Dake Bible Discussion BoardDo these Greek words refer to the same event??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Are You a Dispensationalist?

Post by dolph »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:41 am
dolph wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm

By the way, if one adds up all the scripture condemning the Jews like Peter on the day of Pentecost or Paul in 1 Thes. 2:15,16, one can understand not only the antisemitism of the Catholic Church, Luther and Calvin
Peter and Paul condemned the Jews? Really? Where do you get this stuff from? Sin condemned those Jews that would not repent, not Peter, nor Paul. Paul and Peter were sent to save men.
1 Thessalonians 2:15-16

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Acts 3:13-15

Acts 3:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

This is why the Jews lost their temple, their country and became Roman slaves and 2/3 will die at Armageddon.

Zechariah 13:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Replacement Theology?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

dolph wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm
► Show Spoiler





I am totally against "replacement theology" but spiritually speaking we are spiritual Israel in that we were grafted in to the roots of the original olive tree of Romans C.11
Honestly, I have difficulty with the term "replacement theology." To me, those that are most often accused of it do not believe that the Church has replaced Israel. Rather, they believe that the Church is Spiritual Israel and is a continuation of Church before Christ's first advent (Acts 7:38). Only the children of promise were ever Spiritual Israel. The others were not, even though they were physically descended from Abraham.


Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The Seventy Weeks are for God's People

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

dolph wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm
By the way, if one adds up all the scripture condemning the Jews like Peter on the day of Pentecost or Paul in 1 Thes. 2:15,16, one can understand not only the antisemitism of the Catholic Church, Luther and Calvin (not to mention today's bankers, MSM and Hollywood) and that it is the Jews who are promised a "day of vengeance"(Isa.61:2), ie., the tribulation and hardly the Church who is saved and washed in Christ's Blood and who Christ exchanged His righteousness to for our unrighteousness. The timing of the Church's rapture should be a shut and closed case. (Not to mention it is Daniel's 70th Week and all 70 weeks were "determined for Jerusalem and God's people", Dan.9:24) But today's Church often equates us Christians with the Jews which is totally absurd, we are almost opposites. The trib is Jacob's Trouble. Your thoughts?
If the physical Jews are viewed through the lens of Galatians 4, they are not Jacob's people. Galatians 4 clearly says that they are children of the bondwoman to be cast out and not children of the free woman. It compares them more closely with Ishmael than Isaac. And, since Isaac is the father of Jacob, it's even harder to see the physical Jews as being the subject of the Seventieth Week since it's determined on God's people and the physical Jews are not in Christ (for the most part).


Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

User avatar
dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: The Seventy Weeks are for God's People

Post by dolph »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:02 pm
dolph wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm
By the way, if one adds up all the scripture condemning the Jews like Peter on the day of Pentecost or Paul in 1 Thes. 2:15,16, one can understand not only the antisemitism of the Catholic Church, Luther and Calvin (not to mention today's bankers, MSM and Hollywood) and that it is the Jews who are promised a "day of vengeance"(Isa.61:2), ie., the tribulation and hardly the Church who is saved and washed in Christ's Blood and who Christ exchanged His righteousness to for our unrighteousness. The timing of the Church's rapture should be a shut and closed case. (Not to mention it is Daniel's 70th Week and all 70 weeks were "determined for Jerusalem and God's people", Dan.9:24) But today's Church often equates us Christians with the Jews which is totally absurd, we are almost opposites. The trib is Jacob's Trouble. Your thoughts?
If the physical Jews are viewed through the lens of Galatians 4, they are not Jacob's people. Galatians 4 clearly says that they are children of the bondwoman to be cast out and not children of the free woman. It compares them more closely with Ishmael than Isaac. And, since Isaac is the father of Jacob, it's even harder to see the physical Jews as being the subject of the Seventieth Week since it's determined on God's people and the physical Jews are not in Christ (for the most part).
Spiritually they are anti-Christs, 1 John 2:22. Physically or in the natural they are the descendants of of the Sadducees and the Jews who crucified Christ. I think most Jews would agree.



User avatar
dolph
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Replacement Theology?

