Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs your church still meeting or shut down?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is your church still meeting or shut down?

Yes we trust God and have no fear, we are still meeting.
67%
No we are afraid of the virus so we shut down.
No votes
Are you crazy - I don't even go to church.
33%

Total votes: 3

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Is your church still meeting or shut down?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

I received word, today, that one of the churches that we regularly visit will maintain being shut down for in person services through June 30th, at least. Now, granted, they did have a flood, yesterday, with fish in the parking lot, too.

But, here's an interesting perspective on the Church shutdown over COVID-19 from Pulpit & Pen News:

Churches That Closed for Coronavirus
Excommunicated Themselves From Christ

On the flip-side, I also read of a pastor who continued having services during the COVID-19 shutdown that laid hands on people to heal them of COVID-19 and other things. That pastor has died of COVID-19. His congregation prayed for his resurrection for a couple of days before allowing him to be buried.

Pastor who ‘Healed Coronavirus Sufferers
by Laying his Hands on Them’ Has died from Covid-19

Thoughts/Questions?

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."