Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs pestilence always sent from god

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Is pestilence always sent from god

Post by royplumber »

Hi guy's I always come back here when I need a mature well balanced view thank you for all answers in the past.
Your ministry in helping me on my walk has been Brillant thank you everyone.
sorry I have been away for so long its a bit like my Bethel on this forum thank you dake-et's

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is pestilence always sent from god

Post by luchnia »

royplumber wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:39 am
Hi guy's I always come back here when I need a mature well balanced view thank you for all answers in the past.
Your ministry in helping me on my walk has been Brillant thank you everyone.
sorry I have been away for so long its a bit like my Bethel on this forum thank you dake-et's
Thanks for the kind words and glad to see your post. Please chime in and share with us on the discussions.

Word up!

dolph
The Lord Jesus Christ Has Received All Power in Heaven and in Earth

Post by dolph »

Roy, I think it's fair to say that pestilence can also be sent by Satan just as sickness although some might say Satan's only power is to lie. Interesting question.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman »

Satan is the author of all sin, sickness, disease and fear. God is the creator of all life, a sound mine and body, free from all fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. I have no fear because I have faith in God.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

dolph

Post by dolph »

Ironman wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:37 pm
Satan is the author of all sin, sickness, disease and fear. God is the creator of all life, a sound mine and body, free from all fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. I have no fear because I have faith in God.
You don't fear God??

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

dolph wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:47 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:37 pm
You don't fear God??
surely dolph must know Dake talks about words meaning different things in different context and the simplicity of the gospel. Your unsaved doctors tells you fear will give you diseases. There was no fear in Jesus he had reverential respect for his father.
I think reverential resect must mean obedience.

Does god create evil !

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Does God Create Evil? Yes!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

The LORD most definitely sends pestilences.
royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 am
Does god create evil !
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."

God most definitely creates evil.

Do you know the terror of the LORD?

2 Corinthians 5:11 King James Version
Knowing therefore THE TERROR OR THE LORD, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

He is to be feared.

Luke 12:4-5 King James Version
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: FEAR HIM, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, FEAR HIM."

He is to be truly feared. By comparison, no one nor nothing else is worthy of our fear.

John 14:21 New King James Version
"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

dolph

Post by dolph »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 pm
royplumber wrote:
Does god create evil !
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."

Knowing therefore THE TERROR OR THE LORD, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

He is to be feared.

"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: FEAR HIM, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, FEAR HIM."

He is to be truly feared. By comparison, no one nor nothing else is worthy of our fear.
Wow, SBD, you nailed that one. An even more interesting question may be, Did God ordain Satan from the beginning to be His proxy? Even though God defeated Satan at Calvary, has He not licensed him to test the saints and allowed him to come into His Presence in Heaven and accuse the brethren of their sins?

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

dolph wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm
royplumber wrote:
Does god create evil !

He is to be feared.

Wow, SBD, you nailed that one. An even more interesting question may be, Did God ordain Satan from the beginning to be His proxy? Even though God defeated Satan at Calvary, has He not licensed him to test the saints and allowed him to come into His Presence in Heaven and accuse the brethren of their sins?
God uses satan and people all the time for his purposes does not mean he's evil eg god put lying thoughts/spirit mans thoughts just like he does with dolph but like saint Peter he's got no idea he just thinks its from god ! or his own unsound mind.

dolph

Post by dolph »

royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:29 pm
dolph wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm
royplumber wrote:
Does god create evil !

He is to be feared.

God uses satan and people all the time for his purposes does not mean he's evil eg god put lying thoughts/spirit mans thoughts just like he does with dolph but like saint Peter he's got no idea he just thinks its from god ! or his own unsound mind.
Yes royplumber but talk about irony, God has given Satan, the angel that brought down the pre-Adamic world , the fall of the Adam's race and the cause of the judgment of Noah's world, given him such an important role in His master plan of creating His family. Amazing, is it not?