Post by dolph »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:56 pm
dolph wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm
► Show Spoiler





I am totally against "replacement theology" but spiritually speaking we are spiritual Israel in that we were grafted in to the roots of the original olive tree of Romans C.11
Honestly, I have difficulty with the term "replacement theology." To me, those that are most often accused of it do not believe that the Church has replaced Israel. Rather, they believe that the Church is Spiritual Israel and is a continuation of Church before Christ's first advent (Acts 7:38). Only the children of promise were ever Spiritual Israel. The others were not, even though they were physically descended from Abraham.
I think there is a significant number of Christians who believe the Church has replaced the Jews as the children of God and that the people calling themselves Jews today are of no religious significance, although I have no great knowledge of what the numbers are. What say you?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Replacement Theology?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

dolph wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:56 pm
► Show Spoiler
Honestly, I have difficulty with the term "replacement theology." To me, those that are most often accused of it do not believe that the Church has replaced Israel. Rather, they believe that the Church is Spiritual Israel and is a continuation of Church before Christ's first advent (Acts 7:38). Only the children of promise were ever Spiritual Israel. The others were not, even though they were physically descended from Abraham.
I think there is a significant number of Christians who believe the Church has replaced the Jews as the children of God and that the people calling themselves Jews today are of no religious significance, although I have no great knowledge of what the numbers are. What say you?

John 5:45-47 New King James Version
"Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Do you believe that ALL Jews are the children of God? Do you believe that the Jews, today, are of religious significance, given that they don't really even believe in Moses' writings?

I don't believe that any of the Jews who don't believe in Jesus are children of God.

John 8:42 New King James Version
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me."

The fact that they do not love Jesus proves that they are not children of God.

I looked up Replacement Theology... One of the definitions of Replacement Theology is the belief that the New Covenant supersedes the the Old Covenant. In other words, you are a believer in Replacement Theology if you do not believe that the Old Covenant is still valid.

Do you believe the Old Covenant is still valid? If not, you are a believer in Replacement Theology.


Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Are You a Dispensationalist?

Post by branham1965 »

I understand the 7 dispensations which i think came from Scofield or Larkin....

The 1800's were the century of charts,chronology,time elements etc.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:01 pm
NO i am not.
Why aren't you a dispensationalist?
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Replacement Theology?

Post by branham1965 »

Are you Post Millennial or something else.I respect your knowledge and insights.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:01 am
dolph wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:56 pm
► Show Spoiler
Honestly, I have difficulty with the term "replacement theology." To me, those that are most often accused of it do not believe that the Church has replaced Israel. Rather, they believe that the Church is Spiritual Israel and is a continuation of Church before Christ's first advent (Acts 7:38). Only the children of promise were ever Spiritual Israel. The others were not, even though they were physically descended from Abraham.
I think there is a significant number of Christians who believe the Church has replaced the Jews as the children of God and that the people calling themselves Jews today are of no religious significance, although I have no great knowledge of what the numbers are. What say you?

John 5:45-47 New King James Version
"Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you--Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Do you believe that ALL Jews are the children of God? Do you believe that the Jews, today, are of religious significance, given that they don't really even believe in Moses' writings?

I don't believe that any of the Jews who don't believe in Jesus are children of God.

John 8:42 New King James Version
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me."

The fact that they do not love Jesus proves that they are not children of God.

I looked up Replacement Theology... One of the definitions of Replacement Theology is the belief that the New Covenant supersedes the the Old Covenant. In other words, you are a believer in Replacement Theology if you do not believe that the Old Covenant is still valid.

Do you believe the Old Covenant is still valid? If not, you are a believer in Replacement Theology.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Are You Post-Millennial or Something Else?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

► Show Spoiler
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm
Are you Post Millennial or something else.I respect your knowledge and insights.
I don't particularly understand Post-Millennialism or Amillennialism (which I've been told is very similar).

At this point, I would have to say that I think we're living before the Millennium, not during or afterward. So, I'm Pre-Millennial.


Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Are You Post-Millennial or Something Else?

Post by branham1965 »

That is how i was raised -Pre Millenial.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 pm
► Show Spoiler
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm
Are you Post Millennial or something else.I respect your knowledge and insights.
I don't particularly understand Post-Millennialism or Amillennialism (which I've been told is very similar).

At this point, I would have to say that I think we're living before the Millennium, not during or afterward. So, I'm Pre-Millennial.



Post Reply