Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs your church still meeting or shut down?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is your church still meeting or shut down?

Yes we trust God and have no fear, we are still meeting.
67%
No we are afraid of the virus so we shut down.
No votes
Are you crazy - I don't even go to church.
33%

Total votes: 3

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is your church still meeting or shut down?

Post by luchnia »

Are there any cases in God's word of men of God fleeing the face of any disease or sickness and hiding in the shadows? I kept trying to remember if there were, but if I am not mistaken the men of God stood against these things in a mighty and powerful way.

No doubt, one's faith would way heavily into this and it seems in these times so many that claim high positions within the Church lack such simple faith to get rid of even the common cold, much less something of this magnitude. Actions speak volumes because faith without works is dead faith and useless to anyone.

I also find this is a most sensitive area when bringing it into discussion as people often resort to attacks calling you "self-righteous" and all sorts of rotten names. Compare men of today with the men of God recorded in God's word and their actions according to things such as sickness and disease.

Consider all the "word of faith" folks out there that preach a big game that are now basically hiding away in the shadows. Where is their mighty faith that they tout at this great time of need? Is there not one of them that will stand in the gap and bind this stuff?

Makes you think, doesn't it? No wonder the dooms-dayers and soothsayers get the attention and deceive and mislead the simple.

Word up!

royplumber
Stand Therefore, Having Your Loins Girt About With Truth

Post by royplumber »

The bible says go out and lay hands on people using the scriptures without wisdom will get you the below
results.

Its called a false martyr John the Baptist was a brilliant example of this.

I am not in agreement with church been forced to shut down either

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Hi roy.

What are you saying about John the Baptist??
royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:09 pm
The bible says go out and lay hands on people using the scriptures without wisdom will get you the below
results.

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

I'll compare a church not canceling services to a church handling rattlesnakes with the rattles cut off. Except everyone has to pick up a snake. Surely not everyone will get bitten, some by faith, others by chance. But everyone there is fully aware of what they are doing.

However, the difference with this highly contagious virus is that now everyone attending the service will carry a box of snakes with them. And everyone they meet after leaving service unknowingly sticks their hand in that box of snakes. Will they get bit? Who knows, but these unsuspecting people should at least be offered the choice, but they aren't.

I do not mind you putting yourself at risk, heck I may even but myself at risk. However, I do not have the right to then put others at risk because of my choices. To do so it totally irresponsible for a follower of Christ.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 am
I'll compare a church not canceling services to a church handling rattlesnakes with the rattles cut off. Except everyone has to pick up a snake. Surely not everyone will get bitten, some by faith, others by chance. But everyone there is fully aware of what they are doing.

However, the difference with this highly contagious virus is that now everyone attending the service will carry a box of snakes with them. And everyone they meet after leaving service unknowingly sticks their hand in that box of snakes. Will they get bit? Who knows, but these unsuspecting people should at least be offered the choice, but they aren't.

I do not mind you putting yourself at risk, heck I may even but myself at risk. However, I do not have the right to then put others at risk because of my choices. To do so it totally irresponsible for a follower of Christ.
Good post.

Matthew 5:19-20 New King James Version
"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

I get the society churches thing, but what about The Church, the body of Christ, the called out believers belonging unto the Lord. What is their operation around such things as this virus, or any sickness now and every day, or are they simply gospel spreaders?

Is there not one among them that has faith? I believe it is much more to it than what we see proclaimed as church, but that is simply my opinion. Are powerless churches, The Church? Is the body of Christ without power and this is scriptural? A faithless generation out there today. I would rather die standing in faith, than be faithless as we see in our time.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:32 am
I get the society churches thing, but what about The Church, the body of Christ, the called out believers belonging unto the Lord. What is their operation around such things as this virus, or any sickness now and every day, or are they simply gospel spreaders?

Is there not one among them that has faith? I believe it is much more to it than what we see proclaimed as church, but that is simply my opinion. Are powerless churches, The Church? Is the body of Christ without power and this is scriptural? A faithless generation out there today. I would rather die standing in faith, than be faithless as we see in our time.
So true.

In these times the modern day church has shown itself to be in just as much fear as the rest of society.

There is a lot of work to be done!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:04 am
luchnia wrote:

So true.

In these times the modern day church has shown itself to be in just as much fear as the rest of society.

:angel:

Word up!

Grandfather
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Forgiveth All Thine Iniquities

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:04 am
luchnia wrote:

So true.

Maybe, maybe not. The early church held service in secret so as not to get arrested and fed to the lion, or sent to the "games" or used as human torches. Perhaps you should call them faithless or in fear. Much of the current church in Chian, Russia, of serveal Muslim countries do the same thing. Are they in fear?

royplumber
Stand Therefore, Having Your Loins Girt About With Truth

Post by royplumber »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:53 am
Hi roy.

What are you saying about John the Baptist??
royplumber wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:09 pm
results.

I see a link with John the Baptist calling out ungodly order ( Herod ) similar with having open corona church meetings. John carried on his religious meeting when he should off dropped everything and followed Jesus. People are going out on the street but will eventually will be arrested but it could be a martyr spirit. There is a possibly could kill the corona open church person thinking they are stopping him being stupid. When you're in isolation in jail you're stopped from sharing the gospel anyway.
so its with what spirit are you led by and every situation is different. I noticed how apostle John who was closest to Jesus live a long life this is not the normal way to die today most people die of a disease.
its like a oxymoron hope I am getting across what I am trying to say