Dake Bible Discussion BoardA LETTER TO THE MAN THAT BROUGHT ME TO MY FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH 41 YEARS AGO

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Blessings are Upon the Head of the Just

Re: A LETTER TO THE MAN THAT BROUGHT ME TO MY FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH 41 YEARS AGO

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:36 am
So John Wesley is not as good as you?!!!!
He only changed the world!!
Changed it from what to what?
No one in their right mind would brag and say they are perfect.
Those who are trying to bring freedom to others will speak of their own freedom from sin, to the glory of God.
Had I never heard of it, I would still probably be a member of a false "church".
EMPATHY is a quality even imperfect people have.
I guess then, that empathy shouldn't be used as a determiner of Godly men.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: A LETTER TO THE MAN THAT BROUGHT ME TO MY FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH 41 YEARS AGO

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 pm
While I will be excoriated for admitting this, I have been deceived about issues for extended periods of time. During that entire period, I would have denied I was "in sin" and I would have been thoroughly convinced I was sin-free in that particular area. That is the poison of deception, no one knows they are being deceived until the deception has run it course.
Why would anyone criticize you for sharing that you believe you were deceived? If you feel you were deceived that is to be respected. It might be we disagree with that, but we each have our understanding of the matter. Back to the topic and some thoughts to ponder.

How would you not know that you sinned - convinced you were sin-free in a particular area? How so? What would convince a man of such? Certainly all men outside of Christ are in sin, but the man that is in Christ? How can he not know sin as it is as night and day before his eyes.

Can a man not know he is doing any of these things? Matt 12:36-37, Matt 15:17-20, Mark 7:19-23, Rom 1:24-32, Rom 3:9-20, 1 Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:15-21, Eph 4:25-32, Col 3:5-9, 2 Tim 3:1-13, Titus 3:1-3, Jas 2:9-12, etc.

I have heard people say before they did not know they were sinning and I wonder where they get that doctrine from. I believe it is taught from those that are unaware of how sin works.

How is it that one does not know they are under the spirit and nature of sin and satan and living contrary in disobedience to God? The fallen are already deceived. If man has heard the word of God then he well knows if he chooses sin and partakes of the acts.

James chapter 1 is clear on how sin works. When a man thinks temptation and deception is sin, they are missing the vital truth of how sin works. Being drawn away and tempted is not sin - Jesus was tempted just like every man, yet did not give birth to sin.

Sin must be conceived in the heart/spirit of man and he/she well knows when it is sin for when it is birthed it is done. He that commits sin is of the devil. They have no part of God and are none of Christ.

James 1:13-15 (KJV)
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Word up!

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Re: Our Righteousness: Imputed or Infused?

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:19 am
Grandfather wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:34 am
I would love to answer your question, but I need to understand what I said that made you ask it? What about my statement needs to be clarified? What have I written that makes you ask the question if I think anybody is a "repentant, reborn, holy man"? Also I don't know what you mean by repentant, reborn, holy man. I'm simply asking clarifying questions so I can give you a coherent answer to the best of my ability.

So, if you want answers, then ask good questions and be clear what you are asking about.
If you would "love to answer my question" you would answer it.
Does anybody ever repent of (turn from) sin?
Is anybody really reborn of God's seed?
Do you think there are there any holy (sanctified) men on earth?
I will gladly answer when you have provided me with the information I seek so that I can properly answer. I don't know what you mean by repentant, reborn, holy man. I'm simply asking clarifying questions so I can give you a coherent answer to the best of my ability.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank God you guys are not pastors. :-|

luchnia wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:53 am
branham1965 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:32 am
luchnia
Do you ever miss it and ask the Lord to forgive your sins and shortcomings??
I think most when allowing themselves to be tempted and not refusing that temptation that claim they don't miss it at times is probably blind and not being truthful. The same goes for me. Once sin is birthed, it is done as it states in James. Up until that point you have a choice to refuse sin.

I don't put my mind on such things and do not entertain them as our minds should be fixed on Christ and not the darkness nor do we entertain such things even as Paul stated in Thessalonians abstain from all appearances of evil.

