god ! or his own unsound mind.
Yes royplumber but talk about irony, God has given Satan, the angel that brought down the pre-Adamic world , the fall of the Adam's race and the cause of the judgment of Noah's world, given him such an important role in His master plan of creating His family. Amazing, is it not?

WOW brilliant very well said

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Satan? God's Ordained Proxy?

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

dolph wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm
Wow, SBD, you nailed that one. An even more interesting question may be, Did God ordain Satan from the beginning to be His proxy? Even though God defeated Satan at Calvary, has He not licensed him to test the saints and allowed him to come into His Presence in Heaven and accuse the brethren of their sins?

I don't think so, no. I think that it was Adam who permitted Satan to enter. I don't think God's plan required the entrance of Satan into the Adamic age/realm. However, I don't think it surprised God, either. I don't think there was anything that required Satan's fall or any of his behavior that is contrary to doing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly before God.

Does Satan have a license from God to test the saints? Would you give a license to a sadistic mass murdering pedophile rapist to test your kids? God knew even evil parents wouldn't give their kids a serpent when they wanted a fish. Why would God give us Satan?

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:07 pm
I don't think so, no. I think that it was Adam who permitted Satan to enter. I don't think God's plan required the entrance of Satan into the Adamic age/realm. However, I don't think it surprised God, either. I don't think there was anything that required Satan's fall or any of his behavior that is contrary to doing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly before God.

Does Satan have a license from God to test the saints? Would you give a license to a sadistic mass murdering pedophile rapist to test your kids? God knew even evil parents wouldn't give their kids a serpent when they wanted a fish. Why would God give us Satan?
However, the wages of sin is death according to Paul in Romans 6:23, so we are all worthy of death. Do we have a say in how or when that sentence is administered? It is only by His grace and mercy that he does not "pay up" as soon as we commit the act.

God gave Adam and Eve free will. They were free to love God or free to turn from him in disobedience. How would they have been tested/tempted to sin if not for the tempter?

Does Satan have a license to test the saints? I must ask, what do you mean by that? What do you mean by license? What do you mean by test?

Spiritblade Disciple

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:07 pm
► Show Spoiler
Grandfather wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm
However, the wages of sin is death according to Paul in Romans 6:23, so we are all worthy of death. Do we have a say in how or when that sentence is administered? It is only by His grace and mercy that he does not "pay up" as soon as we commit the act.

God gave Adam and Eve free will. They were free to love God or free to turn from him in disobedience. How would they have been tested/tempted to sin if not for the tempter?

Does Satan have a license to test the saints? I must ask, what do you mean by that? What do you mean by license? What do you mean by test?
Great point about the wages of sin being death and not having a say in how it is administered. That's enough to clear it up for me.

License? "a permit from an authority to own or use something, do a particular thing, or carry on a trade" is what I think of when I think of a license.

Test? Examine, analyze, study, prove, tempt... Things along those lines.

Dolph, are these ideas of a license and a test what you had in mind?