As Dake implied in his notes, not just from evil, but all appearance of evil. If it appears evil why do it? I never understood why a man thinks he should be giving in to darkness when he has the greater One living within his spirit than the one that lives in the world and can simply say NO by that power granted by God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

You are a real character Phil. :neutral:

I am happy your church has only 16 members.
Hill Top wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:31 am
branham1965 wrote:
So John Wesley is not as good as you?!!!!
He only changed the world!!
Changed it from what to what?
No one in their right mind would brag and say they are perfect.
Those who are trying to bring freedom to others will speak of their own freedom from sin, to the glory of God.
Had I never heard of it, I would still probably be a member of a false "church".
EMPATHY is a quality even imperfect people have.
I guess then, that empathy shouldn't be used as a determiner of Godly men.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks Grandfather. :angel: :angel:
Grandfather wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 pm
branham1965 wrote:
luchnia
Branham - one of the big issues with deception is that no one realizes they are being deceived at the time it is occurring. Ask most people that viewed a stage magician. They were mesmerized by the "magic", most will readily acknowledge they were deceived, but few, if any, could tell you how it occurred.

While I will be excoriated for admitting this, I have been deceived about issues for extended periods of time. During that entire period, I would have denied I was "in sin" and I would have been thoroughly convinced I was sin-free in that particular area. That is the poison of deception, no one knows they are being deceived until the deception has run it course.

branham1965

Re: Kenneth E. Hagin Badmouthed a Preacher

Post by branham1965 »

Rev. Kenneth E. Hagins books the New Birth and the 6 page sheet understanding the New Birth would help anyone on this.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:25 pm
Wed May 06, 2020 10:24 am
branham1965 wrote:
Kenneth E. Hagin was badmouthing a preacher who fell.The Lord spoke to him and said you would not have done as well in his shoes.
This is a great point.
branham1965 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:37 am
Dad Hagin's son Kenneth Jr. said he NEVER heard his father speak badly about anyone in his life.Not once.
If i recall it some preachers who were talking about the fallen preacher.
And, yet, by your post, above, we know that Kenneth E. Hagin did, indeed, badmouth at least one preacher. Just because Kennether Jr. doesn't recall it and/or didn't witness it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:11 am
Thank God you guys are not pastors. :-|

luchnia wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:53 am
branham1965 wrote:
luchnia
I think most when allowing themselves to be tempted and not refusing that temptation that claim they don't miss it at times is probably blind and not being truthful. The same goes for me. Once sin is birthed, it is done as it states in James. Up until that point you have a choice to refuse sin.

I don't put my mind on such things and do not entertain them as our minds should be fixed on Christ and not the darkness nor do we entertain such things even as Paul stated in Thessalonians abstain from all appearances of evil.

As Dake implied in his notes, not just from evil, but all appearance of evil. If it appears evil why do it? I never understood why a man thinks he should be giving in to darkness when he has the greater One living within his spirit than the one that lives in the world and can simply say NO by that power granted by God.
Yep, I am no pastor, just a simple man that loves God and His word and believes God means what He says.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

branham1965 wrote:
Kenneth E. Hagin was badmouthing a preacher who fell.The Lord spoke to him and said you would not have done as well in his shoes.
This is a great point.
branham1965 wrote:
Dad Hagin's son Kenneth Jr. said he NEVER heard his father speak badly about anyone in his life.Not once.
And, yet, by your post, above, we know that Kenneth E. Hagin did, indeed, badmouth at least one preacher. Just because Kennether Jr. doesn't recall it and/or didn't witness it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
branham1965 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:30 am
Rev. Kenneth E. Hagins books the New Birth and the 6 page sheet understanding the New Birth would help anyone on this.
How so? It's been a while since I read Hagin's The New Birth.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

The understanding the new birth paper explains what happens in salvation.What spirit soul and body are and its great.

Thu May 07, 2020 10:19 am
branham1965 wrote:
This is a great point.
branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:30 am
How so? It's been a while since I read Hagin's The New Birth.